• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    I'm 3 days into a 2 week Covid Quarantine....youngest has it. I can't spend everyday of the next two weeks leading up to the draft, talking about Darrisaw...in a year with a possible 5 QBs going top 10, the Chargers at #13 are likely to see a top 10 prospect...I think Darrisaw is a decent prospect, but not top 10 caliber, which is why I am not hot on picking him....but the Darrisaw fans think more highly of him...or at least I hope so, if they are gonna pick him at 13...I hope not just so they can check off the LT box....

Anyway, Darrisaw fans get their wish....he is a quality Blue Chip prospect...and now he is gone top 10.
    1. Jags- Trevor Lawrance
    2. Jets- Zach Wilson
    3. 49rs- Mac Jones
    4. ATL- Justine Fields
    5. Cincy- Penei Sewell
    6. Fins- Ja'marr Chase
    7. Lions- Kyle Pitts
    8. CAR- Christian Darrisaw
    9. Donks- Micah Parsons
    10. Boys- Rashawn Slater
    11. Giants- Patrick Surtain
    12. Philly- Joe Horn
    13. Bolts-???

There....no Slater, no Horn, no Darrisaw....now what do you do? I think there is gonna be a 5th QB....but what if there isn't? What if the top ten teams are done...and NE and Chicago and WFT don't blink? What if the usual suspects....top corners and tackles....are gone? Something new to argue about....

Caleb Farley....is his back really ok?
    AVT, JOK, Waddle, Moerig....all slam dunk picks...but none of these guys play LT or CB...can we find starters in the second and third, affording us to pick one of these guys?
    Tevin Jenkins....can he play on the left side?
    Phillips, Ojulari...pass rush could be sick...very tempting.
    Cosmi, Little, Brown, Radunz....etc., etc.,.....do we get desperate and reach for need?

No trade back, TBP.....who you got?
    Someone might want Lance if he falls to 13. So there’s a possibility of a trade down. Otherwise take the best remaining LT or Farley. According to Peter King, he should be ready for training camp.

7. CALEB FARLEY. The most interesting of the 150 draft-prospect medical rechecks—Farley is a Round 1-graded cornerback from Virginia Tech—had a good day in Indianapolis on Friday. After undergoing a microdiscectomy (removing a damaged section of a herniated disc) in his back March 23 in Los Angeles, Farley told me Saturday that after imaging and a thorough physical and back exam in Indianapolis, he’s been cleared by NFL docs for the 2021 season.

Farley was told he’d need four months of rehab and recovery after the surgery, and that was the timetable the NFL medics saw over the weekend. “I got a lot of positive feedback from the NFL doctors,” Farley said. “The NFL doctors confirmed I would be ready for the season, and they told me this is definitely not a chronic thing.”

Four months from the date of the surgery is July 23. Most NFL camps open July 27. So Farley, the top corner on some boards before his surgery, should be ready to go at the start of camp, per doctors. “I plan to be the best cornerback of my generation,” he said. “I just can’t wait to get back in the pads again.” Expect him to be a first-round corner, still.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
      Would you trade a 3 this year or 2 next year to go get Sewell?
      Since we have two 3rds this year. A 3rd!!!

Comment

• GetBolted
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Mar 2021
        • Butler, PA
        • Send PM

Tackles punch with the heel of their palms, is that correct? If we measure arm length from the fingertips in, the measurable's use is questionable in relating to a players prospect for success. I would think technique plays a fundamental role as well, Anyway, that just a thought....Go Bolts!

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
          Farley if his medicals cleared, Little if not.
          With all the QB needy teams and limited supply of QBs, can’t imagine they wouldn’t be lining up submit a trade offer for Lance. There’d be interest. But for the sake of the exercise, I’d take Farley, AVT, or Jenkins.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

With all the QB needy teams and limited supply of QBs, can’t imagine they wouldn’t be lining up submit a trade offer for Lance. There’d be interest. But for the sake of the exercise, I’d take Farley, AVT, or Jenkins.
            If we take AVT, do we plug him in at LG or RG? I know Steeler fans liked Feiler more at RT than at LG so maybe we have him play RG and AVT at LG?

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Yeah it didn’t matter at all when he was dialed in and cared.
              The prime Mike Tyson fought a level of competition about 3 - 4 steps below a prime Lennox Lewis.

I don't think that Mike Tyson would have had more than a punchers chance against Lewis at his best.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Farley would be my clear choice #13 if these events(picks) transpired. Looks like a really clean player with medical out of the way, very coachable for Staley to mold and use in the manner similar to Ramsey.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

If we take AVT, do we plug him in at LG or RG? I know Steeler fans liked Feiler more at RT than at LG so maybe we have him play RG and AVT at LG?
                  AVT would compete with Aboushi for RG and maybe also with whoever we draft in R2 (hopefully a trade up for Little, Brown, or Radunz) to play LT.

If we end up signing a 1 year rental with a vet to play LT, then AVT plays RG.

We’re not moving Feiler to RT unless we have to. And Feiler’s damn well not playing LT. Anyone who thinks that’s a real possibility is a fool.

*edit* Or we can just draft Lance at #13 and start running the triple option.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2021
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

AVT would compete with Aboushi for RG and maybe also with whoever we draft in R2 (hopefully a trade up for Little, Brown, or Radunz) to play LT.

If we end up signing a 1 year rental with a vet to play LT, then AVT plays RG.

We’re not moving Feiler to RT unless we have to. And Feiler’s damn well not playing LT. Anyone who thinks that’s a real possibility is a fool.

*edit* Or we can just draft Lance at #13 and start running the triple option.
                    Think we need to start a thread for pick #47

Just noticed that New England is picking #46 man I really hate that, can’t say why, just really makes me uneasy.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Just noticed that New England is picking #46 man I really hate that, can’t say why, just really makes me uneasy.
                      It could well be that trading spots in round two ends up being part of the bounty for us giving NE Lance in round one. Lance behind Cam might suit them well. Belichick intimated something likes this recently.
                      Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

The tiger (not a lion) and face tattoo are legendary all by themselves. Add that he was the baddest man in the world for a period of time and it indeed is a story of greatness.
                        oh yeah, it was a tiger lol. Loved him in The hangover. I actually feel sympathy for him, one of the most public personal and professional implosions in our lifetime.

The face tattoo is only legendary as being the dumbest thing in his string of stupid decisions. He was a dumb man, his lack of intelligence seems to directly link to all of his epic failures across the board. You need to be pretty stupid to bite an ear off to try to avoid losing a boxing match
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

It’s a good thing Belichick is the smartest coach in football, cuz he’s sucks at the draft. It’s probably a good thing to pick behind NE—it ensures that we won’t pick the bust that Belichik does.

Comment

Working...
                          X