• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'm assuming that you think Joey is pretty good (7.5 sacks last year). 29 other pass rushers (excluding Jamaal Adams and Devin White as they are blitzins safety and MLB) had 7.5 sacks+. 21 of those 30 have 33 1/4" arms or better. 14 of those 21 have 34+ inch arms. 4 have 35+ inch arms.

That's 21 pass rushers that have longer arms than Slater, AVT, Cosmi, Jenkins, Eichenberg, Carman, Christensen, and Mayfield. There are no NFL LT's with 33' arms...

Joey played 12 games last year and is top five as a pass rush efficiency in the league.

​​​​​​

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I read the mocks myself and I know what they are saying about him, but I've watched everything I could find on him and I came away impressed. I'm sure you must have noticed in years gone by that the writers are often wrong.

If I felt certain he'd be there at 47, I'd simply take AVT in the first and take Little in the second - and Herbert would love it.
      If his knee is good, he won't be there. If his knee isn't good, why bother...?
      NFL doctors will take a real good look at that knee. It's been a year and a half... there should be solid answers by now.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

4. Jenkins. RT-only. His comments suggests that he knows this. Bears need a RT. BTW, his arms are 32 7/8 (not 33 1/2). He'll be the only sub-33 inch armed tackle in football (I think).
        Where did you see this? I’ve seen multiple sources and they all say 33 1/2”.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Joey played 12 games last year and is top five as a pass rush efficiency in the league.

​​​​​​
          Question still remains "Is 7.5 sacks good enough...?" Name the cut-off number and I'll re-calculate. The ratio will be roughly the same though (67%)...

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            Where did you see this? I’ve seen multiple sources and they all say 33 1/2”.
            Several places...

View the profile of Chicago Bears Offensive Tackle Teven Jenkins on ESPN. Get the latest news, live stats and game highlights.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Question still remains "Is 7.5 sacks good enough...?" Name the cut-off number and I'll re-calculate. The ratio will be roughly the same though (67%)...
              Good enough for what? What's the point? Isn't this an arm length topic?

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

One factor that should be considered is that Bosa had "Not-so-Supa" Mel on the other Edge...Ingram and his ZERO sacks...all...year...long...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

We're talking cut-off points also...

Is over/under 7.5 sacks the difference between a Sacker and a Slacker?
                  Is over/under 33" the difference between a T-Rex and an ElastoTackle?
                  While we're at it...
                  Is over/under 3 picks the difference between a Shutdown Corner and the Toast of the Town?

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

ESPN is incorrect with his H/W so what makes you think they would get any of it correct?
                    Didnt see any prospect metrics/measurables on the packers link.

33.5” in arm length for Teven.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                      Draftnik
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

ESPN is incorrect with his H/W so what makes you think they would get any of it correct?

That’s what was reported immediately after his pro day. Jeez, the actual combine is so much better for data. Hope we never have those wonky pro day combines ever again.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

33.5 it is then. Still goes to the Bears as a RT. Or if they think Ifedi (1-year, 5 mil) is the future RT, then Jenkins to RG.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                          Draftnik
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

33.5 it is then. Still goes to the Bears as a RT. Or if they think Ifedi (1-year, 5 mil) is the future RT, then Jenkins to RG.
                          I see him going to the Raiders, unfortunately. They need a RT + Mark Davis loves 2 things: speed and nasty. He went speed last year.

Comment

Working...
                          X