• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

"On the first day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
    ...a brand-new, shiny HC!"

On the second day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
    ...two cover corners,
    and a brand new, shiny HC!"

On the third day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
    ...three sure-tackling safeties,
    ...two cover corners,

On the fourth day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
    ...four good D-linemen,
    ...two cover corners,

On the fifth day of Christmas, the Spani gave to me...
    A FINE OFFENSIVE LINE!
    ...four good D-linemen,
    ...two cover corners,

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Love what Mack Brown has done with UNC. Really efficient offense. Michael Carter could be the next Ekeler. He has always done a great job of developing lesser talent. He could be a sweet GM one day.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’ll be interested to see Ja’Marr’s combine performance because his HS recruitment speed was not explosive at 4.66.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2901256-lsu-wr-jamarr-chase-running-440-40-after-being-clocked-at-466-in-high-school
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Two new starters, OLT and C, with the beginning of a pipeline of OL talent. For me, trading back and getting a #1 and a #2 to use on linemen is my perfect draft. Sewell is a dream that I cant see happening. And there are QBs in this draft worth trading to #5 up for.
          my guess is that we will be without the both of Feeney and Trai Turner next season, so am thinking that a starting OC & OG are our two most pressing needs on the line ??

am looking developmental tackle rounds 3/4 or so ??
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Here are a couple of sleepers for you wood.

Checkout...
            Mike Strachan (WR) University of Charleston. 6’5” / 225#, low 4.4s (4.38 best). Big, explosive, major production, semi new to football, small school competition is question to be answered.
            dude looks like a worthwhile gambit.... UDFA or does Tommy T. expend one of his fifth round magic bullets ??

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

my guess is that we will be without the both of Feeney and Trai Turner next season, so am thinking that a starting OC & OG are our two most pressing needs on the line ??

am looking developmental tackle rounds 3/4 or so ??
              I'm thinking Feeney and Tevi need to be replaced. We can't depend on Bulaga and Turner either, with their injury issues. Lamp might be worth signing to a team-friendly deal. Tevi, maybe, as a backup. Depends on how Campen rates their upside, IF he's still around next season. Honestly, we need to overhaul just about the entire line. I want to get at the very least a C, T and G out of this draft.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Hadn’t seen that. Thanks beach!
                Matches closer to what Ja’Marr put on tape in 2019.
                Look forward to seeing how he does at the combine.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I like your thinking with the trade down option, as long as either Slater or Darrisaw is still on the board when we pick in the 1st round. I'm almost in total lockstep with the rest of your picks, except I'd go with an edge rusher with the 3A pick. Lookin at Myjai Sanders' potential in a role behind Nwosu in 2021.
                  In your trade-down situation I'd go:

Trade our early 1st for a 1st & 2nd & maybe a 5th.

1A: Christian Darrisaw, OT
                  2: Erik Stokes, CB
                  2A: Trey Smith, OG
                  3: Josh Meyers, OC
                  3A: Myjai Sanders, EDGE
                  4. Spencer Brown, RT (to develop a year behind Bulaga)
                  5. Tonga/Alim McNeil, NT
                  6. PGIV, LB
                  6A. Josh Jobe, CB
                  7. Best kicker available...looking at Jose Borregales
                  the trouble for me w/the first pick is that am not as in love/enamored w/the either of Darrisaw nor Slater, as eye was w/Wirfs or Ramcyzk, as think they are more late first/earlier second round talents, albeit w/Jeremiah's endorsement, guessing Slater doesn't slip outta the first, and....

do like Wade, but apparently he's not doing so hot on the boundary, albeit he is demonstrably proficient in the slot, which could drop him down into day two, and so....

my guy is Trey Smith, and would very much like Eric Stokes as well, and so.... 'tis my observation that the second tier CBs oft go in the late twenties/end of the first/early second, and.... hoping that Trey Smith pulls a Marcus McNeill due to health concerns and we could get him w/our second, and....

if 'twas me, would prolly make sure eye get the guard and take Trey after a trade down later in the first and take my chances on Stokes making it to the second, if we could elicit an extra pick at the top of the second, and.... w/the outside chance that Wade would still be on board, if Stokes had gone off in round one ??

the other guy that is an imperative to me is Josh Myers, as think it fairly certain that the both of Trai Turner and Feeney are unlikely to be Chargers next season, and think this is a good opportunity to shore up the IOL, so would consider taking him w/our second, unless am convinced he'd be there in the third.... very important add, as a good OC makes the entire rest of the line that much better.

@Edge, am pretty content w/Bosa switching over to play LEO for @least a season, and suspect that Telesco will hold onto Nwosu for his last year under contract, so doubtful we have much of a need there, as not in love w/Tillery @DE, but much prefer Justin Jones playing 3T, down in and down out there, as opposed to Tillery, and....

can see our FO going w/Rousseau, coz they are in no condition/position to mess up a top five pick, but have seen Rousseau slotted @10 and into the teens, and not sure how many first round picks it takes for overkill @DE ??

and just like having Bosa penciled in already @LEO, we just drafted a MIKE to be in Murray last draft, not to mention trading away draft capital to do so, and so.... not in any great mood to add another LB in Parsons, and so.... still in trade down mode, as think we desperately need to add day two talent and depth to our roster, and much more so than top heavy talent that needs to get paid.

so the Myjai Sanders pick is getting more and more popular of late, but he just doesn't take me over the top there, and as eye think I prefer Jayson Oweh anyways, and.... still looking primarily tackles day two, as think I'd prefer the NT route to backup Joseph, perhaps in the form of someone like Tyler Shelvin, as not sure Alim McNeill nor Khyiris Tonga are gonna be the all that am looking for there ??

do love PGIV for us, and am game to take him much earlier, and for the if and when he might come out.

Josh Jobe is an interesting looking player, and sorta reminds me of another 'Bama guy that eye liked quite a bit, that came to the Chargers w/Facyson as UDFAs for the Chargers, and both guys that eye thought could be day two talents.... Tony Brown was the guy, and just like Jobe, my take was that he'd prolly be better for us @FS, in that he wasn't the best @turning his hips, or keeping up w/crafty Keenan Allen like separators, 'specially on long balls, and.... both are very physical, w/great intangibles, and.... Brown has bounced around the league a bit after being let go here, so sure.... wouldn't mind seeing Jobe in camp w/the Chargers.... as an UDFA.

and Borregales looks worthy of a day three pick, albeit am a Badgley guy as had him slotted to us when he came out in the draft, and think he's gonna be fine for if and when after our FO removes our psy ops problem in the coaching ranks here.

last, the two developmental tackles in Spencer Brown and Daniel Faalele are growing on me, as think we might get one more year outta Beluga, and that Trey is gonna need @least another year to get up to NFL speed 'n strength, so think it'd be a good idea to get something cooking while we make do w/Sam 'n Bryan, and w/Pips in arrears/backup mode until called upon.
                  Last edited by beachcomber; 12-05-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

OL and Edge sounds smart to me. They have multiplier value. A great OL makes a dozen WRs and RBs better. A great edge makes a dozen DBs better

A great DB just takes away one receiver. A great RB goes nowhere without blocking. Yes, OL and Edge are genius targets

BPA’ers revolt ... and ... go!
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Trey.jpg

from Dynasty Draft Room.... 5 IOL Trey Smith

Comment

• Tol
                        From Accounting
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Carlsbad
                        • Send PM

Been really bored lately, so I've been doing a lot of mocks, reading scouting reports, watching condensed games. I'm starting to open up to the idea of drafting WR Ja’Marr Chase. Imagine pairing Keenan with a DeAndre Hopkins or Davante Adams. Yes sir! Yes sir! Sign me up.

2nd round, how about LT Liam Eichenberg? There should be some good OT's left at the top of the 2nd, I think Eichenberg will be one of them. Golden Domer, so you know. And as of this post, Notre Dame is still undefeated. ND has produced some really good OT's like Mike McGlinchey, Ronnie Stanley, and Zack Martin. So if I need an LT and he's there in the 2nd, I'll take him.

I may have found a gem in the 3rd... (actually I think I'm late to the party, but whatever) from Melbourne Australia RT Daniel Faalele playing for Minnesota. 6'9" 400 lbs, he's HUGE! I think I read that he played some Rugby before making the switch to football. He's got the strength, arm length, mobility, and hands to "play at a high level in the pros." With "significant untapped potential lying in wait," I sure as hell don't want him going to any other team in the AFC West.

1 WR Ja’Marr Chase - LSU
                        2 LOT Liam Eichenberg - Notre Dame
                        3 CB Kary Vincent Jr - LSU
                        3 ROT Daniel Faalele - Minnesota
                        4 EDGE Rashad Weaver - Pittsburgh
                        • A certified weapon for Herbert
                        • Bookend OT's
                        • Young, productive players that fit defensive needs
                        Last edited by Tol; 12-05-2020, 07:52 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                          Love what Mack Brown has done with UNC. Really efficient offense. Michael Carter could be the next Ekeler. He has always done a great job of developing lesser talent. He could be a sweet GM one day.
                          I am eyeing the other Tar Heel RB, Javonte Williams, for us too. Great size and burst. Rd3. I want a strong one-two punch.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X