• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Ninj.... is there a scenario where you would consider trading down, or are you not sold on the value later in the first/early second in comparison to the earlier first rounders @CB, and then Oline day two ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• like54ninjas
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2017
      • Great White North
      • Draftnik
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      Ninj.... is there a scenario where you would consider trading down, or are you not sold on the value later in the first/early second in comparison to the earlier first rounders @CB, and then Oline day two ??
      Absolutely there are scenarios. It would just depend on the offer and who was on the board.
      My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
      K9
      Nasir
      Tillery
      Parham
      Reed

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Absolutely there are scenarios. It would just depend on the offer and who was on the board.
        Say we're picking at #4 overall, and we barely miss Sewell. I might consider a trade down to about #10 overall or so, if there's a good chance there's a solid O-lineman or edge there...get an extra 2nd rounder, and in first 3 rounds use those 4 picks for O-line, edge, CB and a good coverage LB...or convert Adderley into a CB and get a solid FS...

Comment

• alex8080
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Say we're picking at #4 overall, and we barely miss Sewell. I might consider a trade down to about #10 overall or so, if there's a good chance there's a solid O-lineman or edge there...get an extra 2nd rounder, and in first 3 rounds use those 4 picks for O-line, edge, CB and a good coverage LB...or convert Adderley into a CB and get a solid FS...
          how is adderley playing at fs and would he convert well to strict cb?

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Its no secret i fall in love with players. Just watching most of what Bateman has on film i love this kid at WR. Like i loved Justin Jefferson...thats who i continue to think of when i watch him. I think he and Chase are close. He is like a diver that enters the water with no splash. Like a snake. Slithering and silent. Makes no sound when he catches the ball. Like a swish. Just fluid. Love it. This kid will always be open.

Pitts at TE. Some think he will have a Travis Kelce impact on a team that makes him a top priority in the pass game. A total mismatch nightmare. Nobody covers this guy. Pitts vs Derwin would be something else. Just to show off each others athleticism. He is a much better prospect than Fant was.

Some sort of trade back for another 2nd and i wont be so miffed if we dont spend a 1st on OL. Which im certain happens. Has to be OL. But its TT. And he likes his skill guys. And he likes to add after subtraction. And maybe Henry isnt brought back. Maybe supermel isnt brought back. Pass rush is a need. Maybe we let Hayward go. Save the cash. CB is a need. TE if Henry walks. WR if Williams isnt brought back in 22.

Micah Parsons is a guy i think you build a D around. I love him inside and Murray at weak. But Parsons can cover like a stud. Hes been compared to KJ Wright. SAM in Seattle. Probably a similar player to Wagner on the inside. Let Murray use his brain less and just play. Parsons is a good fit in this D with his ability to play all 3 spots for us.

Im trying hard not to let players outside of OL get me excited. But i have to spend some time there looking at the prizes. And some of these guys are monsters. Parsons. Pitts. Bateman.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              Its no secret i fall in love with players. Just watching most of what Bateman has on film i love this kid at WR. Like i loved Justin Jefferson...thats who i continue to think of when i watch him. I think he and Chase are close. He is like a diver that enters the water with no splash. Like a snake. Slithering and silent. Makes no sound when he catches the ball. Like a swish. Just fluid. Love it. This kid will always be open.

Pitts at TE. Some think he will have a Travis Kelce impact on a team that makes him a top priority in the pass game. A total mismatch nightmare. Nobody covers this guy. Pitts vs Derwin would be something else. Just to show off each others athleticism. He is a much better prospect than Fant was.

Some sort of trade back for another 2nd and i wont be so miffed if we dont spend a 1st on OL. Which im certain happens. Has to be OL. But its TT. And he likes his skill guys. And he likes to add after subtraction. And maybe Henry isnt brought back. Maybe supermel isnt brought back. Pass rush is a need. Maybe we let Hayward go. Save the cash. CB is a need. TE if Henry walks. WR if Williams isnt brought back in 22.

Micah Parsons is a guy i think you build a D around. I love him inside and Murray at weak. But Parsons can cover like a stud. Hes been compared to KJ Wright. SAM in Seattle. Probably a similar player to Wagner on the inside. Let Murray use his brain less and just play. Parsons is a good fit in this D with his ability to play all 3 spots for us.

Im trying hard not to let players outside of OL get me excited. But i have to spend some time there looking at the prizes. And some of these guys are monsters. Parsons. Pitts. Bateman.
              Chase or Parsons HAS to fall to us,
              should we select @ #6.

I drool over Farley.

There are options at Oline later.

For the next ten years, we have to outscore and/or defend Mahomes.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by alex8080 View Post

how is adderley playing at fs and would he convert well to strict cb?
                This has been my preference since observing this dude attempt to pursue and tackle from early on...no bueno.

I see a successor to Showcase.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

should we select @ #6.

I drool over Farley.

Its a bit high for any OL outside of Sewell. I think Humphrey is fine just inside 10. But at 6 its high. There is no Quenton Nelson legit top 5 OG. Leatherwood and Davis are studs but not if we are near top 5.

Chase is a really safe pick.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

Supamel, Hayward, Henry, Williams. There's not that many guys left to watch if you let them go.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

should we select @ #6.

I drool over Farley.

Later when? Late rounder? UDFA? Scrub from the street? That's how we got in this mess.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Every time i do a OTC mock i make sure to take Dazz Newsome with the 6th and Michael Carter with the 7th. Sure those guys climb off those projections. Dazz is a good little player.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Supamel, Hayward, Henry, Williams. There's not that many guys left to watch if you let them go.
                          Depends on what you want to see. I think HH will surely be back. Williams has a 5th year option so he should be back.

I'm hoping Hayward and Mel bring us 4th round comp picks.

Comment

Working...
                          X