• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

If this is a metric added to athleticism, great film, ascending technique, and a nasty finisher to make an ideal prospect then why not grab in the 2nd/3rd round?
    Spencer Brown, DS #9 OT, Northern Iowa
    Name: Spencer Brown
    College: Northern Iowa Number: 76
    Height: 6-8 Weight: 311
    Position: OT Pos2:
    Class/Draft Year: rSr/2021

40 Low: 4.87
    40 Time: 4.94
    40 High: 5.00
    Projected Round: 4-5 Stock:
    Combine Results Pro Day Results
    Combine Invite: Yes
    Height: 6082
    Weight: 311

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
    40 Yard Dash (ET):

40 Yard Dash (HH):
    20 Yard (ET):
    20 Yard (HH):
    10 Yard (ET):
    10 Yard (HH):
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle:
    3-Cone Drill:
    Dates: 03/22/21
    Hand: 10 3/8 Arm: 34 3/4
    Wingspan: 82 5/8

Height: 6082
    40 Yrd Dash: 4.94
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.83
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.69
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 29
    Vertical Jump: 31 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'09"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.40
    3-Cone Drill: 6.96

40 Time Range: 4.92-4.95/Projected 4.93

If you want an OLT that is a 3+ year starter in the SEC with measurables, traits, team captain/leader and outstanding 2020 tape, on day 3 (he’ll go round 4-6) take....
    Dan Moore Jr., DS #20 OT, Texas AM
    Name: Dan Moore Jr.
    College: Texas AM Number: 65
    Height: 6-6 Weight: 311
    Position: OT Pos2: OG
    Class/Draft Year: Sr/2021

40 Low: 5.15
    40 Time: 5.21
    40 High: 5.28
    Projected Round: 7-HPFA Stock:
    Combine Results Pro Day Results
    Combine Invite: Yes
    Height: 6055

Zybek PD3X AKA "Official"
    40 Yard Dash (ET):

40 Yard Dash (HH):
    20 Yard (ET):
    20 Yard (HH):
    10 Yard (ET):
    10 Yard (HH):
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump:
    Broad Jump:
    20 Yrd Shuttle:
    3-Cone Drill:
    Dates: 03/30/21
    Hand: 10 1/4 Arm: 34 1/2
    Wingspan: 83 1/2

Height: 6055
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.21
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.91
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.84
    225 Lb. Bench Reps: 28
    Vertical Jump: 30 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'02"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.73
    3-Cone Drill: 7.56

40 Time Range: 5.19-5.23/Projected 5.36
    Yep, I saw these guys months ago. And I'd add Stone Forsythe to the list.

But... each one of them have issues that will need coaching and development. The most ready is Brown. But as you know his small school experience and work only at RT will be a big adjustment for him. I'd rather go less risky with a guy that has 3 years experience at left tackle from a conference that has NFL level pass rushers.

And yes, I watched Spencer Brown at the Senior Bowl.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
      QBs like Brees and Wilson were drafted lower because of lack of prototype build. Jackson was thought by some to need to change to a WR because of his style of play.
      Yup, good point.

And then there’s Kyler Murray who was drafted #1. This shows that, at the highest level, GMs are willing to make exceptions when presented with exceptional talent.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Christensen may have to move inside, but I think a team would be wise to first give him an opportunity to play the same position he played in college. And then move him if he struggled to widen the pass rusher because his arms were a bit shorter than ideal measurements.

Here is an interesting analysis
        It attempted to see if there was a statistically significant difference in performance based on arm length and it could not find any. And what was unexpected is it found that the performance actually went slightly down as the arm length increased.
        ​​​​​​
        ​​​​​https://www.pff.com/news/does-arm-length-affect-ot-play

And considering so many other things that can't be measured with with a measuring tape, like effort, awareness, technique, toughness, timing up the block, etc..... That may be why arm length does not have significant correlation to performance.

Guys like Jason Peters, Joe Staley, Joe Thomas all were in the 33 inch range.
        A player like Isaiah Wynn plays left tackle pretty well and he is not the typical prototype. 6'3 and 33 arms

I think 33 is enough especially if they have good feet and awareness and are quick off the snap with a good motor.

Clearly DJ Fluker 36.75 arms didn't help him become a quality tackle in the NFL.

Christensen, he is 32.25
        so .75 short of hitting that 33 mark. But I think it's a mistake to discount him and say he has to play guard. He is still 6'6 300.

Braden Smith has played right tackle for 3 seasons with Colts and he also has 32.25 arms. He is a pretty good player.

Just think the most important thing is can they play the position at a high level even if they are not prototype.

QBs like Brees and Wilson were drafted lower because of lack of prototype build. Jackson was thought by some to need to change to a WR because of his style of play.

Whatever the position, think what matters most is how well they played it and then give them the opportunity to play it in NFL before switching the position. And in drafting I would not put a prototype build above a player who played it better.

Listen, I used to fall for guys like Connor Williams and Forrest Lamp. Now I realize the GM's just don't give those guys much of a chance. There were some great college OT's that moved inside to OG. Braden Smith is one of the few that made it out of OG hell... but only because of injury necessity. And, of course, he was given a chance at RT, not LT. TT never tried Lamp at OT. So I don't see the point in investing any more time into lobbying for short-armed OT's. Christensen is well under the threshold. And quite honestly, didn't play against competition to write home about. He will get beat by NFL speed and length if put at LT. I was a huge proponent of Isaiah Wynn... but he has been a disappointment thus far. Just to be clear... I don't believe that 34+ inch arms instantly makes you great. I'm saying (whether I like it or not) that many GM's have a 34+" prerequisite for their LT's.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

33.75" for Joe Thomas.
          32.5"
          I know one place shows what you said but there are others that say otherwise.

I posted them in here, I think in this thread. But I'm not gonna dig them up again.

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

looking @Zierlein, would say these are the dozen off the board by 13....

QB Trevor, Fields, Zach, Mac, Trey Lance
            WR Ja'marr, Jaylen, Devonta
            TE Pitts
            OT Penei, Rashawn
            CB Horn

which leaves....

CB Surtain, Farley, Stokes
            LB Parsons, Owusu Koramorah, Zaven Collins
            RB Etienne, Najee, Javonte
            DT Christian Barmore
            DE Kwity Paye
            OLB Jayson Oweh
            OT Darrisaw, Teven Jenkins
            OG Vera Tucker
            WR Kadarius, Rashod Bateman

Telesco usually does what he says.... eye say we're drafting a LT.

only problem is that Jenkins is the safe pick, Darrisaw the risky option.

personally say we play it safe w/the most draft capital on the line in round one, then gamble @118 w/Josh Ball @LT, and....

speaking of anger management problems.... if we can draft Mr. Jerry Tillery.... we can draft Mr. Ball (JB to the you 'n eye)

and re: CB.... will cross me fingers that Stokes is still on board @47, and.... will volunteer a name for later that I don't hear so much.... Nate Hobbs.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              I apologize if I sound harsh, but to compare Cosmi with who Chargers rolled out @ LT is ludicrous.

Going to have to trade up for Slater, most definitely Sewell.

Have no issue trading up for those prospects.

Telesco is also going to have to pay franchise prices to extend either. I’m fine with that if Bezos is the new owner, but that is California dreaming.

Also did you guys miss, opportunity to leverage #13 into a franchise LT and CB? I’m outside the box. New around here, I get the hate, but I’ve been a Duck since 69 and Chargers fan since 73. So a little grain of salt in the wound. Quack Quack!
              It's all good friend.
              Just draft talk.
              I believe we are a little burnt as we get closer.
              Cosmi will reward patience in my view.
              Keep choppin' wood, TexanBeerlover.
              Keep the takes coming.
              ninja is the truth.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Listen, I used to fall for guys like Connor Williams and Forrest Lamp. Now I realize the GM's just don't give those guys much of a chance. There were some great college OT's that moved inside to OG. Braden Smith is one of the few that made it out of OG hell... but only because of injury necessity. And, of course, he was given a chance at RT, not LT. TT never tried Lamp at OT. So I don't see the point in investing any more time into lobbying for short-armed OT's. Christensen is well under the threshold. And quite honestly, didn't play against competition to write home about. He will get beat by NFL speed and length if put at LT. I was a huge proponent of Isaiah Wynn... but he has been a disappointment thus far. Just to be clear... I don't believe that 34+ inch arms instantly makes you great. I'm saying (whether I like it or not) that many GM's have a 34+" prerequisite for their LT's.
                I hear you.

I wasn't a Connor fan and it wasn't because of arm length.
                He lacked awareness.

I think it was a mistake for TT to say Lamp is a guard. I think should have put Lamp at tackle and see what happens. And think about this, he got hurt playing guard. Perhaps he avoids the injury if he was in his familiar position. I doubt Lamp was thinking I need to play guard in NFL, he held up great at LT vs Alabama defense which is part of why he was considered a top prospect. But seems like you right has to be at least 33 or they move you to guard.

None of Telesco o-line picks in all of his drafts have worked out for him long term. Not a single one. Will he whiff again?
                Feel like if he goes after Sewell-OT then hopefully he finally gets it right. But man, it's like if Telesco picks you then you won't be very good.

​​​​​
                Who has it better than us?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

TE Pitts
                  OT Penei, Rashawn
                  CB Horn

which leaves....

DT Christian Barmore
                  DE Kwity Paye
                  OLB Jayson Oweh
                  OG Vera Tucker

personally say we play it safe w/the most draft capital on the line in round one, then gamble @118 w/Josh Ball @LT, and....

speaking of anger management problems.... if we can draft Mr. Jerry Tillery.... we can draft Mr. Ball (JB to the you 'n eye)

and re: CB.... will cross me fingers that Stokes is still on board @47, and.... will volunteer a name for later that I don't hear so much.... Nate Hobbs.
                  UIL CB.
                  Good prospect with traits to develop. He has some technical issues in his transitions, pedal/plant, ball disruption timing, and press footwork. Tough, tenacious, and good mental processor. He’ll be a ST Ace while developing at CB.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

TE Pitts
                    OT Penei, Rashawn
                    CB Horn

which leaves....

DT Christian Barmore
                    DE Kwity Paye
                    OLB Jayson Oweh
                    OG Vera Tucker

I can easily see Slater or Sewell being available
                    as another CB takes their spot top 12
                    Parsons has a chance too
                    maybe a big surprise in Paye to Dallas
                    and I have a feeling Bengals agrees with DJ and sees Slater as the better fit for them over Sewell

I agree with the few here saying Sewell at 13 has a chance

wts, I’d like to secure him sooner rather than later
                    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

I hear you.

I wasn't a Connor fan and it wasn't because of arm length.
                      He lacked awareness.

I think it was a mistake for TT to say Lamp is a guard. I think should have put Lamp at tackle and see what happens. And think about this, he got hurt playing guard. Perhaps he avoids the injury if he was in his familiar position. I doubt Lamp was thinking I need to play guard in NFL, he held up great at LT vs Alabama defense which is part of why he was considered a top prospect. But seems like you right has to be at least 33 or they move you to guard.

None of Telesco o-line picks in all of his drafts have worked out for him long term. Not a single one. Will he whiff again?
                      Feel like if he goes after Sewell-OT then hopefully he finally gets it right. But man, it's like if Telesco picks you then you won't be very good.

​​​​​
                      Coaches coach
                      GMs manage, generally
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

UIL CB.
                        Good prospect with traits to develop. He has some technical issues in his transitions, pedal/plant, ball disruption timing, and press footwork. Tough, tenacious, and good mental processor. He’ll be a ST Ace while developing at CB.
                        don't know who UIL is, and.... hopin' other GMs are thinkin' like Posey and that Stokes drops like a rock, and all the way to round three for us.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2021/4/7/22370705/ranking-the-top-15-cornerbacks-in-the-nfl-draft
                        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

jftr.... am in full trade down mode, as think drafting a tackle anywhere over the first two days is a mistake (said the same thing 'bout Herbert btw).

would trade down, and trade down again, but not out of the first round and collect as many (high) day two picks as possible.

missed out on D'Andre Swift last year, and really think it's (Javonte) time....

Comment

Working...
                          X