• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Peter King in his monday column thinks the panthers might want more draft picks. It is going to be interesting what happens. I still think the Chargets will have options at CB or a LT like Darrisaw at 13

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Nice work. My question is the F grade for what the Chargers gave up to move to #4 or what Atlanta got in return? Because I would make that move in a heartbeat if that’s all it cost.
      I know, right? Maybe they are giving Atlanta the F, lol...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• bman6555
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
        The closer we get to draft day, the less confident I feel that we'll get the player we want in that spot. And by "player we want" I'm assuming a top OT or CB.

Penei Sewell, Rashawn Slater, Christian Darrisaw, Patrick Surtain II, Caleb Farley, Jaycee Horn

I just don't think ANY of these guys will be there at 13. Maybe Darrisaw (which means the pick is just the leftovers of the top bunch). And if that's the case, what next? Would we have to trade down and grab some more picks and then target the next level guys?
        We're picking 13th, so if those 6 are off the board, add 4qbs, Pitts, and Chase would be everyone that would be gone by our pick. We'd have a choice of Smith/Waddle at WR, trading down to someone who wants QB#5, or taking an LB like Parsons, there are plenty of good options.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

IMV the Charger trade up rumors should center around Detroit @#7.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• Bolt Dude
              Draftnik
              • Oct 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...I don't mean to be a amart ass, but with regards to arm length and your very own list, arm length trends shorter for the early prospects, longer for the later picks...ironic.

As far as draft order, your list is pretty spot on, save maybe for Ball, but who knows...interesting sleeper pick.
              Yup. I’m not as hardcore about arm length as Nutty, but it’s an interesting situation...The OTs with prototypical body types are the Sammy’s in this draft. They need development. They’re tempting to reach for and, in some respects, may have higher ceilings, but taking them would require a stopgap, and I don’t see viable options. I see Slater as a Kyler Murray-like exception to the rule this year in terms of bucking the trends on size. His quickness, technique, balance, and aggressiveness will make up for his physical limitations. I do worry about his anchor, but he seems to use leverage well.
              Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MagicMamba88 View Post
                Sounds like we are out of the mix
                for OBJ, too.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Sounds like we are out of the mix
                  for OBJ, too.
                  Any trade that involves Orlando Brown has two aspects
                  draft compensation
                  extending his contract - he has been a RT who wants to be paid LT. That will be a lot of money and how much better is he than some prospects in this draft.

I just think at this point - take Darrisaw - have him on the first round contract for four years + option 5th year. Or trade back and maybe get a guy like Tucker or Jenkins towards the latter teens or maybe even Little. I still want more draft capital - not less.

Comment

• Parcells
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Nice work. My question is the F grade for what the Chargers gave up to move to #4 or what Atlanta got in return? Because I would make that move in a heartbeat if that’s all it cost.
                    #13, # 47, and next year's #1 is a steep price.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                      Pretty much retired......
                      • Sep 2018
                      • JoJa
                      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Yeah.....i didn't catch that.....thanks. No way I make that deal and if we do there is no way the Falcon's got the "F".

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

I think that is a lot of draft capital to give up.
                        I don't trust Telesco in his evaluation of players targeting to trade up AND his ability to pick OL
                        just stay at 13 -- hopefully Darrisaw is there and take him

Comment

• eaterfan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by bman6555 View Post

We're picking 13th, so if those 6 are off the board, add 4qbs, Pitts, and Chase would be everyone that would be gone by our pick. We'd have a choice of Smith/Waddle at WR, trading down to someone who wants QB#5, or taking an LB like Parsons, there are plenty of good options.
                          I think we're all subjecting ourselves to a little group think. These players are all pretty close talent wise and with no combine and no tape on several of these guys, teams are going to have wildly differing views on a lot of these players.

I am willing to bet at least 1 and probably 2-3 of our favorite targets will be there at 13. There will be guys who we think won't be going until 15-25 who a GM in front of us likes enough to pick. Maybe someone thinks Barmore is the next Donald and there's only one good DT in the draft. Maybe someone loves Phillips or Rousseau. Is Bateman a top 3 WR? A team might like Newsome better than Farely or Horn. Every year we think certain things are locks but every year there's a surprise pick or two in the top 15. It could even be us.

Comment

Working...
                          X