• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

I remember a member writing that Pipkens got worked by some players in the East-West Shrine game.....he didn't like the pick.
    Cosmi & Little are much more advanced than where Pipkens was coming out.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
      LT Stone Forsythe (Florida) is a player that seems to have came out of nowhere. Ill admit i knew nothing of him...didnt see him in any draft boards, but some are saying he could go as high as the 2nd round.

From what ive gathered, his pass protection is outstanding but his run blocking is awful....and hes huge 6'8 320.
      Stone Forsythe, nice football name..."and he's huge 6'8 320".

I'm on board.

Stone Forsythe & Storm Norton:drool:

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I dont know why some think Little not playing is a negative. You dont forget how to play football but yes he did miss out on some reps and experience.

His knee shouldnt be a worry AT ALL while ive seen some mention it. Its been healing and rehabbed the whole time while some want to sign Eric Fisher who wont be even near a year from healing from his torn achilles.

Thats ok but we worry about Little's ACL?
        Experience counts IMO. That’s why I prefer 3-4 year starters from major schools. I don’t see Little getting more than emergency snaps this year.
        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
          I remember a member writing that Pipkens got worked by some players in the East-West Shrine game.....he didn't like the pick.
          Cosmi & Little are much more advanced than where Pipkens was coming out.
          Pipkens got worked by Jordan Brailford (Pick #253).

Comparing Pipkins to Cosmi & Little isn't really fair to Pipkens. Cosmi & Little are/were much more advanced. Pipkins was seen as a project. Pipkens has 2 more years to show.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Stone Forsythe, nice football name..."and he's huge 6'8 320".

I'm on board.

Stone Forsythe & Storm Norton:drool:
            I liked (a couple months ago) Forsythe as a late round project or even a UDFA. Now it appears as if he won't slip that far. He played LT last year, but his best work was @RT the year before. Length is his advantage. Balance is his weakness... but can move laterally IMO.

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Pipkens got worked by Jordan Brailford (Pick #253).

Comparing Pipkins to Cosmi & Little isn't really fair to Pipkens. Cosmi & Little are/were much more advanced. Pipkins was seen as a project. Pipkens has 2 more years to show.
              A raw project that was moldable into something great but would take time. Too bad it feels like we screwed that process up. I wish Campen was the OL coach in 2019 and that Pipkin got a full offseason with him instead of the Covid shortened one.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

They should be drafting 1st Rd pick as a player that will start as a rookie.

Then they should be drafting each prospect from Rd2-3 with the idea that by year two they are on the field as starter or subpackage players that are contributing to winning games and helping with a playoff run to the Superbowl.

And Rd4-7 that they are getting some playing time, even if it's just special team unit and contributing by year 2 to winning games and helping the team get to a Superbowl.

if they draft a kid and think he is project that hopefully develops and beings to be productive and contribute by year 3 or 4, then it's a terrible pick. And they should just sign that player as a UDFA if available and see what happens

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  They should be drafting 1st Rd pick as a player that will start as a rookie.

Then they should be drafting each prospect from Rd2-3 with the idea that by year two they are on the field as starter or subpackage players that are contributing to winning games and helping with a playoff run to the Superbowl.

And Rd4-7 that they are getting some playing time, even if it's just special team unit and contributing by year 2 to winning games and helping the team get to a Superbowl.

if they draft a kid and think he is project that hopefully develops and beings to be productive and contribute by year 3 or 4, then it's a terrible pick. And they should just sign that player as a UDFA if available and see what happens

Agreed. Staley said in his latest presser that he wants to be deep at DB. To me that says, he'll be looking for CB and safety in the 2nd and 3rd round. Then looking for CB/S depth a little later. Maybe a guy like St. Juste... who might be able to play both in the 4th...? I think Staley wants his safeties to be able to cover a 3rd or 4th receiver.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Experience counts IMO. That’s why I prefer 3-4 year starters from major schools. I don’t see Little getting more than emergency snaps this year.
                    Hmmm, i guess you dont want Sewell then. Played two seasons, missed last year, only 20 years old.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

BOLTS JEOPARDY

The answer is 1994-1997. What is the question?

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Hmmm, i guess you dont want Sewell then. Played two seasons, missed last year, only 20 years old.
                        Played 1-1/2 seasons, he missed the second half of his freshman campaign due to an ankle injury. Did return for the bowl game against Michigan State though, real snooze fest of a game that was.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

During those four years, the Chargers went from 1st to last in AFCW.

Comment

Working...
                          X