• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eaterfan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont think this QB class is as good as last years but a run on them would be cool and awesome if Sewell falls to us. Ideal really.

Im not that high on Lance and Wilson. I grade them down just for where they play. BYU always has good QBs for their conference but struggle in the NFL save for Young and McMahan. And McMahan was just above average. All others have failed.

I'd take Trask over Lance and Wilson.

Taysom Hill will be another mediocre QB from there. He didnt look good against Denver and isnt that great a passer. Even at BYU he had 43 TDs and 31 INTs.
    DCs will make it tougher for him as they go along. Payton is getting him a look that in the end id bet he gets another QB.

Just glad we dont need one now.
    This seems like a silly system. If it worked then we are in real trouble with Herbert. I mean Oregon QBs have struggled except Fouts. Cal's QBs all stunk in the NFL until Rodgers and Goff isn't looking so hot right now, either. Honestly, pretty much any school you can point to 4-5 QBs who didn't make it for every one who did, except maybe NC State? Taysom Hill was never a big time QB prospect so the comparison is pretty weak, IMO.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Not at #4 are they picking a safety...or #10
      FAlcons are pretty maxed as the cap stands now
      Not that they cannot do things to get around that

But I am not sure a new regime will want to spend lots of draft capital to get a player for that old of a roster.

But I guess have to see where the Bolts finish (I think at best they finish 5-11) - but thats beating both Den and Atlanta.

But if there is an opportunity to trade back - get an extra 2nd or maybe a 3rd/4th type trade and still get a qood quality OT in round 1 - works for if Penei is off the board

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

I dont think this QB class is as good as last years but a run on them would be cool and awesome if Sewell falls to us. Ideal really.

Im not that high on Lance and Wilson. I grade them down just for where they play. BYU always has good QBs for their conference but struggle in the NFL save for Young and McMahan. And McMahan was just above average. All others have failed.

Taysom Hill will be another mediocre QB from there. He didnt look good against Denver and isnt that great a passer. Even at BYU he had 43 TDs and 31 INTs.
        DCs will make it tougher for him as they go along. Payton is getting him a look that in the end id bet he gets another QB.

Just glad we dont need one now.
        Add Jamie Newman to the list of potential 1st/2nd round QBs. He withdrew from UGA to prep for the draft.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

recall seeing a blurb where Kurt Warner didn't think Trask was worth a first round pick ??

have a good feeling 'bout Lance (got him going to Carolina), not so much 'bout Wilson, albeit do think there is a good chance he lands w/Lynch 'n Shanahan in SF.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/chicago-bears-2021-draft-scouting-report-florida-qb-kyle-trask/

Kyle Trask is a tough 2021 NFL Draft prospect to figure out (nflmocks.com)

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Rise of Kyle Trask and Latest 2021 Big Board | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Midseason Scouting Check-In: Kyle Trask — BLUE CHIP SCOUTING(day three/5th rounder)

does he go day two to Atlanta.... ??

Is Florida QB Kyle Trask a top 5 quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft? (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

this last guy (Draft Diamonds) has Lance ahead of both Trask and Fields, and.... tend to agree.

RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post

This seems like a silly system. If it worked then we are in real trouble with Herbert. I mean Oregon QBs have struggled except Fouts. Cal's QBs all stunk in the NFL until Rodgers and Goff isn't looking so hot right now, either. Honestly, pretty much any school you can point to 4-5 QBs who didn't make it for every one who did, except maybe NC State? Taysom Hill was never a big time QB prospect so the comparison is pretty weak, IMO.
            yea, i get that but it is true way more often than not. Just the feeling i have with those two.
            Oregon plays in a tougher conferance and we already know Herbert is a franchise QB. He has actulally flourished sooner than i expected.

BYU has had a lot of failures at QB with many that had good carreers there.

Even with Young it took him years to get to where we got and he moved around some so he wasnt the franchise QB the team that drafted him thought he would be.

I dont see Wilson being that guy either or N. Dakota st QB Lance.

As for Hill, he is a gimmick player like Slash was. Not sure why Payton is giving him the chance to show. Maybe he just wants to be sure and already knows so he can keep Winston when Brees is done. Which can be anytime now with their cap situation.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

yea, i get that but it is true way more often than not. Just the feeling i have with those two.
              Oregon plays in a tougher conferance and we already know Herbert is a franchise QB. He has actulally flourished sooner than i expected.

BYU has had a lot of failures at QB with many that had good carreers there.

Even with Young it took him years to get to where we got and he moved around some so he wasnt the franchise QB the team that drafted him thought he would be.

I dont see Wilson being that guy either or N. Dakota st QB Lance.

As for Hill, he is a gimmick player like Slash was. Not sure why Payton is giving him the chance to show. Maybe he just wants to be sure and already knows so he can keep Winston when Brees is done. Which can be anytime now with their cap situation.

Brees will count around $22m of dead cap space when he retires More than likely they will have to do a dummy non guaranteed contract and "release" him on Labor Day or make him a June 1 designation splitting the dead cap over two years. But hey, if they win it this year - all worth it. And they have a good team if Hill or Winston can get through through a few games.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

recall seeing a blurb where Kurt Warner didn't think Trask was worth a first round pick ??

have a good feeling 'bout Lance (got him going to Carolina), not so much 'bout Wilson, albeit do think there is a good chance he lands w/Lynch 'n Shanahan in SF.

https://www.sportsmockery.com/chicago-bears/chicago-bears-2021-draft-scouting-report-florida-qb-kyle-trask/

Kyle Trask is a tough 2021 NFL Draft prospect to figure out (nflmocks.com)

Matt Miller's Scouting Notebook: Rise of Kyle Trask and Latest 2021 Big Board | Bleacher Report | Latest News, Videos and Highlights

Midseason Scouting Check-In: Kyle Trask — BLUE CHIP SCOUTING(day three/5th rounder)

does he go day two to Atlanta.... ??

Is Florida QB Kyle Trask a top 5 quarterback in the 2021 NFL Draft? (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

this last guy (Draft Diamonds) has Lance ahead of both Trask and Fields, and.... tend to agree.

Kurt didn’t think Herbert would be good so early.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Kurt didn’t think Herbert would be good so early.
                  neither did eye.... if ever,
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Hec im not sold on Fields. Those two INTs he threw up for grabs a couple weeks ago were just terrible decisions. Bad plays and yes he can get coached out of that as he hasnt had to deal with that kind of pressure much in Ohio st but...man, very bad plays and some guys are not fast learners.

Herbert has been an extrordinary fast learner. He doesnt even look like the same QB i saw in college.

Wentz looks bad this year as wasnt that great last season. His OL does stink but he has to get rid of the ball and not take so many sacks. My bet is they try and shop him during the offseason if his contract surfices and Hurts will take over.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Add Jamie Newman to the list of potential 1st/2nd round QBs. He withdrew from UGA to prep for the draft.
                      Depending on how well Newman does in the combine, he could move up to round 1 during the QB feeding frenzy...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Newman is more 3rd round to me. ...if that. Does he get to be elevated from last year when he didnt play this year? Maybe because this class isnt as good?

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

A cornerback would be a wasted pick in Bradley’s soft scheme.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X