• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I just don't see WR as a big PON...it's either OT or Edge for me in round 1...if Sewell isn't there when we pick, trade down, get a solid OT in mid round 1, get an Edge rusher with the extra pick...
    I agree that OT, DE, or CB are our biggest needs, after the first round, WR, RB, and TE are also big needs..... Williams has injury issues and he is not as consistent as would be needed to give him a big contract, so he will likely be let go..... same goes for henry..... and obviously we need at least one or 2 every-down type RB's with speed and power..... we have mostly little guys that get hurt easily....

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Bolts are slowly creeping up in the Sewell Sweepstakes...my guess is we end up picking #4 overall...
      lol..... you may be right.....Jets looked good enough tonight that they might even beat Chargers....... NE barely beat them......lol

We are going to win at least one more game this season, and likely we will beat one team that we are not supposed to..... like KC at end of year, likely if they already have number one seed locked up.......

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
        Here's TT thinkings. Justin Herbert doing OK with a less than average O-line. Let's keep Herbert doing his thing with that and focus on the defense. Guess what? TT has been trying to build a "dream team defense" for years now. Is that working? You've had years drafting other than O-line and now you want Herbert to earn his pay. So..you put the offense on Herbert's back. After all, you pay him big #1 draft pick bucks. "Now, continue to do your thing JH with a less than stellar O-line." "Meanwhile, we'll continue our trying to build our defense with high draft picks." "To JH...you and the O-line are on your own."

It's almost as if drafting Lamp at #2 (and his failure) soured TT on trying again. So...TT will once again ignore the O-line this draft (expecting #1 JH to make up for that) and try and score on some more defensive players. Hey TT, you've been doing that the past couple of years. The linebacking corp are still a bunch of no names, the D-line can't get to the QB. Give it up! Forget next season and start the slow building of an offensive line. One with a running game. Then wait until after next year and another losing season to repair your defense. I can wait.

At least then you'll be building a powerful offensive "future" around Justin Herbert and the offense. If not, I say to all...this Spanos family might possibly wreck a possible future HOF QB. How?, by doing business as usual, which is the Spanos' way. Someone...please!... make this family an offer they can't refuse.
        Makes sense..... Rivers quick decision making and quick release, made horrible OL's look way better than they were, so TT did nothing to help protect him.....

Ive seen other teams rebuild an OL in a year or two and they play well.... its about choosing the right players and coaching them well..... Chargers lack the coaching so its hard to judge all of our players......ill bet payton, bellycheat or reid could shape up this team almost instantly.....

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

lol..... you may be right.....Jets looked good enough tonight that they might even beat Chargers....... NE barely beat them......lol

We are going to win at least one more game this season, and likely we will beat one team that we are not supposed to..... like KC at end of year, likely if they already have number one seed locked up.......
          Herbert obviously has done more than enough to secure his spot as the franchise qb
          If Herbert is as smart as they say, he might want to consider playing poorly
          playing bad enough to lose the next 8 games can help him out exponentially
          get Lynn fired while putting us in position to draft his compadre Sewell which would obviously protect him for years to come.
          I know this won’t happen but if he were my son I think I would at least point this out
          fuck ROYT

chess not checkers
          Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Current draft order:
            think right now I'd handicap like so:

Jets * Trevor
            Jax * Gregory Rousseau
            Dallas * Penei Sewell
            Giants * Kwity Paye
            WashDC * Fields
            LAC * Micah Parsons
            Miami * Ja'Marr Chase
            Cincy * Jaylen Waddle
            Carolina * Trey Lance

the order is gonna change, but thinkin' Jax 'n NYGs traditionally build defense first, and Dallas has a propensity to secure their Oline.... so we'll see where the order shakes out there ??

thinkin' Jets 'n Football team go QB, and that we'd likely be left w/Parsons, 'specially given that personally see Murray more as a WLB, and perhaps he has "communication issues" @MIKE ?? not to mention that someone(s) obviously not overly fond of Perryman @MLB....

Fins 'n Bengalis get some bling for their rook QBs, and Carolina takes the heavier Lance over the lightweight/developmental Zach Wilson ?? ....does Wilson land in NE ??
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Check that.
              Pipkins PFF W9 grade...79.1.
              :lol:
              No way. He was toasted.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I also lean towards trading down in the first and getting an extra second. Then pick an OT and another OL with our first two picks. Sewell is a dream that I cant see happening.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                  I also lean towards trading down in the first and getting an extra second. Then pick an OT and another OL with our first two picks. Sewell is a dream that I cant see happening.
                  thank you.... Critty 'n Ninj are scarin' the chit outta me w/their trading away of multiple picks.... they are missing the point.... they woulda traded away the likes of Joey 'n Justin ?? !!

and yes.... would like to not only trade down into later in the first for an additional second, but also trade down to later in the second for an additional third.... 11 picks sure would be nice.... (sigh
                  Last edited by beachcomber; 11-10-2020, 11:43 AM.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

thank you.... Critty 'n Ninj are scarin' the chit outta me w/their trading away of multiple picks.... they are missing the point.... they woulda traded away the likes of Joey 'n Justin ?? !!

and yes.... would like to not only trade down into later in the first for an additional second, but also trade down to later in the second for an additional third.... 11 picks sure would be nice.... (sign
                    You worry about my draft thoughts? Don’t , TT and I rarely have the same draft strategy.
                    Youre missing the boat about Penei and will regret not giving up a pick or 2 after Penei produces 8 All-Pro seasons in his first 10.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

and yes.... would like to not only trade down into later in the first for an additional second, but also trade down to later in the second for an additional third.... 11 picks sure would be nice.... (sign
                      Yep...like trading down for an extra 2nd rounder. With our first rounder, get the best OT or Edge available. Double up on O-line soon afterwards. So many holes to fill. Need a solid CB. Need a SS to compete with Mr. Elite and for depth.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

think right now I'd handicap like so:

Jets * Trevor
                        Jax * Gregory Rousseau
                        Dallas * Penei Sewell
                        Giants * Kwity Paye
                        WashDC * Fields
                        LAC * Micah Parsons
                        Miami * Ja'Marr Chase
                        Cincy * Jaylen Waddle
                        Carolina * Trey Lance

the order is gonna change, but thinkin' Jax 'n NYGs traditionally build defense first, and Dallas has a propensity to secure their Oline.... so we'll see where the order shakes out there ??

thinkin' Jets 'n Football team go QB, and that we'd likely be left w/Parsons, 'specially given that personally see Murray more as a WLB, and perhaps he has "communication issues" @MIKE ?? not to mention that someone(s) obviously not overly fond of Perryman @MLB....

Fins 'n Bengalis get some bling for their rook QBs, and Carolina takes the heavier Lance over the lightweight/developmental Zach Wilson ?? ....does Wilson land in NE ??
                        I think Jax could go QB too since they have benched Minshew and if they dont then you have to wonder if Dallas wants to pay Dak 200 million over 5 years or draft a QB instead.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Yep...like trading down for an extra 2nd rounder. With our first rounder, get the best OT or Edge available. Double up on O-line soon afterwards. So many holes to fill. Need a solid CB. Need a SS to compete with Mr. Elite and for depth.
                          Isnt that what Alohi Gilman is? Jenkins is NOT going to be our SS when Derwin comes back ( and hope he can finally stay healthy) so he will go back to FS and he and Adderley will compete there. So though ive no idea about Alohi right now and i dont think safety is a big need compared to CB and drafting a safety later ...well we did that last draft with Alohi.

Comment

Working...
                          X