• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

At :36 #11 Micah Parsons - Pass Rush Look at him set up this power step INSIDE the TE. He understands leverages, with improved hand-fighting, he could be terror at OLB.

Micah Parson's 40 time - 4.43 Absurd.

Melvin Ingram's 40 time - 4.79

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Awesome, this is where I come in and make the argument we hire Dave Toub as head coach and draft a LB in the Top Five.

I argue the Chargers aren't going to resign Melvin Ingram and will let him leave via free agency.

Let Micah Parsons replace SupaMel at OLB. The Chargers are now getting after the passer with 3 DL and Parsons at the OLB position. He's bigger than Mel, and faster, and can take on OGs.

That's 1A) Micah Parsons 1B) Draft back up into the 1st Round and select Walker Little at OT, and use the money saved on SupaMel's contract to sign FA Center Alex Mack. Sign a FA CB to one year or two year deal.

https://www.si.com/college/pennstate...sons-nfl-draft

Micah Parsons was a defensive end 'the best high school pass-rusher' he'd ever seen and the Nittany Lions moved Parsons from DE to LB.

Move him back to DE, but call him an OLB.
      Only red flag i see here is Alex Mack will be 35 tomorrow. How long a contract we want to give him? 1-2 years? I havent been paying attention to his play so i dont know if he has declined any. Whitworth is an older guy so it can happen.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Only red flag i see here is Alex Mack will be 35 tomorrow. How long a contract we want to give him? 1-2 years? I havent been paying attention to his play so i dont know if he has declined any. Whitworth is an older guy so it can happen.
        Banged the table hard to Mack when he initially became a FA
        id like to look for a guy to grow with JH
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

A short contract, I wanted to land C Creed Humphrey. We must address C & LT in this draft. It will come down to to Penei Sewell vs. Micah Parsons with partisans and stans on both sides.

BUT, when you can get OLB/DE Micah Parsons after the other teams QB, with Bosa on the other side, Tillery and Jones on the inside, and Kenneth Murray able to blitz from the LB position, while Derwin James, Kyzir and Perryman are defending off-the-ball, that's a pretty aggressive group.

OLB/DE Micah Parsons is a faster Brandon Graham.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Whitworth tore his MCL Sunday. He may be done. Don't know.

Let's see, maybe C Alex Mack pans out on a two year deal, like a C Matt Birk, would caught on with the Ravens to win a Super Bowl w/ the Ravens. Perhaps a Fourth Round pick ala C Nick Hardwick in 2004.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Banged the table hard to Mack when he initially became a FA
              id like to look for a guy to grow with JH
              Those were back in the old days, before 2020, when Dean refused to pay for OL talent. Did you know that before the selection of D.J. Fluker in 2013, the Chargers haven't selected a single OT in the 1st Round since 1985, and that was Jim Lachey and they immediately traded him to the Redskins? 1985 was their first year of ownership.

OT Jim Lachey 11 year career, 3 Pro Bowls, 3 Super Bowl rings

The Titans had three OT making $10 million last year.

The Raiders invested $50 million into their offensive line.

You must have an offensive line in order to have a seat at the table with the big boys. You also have to have a head coach, we have neither. But Dean is starting to spend on the offensive line, he needs to triple his resources to the offensive now, to protect the kid.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Future #2 QB Overall Pick in the 2021 NFL Draft being run down by Micah Parsons. 5:48

Justin Fields 40 time - 4.51

Patrick Mahomes 40 time - 4.8

Micah Parson's 40 time - 4.43 Absurd.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Talking scouting and projecting Micah Parson transitioning from a 4-3 Under player to a 3-4 Edge player in the NFL. The name Bronco's LB Von Miller comes up as comparison. Yes, please.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Those were back in the old days, before 2020, when Dean refused to pay for OL talent. Did you know that before the selection of D.J. Fluker in 2013, the Chargers haven't selected a single OT in the 1st Round since 1985, and that was Jim Lachey and they immediately traded him to the Redskins? 1985 was their first year of ownership.

OT Jim Lachey 11 year career, 3 Pro Bowls, 3 Super Bowl rings

The Titans had three OT making $10 million last year.

The Raiders invested $50 million into their offensive line.

You must have an offensive line in order to have a seat at the table with the big boys. You also have to have a head coach, we have neither. But Dean is starting to spend on the offensive line, he needs to triple his resources to the offensive now, to protect the kid.

100 percent.
                    I know I don’t have a good reason to believe this, but I really think the investments in Oline is going to happen.
                    I just have a hunch.

ive seen Creed mocked early second... what I wouldn’t trade to come away from the draft with both
                    Sewell and Creed
                    G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Micah Parsons - Micah models his game on Myles Garrett, Von Miller, & Khalil Mack and mixes all their styles.

SBNation Recruiting Player Projection: Steeler OLB James Harrison

Comment

• 21&500
                        Bolt Spit-Baller
                        • Sep 2018
                        • A Whale's Vajayjay
                        • CMB refugee
                        • Send PM

Talking scouting and projecting Micah Parson transitioning from a 4-3 Under player to a 3-4 Edge player in the NFL. The name Bronco's LB Von Miller comes up as comparison. Yes, please.
                        Parsons looks like the top defender period.
                        cant wait for offseason to really dive in
                        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

100 percent.
                          I know I don’t have a good reason to believe this, but I really think the investments in Oline is going to happen.
                          I just have a hunch.

ive seen Creed mocked early second... what I wouldn’t trade to come away from the draft with both
                          Sewell and Creed
                          IMO, I project OT Penei Sewell to Bengals OT Anthony Munoz. I compare OLB Micah Parsons to Steeler OLB James Harrison.

Comment

Working...
                          X