• Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
    You can overcome shorter arms.

You can't develop longer arms. Longer armed defenders will get first contact with you so you better be able to absorb and get your punch in.
    It's indisputable. I've watched tons of tape on Slater, AVT, Cosmi, and Jenkins... Most of them were my #13 choice at one time. But I noticed something in each one of those viewings... their heads get pushed back by longer armed pass rushers. And these "long-armed" pass rushers had just average college length arms. Longer armed NFL pass rushers will be a real problem for these OT's. I HATE THAT FACT. "I've loved shorter armed OT's over the years (Connor Williams, Forrest Lamp...) only to see them get drafted much later than expected... and always at OG. We'll never know if these guys can indeed play LT. Because NLF GM's believe in "Long-Arm Theory". It's just the way it is... no matter how much I love Slater, ATV, or Cosmi. Unless someone fucked up the arm measurements (over and over)... we're gonna see a lot of these guys at RT or OG.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Darrisaw's strengths are a mirror of Fluker's weaknessess. Darrisaw's weaknessess are a mirror of some of Fluker's strengths. Get over the past and evaluate the prospect for who he is.
      You're going to see the ghost of DJ Fluker here @ TPB. Paralysis by analysis. And the analysis (on this one topic) is not very good. You wouldn't believe who some of these guys compare to DJ Fluker... In complete honesty, it's often used when they want to scare you away from someone.. or towards their guy.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

Not even close. Darrisaw is a much smoother more fluid athlete. He didn't even allow a QB hit this year playing in the conference versus the deepest set of draftable pass rushers in the country .i don't see the comparison at all.
        But his superior run blocking acumen must make him a terrible pass blocker... right...? Isn't that the way it works...?

Comment

• Panamamike
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

But his superior run blocking acumen must make him a terrible pass blocker... right...? Isn't that the way it works...?
          I'm not sure how anybody could label someone a terrible pass blocker that did not allow even a quarterback hit this past season vs the best conference of pass rushers by far.

I forgot he's lazy... Two star prospect who started as a true freshman and has improved by leaps and bounds year over year.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

James Hudson new to the position.
            And although last year was an odd season because of pandemic. The man ranked
            #2 in lowest blown pass blocks per game
            #1 in most rush yards before contact per attempt to his gap

I would spend a mid rd pick on him if he is still on the board at #97, but that's a big if as I'm sure scouts know these numbers.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              And Waddle is the poster boy for
              you can't teach speed.

Put them tackles on the rack.
              Stretch them arms out.

Of course I am being figurative,
              not literal, about Fluker vs Darrisaw...I smell overdraft.
              Waddle is a poster boy... period. A lot of the poster boy Chiefs went silent in the SB when nobody could pass block long enough.

Pipkins was an overdraft. If you want to see overdrafts... watch the OT's that come off the board all around pick #47.
              If you pick #16 at #13... it's not nearly as bad as choosing #75 at #47.

At #47, I want to draft #40... to make up for the "overdraft" at #13. Staley will find some good DB's at #47... unless TT is convincing himself that a developing LT is going to keep JH safe.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Darrisaw's inconsistency remains the big problem.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post

It's funny how everybody slags on Fluker as if he was a complete bust, but he still is still a starting offensive guard in the NFL and a complete road grader in the run game. Keep in mind most thought he would be moved to guard in the pros. It's also not like that first round was littered with NFL stars. I think they hit rate on that first round was about 10%, many never saw a second contract or are out of the league now.
                  If he were a complete road grader he wouldn't be moving around to teams as he has.

I don't have a problem with Fluker but he has long arms and I use him as an example of having long arms isn't the #1 thing to being a good OT while others with shorter arms have done well.

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                    James Hudson new to the position.
                    And although last year was an odd season because of pandemic. The man ranked
                    #2 in lowest blown pass blocks per game
                    #1 in most rush yards before contact per attempt to his gap

I would spend a mid rd pick on him if he is still on the board at #97, but that's a big if as I'm sure scouts know these numbers.

RT James Hudson has 32 7/8' arms.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

My latest theory is that Wu-dai is a Russian bot programmed to sew seeds of discord in an otherwise harmonious Chargers fan base.

Can’t trick The Dude.
                      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Granted Darrisaw’s run blocking is better than his pass blocking.

BUT...

Being a great run blocker, in itself, helps pass blocking. It keeps the defense honest.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                          Darrisaw's inconsistency remains the big problem.
                          He does need to play with more consistency.

However his peaks are higher and way more frequent than his valleys.

Comment

Working...
                          X