• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

if I'm the Jags, am I wary of selecting Fields ??

Ohio State QBs don't have the best track record in the NFL, and they did last draft Bortles @2 overall ??

Minshew has had his moments, and.... would they be better served going w/Ja'Marr Chase ?? and perhaps adding a CB as well ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Silversurfer
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Los Angeles
      • Send PM

Sam Cosmi?

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

recall you pegged him at $9m last year and he signed for $6m.... think he gets a raise and an extra year this go 'round, but not to ten mil.... $7.5m/year for two years.
        You might be right. But he signed lower than expect (2 years ago) because he was often injured. This year he had a career year and stayed healthy. The FA field for ILB is shallow. You have Perryman and Jarrad Davis. That's about it. I think Murray Jr. was drafted to replace Perryman. I'd be surprised if Perryman got less than $7.5 million/year in FA. Can't have two guys (Murray/Perryman) that are sub-par in coverage. I expect the Chargers to draft a WILL or SAM that can cover well. Both Uchenna Nwosu and Kyzir White become FA's after the 2021 season.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Agree on the OL. How about instead of looking for RBs that can dodge defenders 3 yards behind the LOS, we look for linemen that can keep a RB clean till he gets to the line. Better yet, open a fucking hole once in awhile.
          Amen, brother!

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

In that case, maybe the Bungles trade down, so they can pick up a C and G...they'll probably want a pretty penny if Sewell is there when they pick...and a lot of eager takers...we could easily see a bidding war...
            They could draft OG and/or OC. But they've had bad luck doing that, lately. They have the cap room this off-season to buy one or two (proven starters). And they have two outgoing FA IOL that were bad this year. They need to stop !@#$% around and get Burrows some IOL help. OT is not their problem. They could always get an OT in the 2nd/3rd round to develop and replace Bobby Hart in a year. Granted, Sewell could be chosen @#3... but then you have a #11 pick (Jonah Williams) at RT and a #3 pick (Sewell) at LT. That's a lot of draft capital all at one position (OT)... and OT isn't even your biggest need. They need IOL, EDGE and 1 more LB.

BTW... trading up to the #3 will cost a lot. Those 1st 3 spots command 400 value increases #5 to #3 would cost the 1st round pick and the 2nd round pick.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

You might be right. But he signed lower than expect (2 years ago) because he was often injured. This year he had a career year and stayed healthy. The FA field for ILB is shallow. You have Perryman and Jarrad Davis. That's about it. I think Murray Jr. was drafted to replace Perryman. I'd be surprised if Perryman got less than $7.5 million/year in FA. Can't have two guys (Murray/Perryman) that are sub-par in coverage. I expect the Chargers to draft a WILL or SAM that can cover well. Both Uchenna Nwosu and Kyzir White become FA's after the 2021 season.
              Perryman was very happy to resign and he still had six games to get injured again. I dont think he will be expensive to resign.

Tranquil will be back and Murray should play Will. Murray can't cover any better than Perryman. They probably resign Kyzir though I wouldn't care if they don't.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Jayon Brown.
                Titans.
                Best coverage LB.
                On my radar.
                Just hurt his elbow.
                Out for the season.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

have never bought into the myth that Denzel is sub par in coverage.... checking the stats he is just as good if not better than Tranquill.... he might be avg or adequate, but not below par.

recall seeing Denzel getting beat long, over the top by a TE for a TD last year, which means two things.... he didn't get any safety help and we didn't get a pass rush.

on the other hand, dude flat out/straight up makes plays at and behind the LOS that none of our other LBs make (maybe Murray turns into that guy for us ?)

also will be surprised if we draft any LBs this go 'round as we've got plenty as it stands now, albeit do see Telesco replacing the both of Kyzir and Uchenna after 2021.

thought we signed Vigil to be our coverage LB ?? we've got Tranq as well if he can ever stay healthy, and White was s'posed to have coverage skills as well as an ex safety ??

the one guy that is a must get by my take, and for if and when he comes out, is Palaei Gaoteote.... def a must get for the Chargers.... can cover and play the run.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post
                    Sam Cosmi?
                    My first choice of course is Sewell

My second choice is the next best OL - and if Cosmi is ranked as a top 10 prospect and the Chargers are drafting top 10 - I have no problem, with Herbert as QB, maybe reaching a couple spots for Cosmi if he warrants the pick. I think OL is such a need with Herbert that I don't want the GM to go crazy and really over-draft - but a couple of spots if the guy is a top 10 pick - I think makes sense Or even trade back and see if somebody wants a JaMarr Chase or Waddle or Surtain (or that LB, Micah Parsons) and you can get Cosmi.

Telesco tried to build an OL for Rivers but it really wasn't through the draft. You need to build OL through the draft. 1st and one the two third rounders on OL please!
                    Hell, if you want to go OL in Rounds 1 and 2 - nobody will mind

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Not sure why everyone is writing us off for Sewell so early.

After this week we'll be in great position again:

Washington plays Dallas, so we're going to move up at least one spot. Several other games put us in good position to move up (or at least give us some room to not move down, even with another win). Detroit and Houston have 4 and 3 wins, so we gain cushion either way. NYG play Cin so we either jump Cincy or put some cushion between us and the Giants. Minnesota plays Carolina giving us a cushion on one of the teams with 4 wins, well.

Week 13 it's important we lose to the Pats because not many other teams have win opportunities

Week 14: Dallas @ Cincy (someone will have to win or tie), Denver @ Carolina, and we have to lose to ATL

Week 16: Cincy @ Houston

Week 17: NFC east plays each other.

We will have to continue to play like garbage because we have some winnable games, but if we stay in the 4 win range, I think we will be in position to get Sewell unless Cincy totally sucks. I think the 5-6 win range still nets us a top 7 pick.

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Don’t forget Wyatt Davis
                        Positional value be dammed
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have never bought into the myth that Denzel is sub par in coverage.... checking the stats he is just as good if not better than Tranquill.... he might be avg or adequate, but not below par.

recall seeing Denzel getting beat long, over the top by a TE for a TD last year, which means two things.... he didn't get any safety help and we didn't get a pass rush.

on the other hand, dude flat out/straight up makes plays at and behind the LOS that none of our other LBs make (maybe Murray turns into that guy for us ?)

also will be surprised if we draft any LBs this go 'round as we've got plenty as it stands now, albeit do see Telesco replacing the both of Kyzir and Uchenna after 2021.

thought we signed Vigil to be our coverage LB ?? we've got Tranq as well if he can ever stay healthy, and White was s'posed to have coverage skills as well as an ex safety ??

the one guy that is a must get by my take, and for if and when he comes out, is Palaei Gaoteote.... def a must get for the Chargers.... can cover and play the run.
                          Well, I checked the stats, and Perryman only has 6 PD's and 3 picks...over SIX YEARS...not too impressive in coverage...

perryman.JPG

Comment

Working...
                          X