• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I think Jax could go QB too since they have benched Minshew and if they dont then you have to wonder if Dallas wants to pay Dak 200 million over 5 years or draft a QB instead.
    After Lawrence, Justin Fields could rise into the top 5 or so, especially for a QB-hungry team. It's possible that another QB will also break the top 5-8 or so, since QB is such a premium position. All this could push Sewell down to us at #4 - #6 overall...

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

After Lawrence, Justin Fields could rise into the top 5 or so, especially for a QB-hungry team. It's possible that another QB will also break the top 5-8 or so, since QB is such a premium position. All this could push Sewell down to us at #4 - #6 overall...
      i'm pretty confident that Fields is being looked at 2 or 3 overall
      could we be so lucky to have 3 qbs go top 5? I think so
      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Yep...very possible...some GM who's in the hot seat to draft a shiny new QB to replace the current clunker, will panic and trade up for the 3rd or 4th best QB after Lawrence and Fields...yep, wouldn't that be sweet to see Sewell drop to us when we draft around #4 overall?

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Lawerence, Lance, Fields, Trask, Wilson, and Newman could all go in round 1 if they all come out.
          4 of them will go in the top 10.
          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You worry about my draft thoughts? Don’t , TT and I rarely have the same draft strategy.
            Youre missing the boat about Penei and will regret not giving up a pick or 2 after Penei produces 8 All-Pro seasons in his first 10.
            how much better is he than Simmons ?? and you know you can't trade away picks every year.... diminishing/marginal returns, and....

if anyone should be trading down instead of up, 'tis you, as you've regularly got 'bout 100 or so guys that have NFL draft grades from you.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• eaterfan
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

I think the Giants or Bengals (if they're ahead of us are the biggest threat to take Sewall. If he falls to the Chargers I'd like to see them take him. Otherwise, I agree with trading down.

It will definitely be weird cheering for the Giants as the season moves along.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Yep...like trading down for an extra 2nd rounder. With our first rounder, get the best OT or Edge available. Double up on O-line soon afterwards. So many holes to fill. Need a solid CB. Need a SS to compete with Mr. Elite and for depth.
                not in the market for an edge quite yet, but def an Oline (not necessarily OT as think there are very good guards early in this draft) early, and then a DB, at one or the both of CB and/or S
                5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Lawerence, Lance, Fields, Trask, Wilson, and Newman could all go in round 1 if they all come out.
                  4 of them will go in the top 10.
                  wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson go to SF....

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
                    I think the Giants or Bengals (if they're ahead of us are the biggest threat to take Sewall. If he falls to the Chargers I'd like to see them take him. Otherwise, I agree with trading down.

It will definitely be weird cheering for the Giants as the season moves along.
                    think the Bengals will be looking for an eventual replacement for AJ Green, as there seem to be two top tier talents @WR in the top ten, and....

would the ghost of LT influence the selection of Micah Parsons to NY ??

Comment

• WindsorUK
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Windsor, U.K.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

This time last, Burrow wasn't even a 1st round consideration.
                      Definitely be good to see QB's ( or others at the combine) raise their status and push Sewell down at least 2 or 3 spots.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

how much better is he than Simmons ?? and you know you can't trade away picks every year.... diminishing/marginal returns, and....

if anyone should be trading down instead of up, 'tis you, as you've regularly got 'bout 100 or so guys that have NFL draft grades from you.
                        Sewell is the second highest prospect grade I’ve ever had. Jeffery Simmons was 1 point higher ( I promoted him as a trade up even with his injury).
                        Penei is the only ELITE grade I currently have at OT.
                        I believe ELITE prospects are worth their weight in gold and Penei is a 330# solid nugget.

I would trade up/down in most every draft depending on the offers I received from other GMs. You can’t trade without a partner and for compensation you think is justified.
                        I typically have between 170-220 prospects with draftable grades in my system.
                        Day 3 is my favorite part of the draft. I’d love to have 6+ picks on day 3 every year. I think I could find 1-3 starting caliber players on day 3 with 6 picks but ELITE talents rarely fall out of the top 75-100 prospects.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Sewell is the second highest prospect grade I’ve ever had. Jeffery Simmons was 1 point higher ( I promoted him as a trade up even with his injury).
                          Penei is the only ELITE grade I currently have at OT.
                          I believe ELITE prospects are worth their weight in gold and Penei is a 330# solid nugget.

I would trade up/down in most every draft depending on the offers I received from other GMs. You can’t trade without a partner and for compensation you think is justified.
                          I typically have between 170-220 prospects with draftable grades in my system.
                          Day 3 is my favorite part of the draft. I’d love to have 6+ picks on day 3 every year. I think I could find 1-3 starting caliber players on day 3 with 6 picks but ELITE talents rarely fall out of the top 75-100 prospects.
                          I guess u like that 6th rounder the Bolts just got for King, right? Who's on yer radar for day 2, Ninja?

Comment

Working...
                          X