Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Don’t forget Wyatt Davis
      Positional value be dammed
      We end up turning this thing around, and pick in the teens...that guy is on my radar big time. Once you get outside the top 10 picks, I don't see a huge drop off with OTs and Edge players from the middle first to the middle second round...so why not grab a stud IOL? Of course, still a lot of college ball left, plus the bowls, senior bowl, combine...things can change...

But I do have my eye on Davis...
      The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Herbert is killing it....Burrows was too before he went down...Tua is mixed, but if he turns it around, there are gonna be a lot of QB hungry teams looking at those guys, and thinking they can get one too...I have been kinda reserved with this opinion, but I'm gonna throw it out there...we could easily see 5 QBs go in the top 15...and I would argue that if the top 5 nail the process...we are looking at an unprecedented 5 QBs in the top 10. (Well...at least I think it's unprecedented...I welcome fact checkers...)

Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Lance...and BYU's Wilson is shooting up boards. Maybe Lance or Wilson return...but Newman, Ehlinger, and Mond got the Senior Bowl to show out (Actually, don't know if they will let Newman play or not...but he is a Senior)

But if those 5 come out, and again, nail the process...and we are picking top 10? We are either gonna get a damn good player, or a damn good trade package...cuz there are a ton of QB needy teams, and a big class of seemingly quality QBs.
        Last edited by Lone Bolt; 11-24-2020, 07:41 PM.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• 21&500
          Bolt Spit-Baller
          • Sep 2018
          • A Whale's Vajayjay
          • CMB refugee
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

We end up turning this thing around, and pick in the teens...that guy is on my radar big time. Once you get outside the top 10 picks, I don't see a huge drop off with OTs and Edge players from the middle first to the middle second round...so why not grab a stud IOL? Of course, still a lot of college ball left, plus the bowls, senior bowl, combine...things can change...

But I do have my eye on Davis...
          Absolutely.
          would go a long way in helping Feeney too.
          G-Ro knows.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            Herbert is killing it....Burrows was too before he went down...Tua is mixed, but if her turns it around, there are gonna be a lot of QB hungry teams looking at those guys, and thinking they can get one too...I have been kinda reserved with this opinion, but I'm gonna throw it out there...we could easily see 5 QBs go in the top 15...and I would argue that if the top 5 nail the process...we are looking at an unprecedented 5 QBs in the top 10. (Well...at least I think it's unprecedented...I welcome fact checkers...)

Lawrence, Fields, Trask, Lance...and BYU's Wilson is shooting up boards. Maybe Lance or Wilson return...but Newman, Ehlinger, and Mond got the Senior Bowl to show out(Actually, don't know if they will let Newman play or not...but he is a Senior)

But if those 5 come out, and again, nail the process...and we are picking top 10? We are either gonna get a damn good player, or a damn good trade package...cuz there are a ton of QB needy teams, and a big class of seemingly quality QBs.
            Was think the same thing!
            I don’t see how seeing these three QBs (at least 2) doesn’t influence GMs/owners to select QBs early
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

Originally posted by eaterfan View Post
              Not sure why everyone is writing us off for Sewell so early.

After this week we'll be in great position again:

Washington plays Dallas, so we're going to move up at least one spot. Several other games put us in good position to move up (or at least give us some room to not move down, even with another win). Detroit and Houston have 4 and 3 wins, so we gain cushion either way. NYG play Cin so we either jump Cincy or put some cushion between us and the Giants. Minnesota plays Carolina giving us a cushion on one of the teams with 4 wins, well.

Week 13 it's important we lose to the Pats because not many other teams have win opportunities

Week 14: Dallas @ Cincy (someone will have to win or tie), Denver @ Carolina, and we have to lose to ATL

Week 16: Cincy @ Houston

Week 17: NFC east plays each other.

We will have to continue to play like garbage because we have some winnable games, but if we stay in the 4 win range, I think we will be in position to get Sewell unless Cincy totally sucks. I think the 5-6 win range still nets us a top 7 pick.
              Its because the Bengals have Finley as their QB, and he is by far the worst QB starting of all the bad teams. I can't see them winning another game.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Absolutely.
                would go a long way in helping Feeney too.
                So we’re sticking with the ever-failed Feeney experiment again next year? Double up and fail another Lamp year too? Those guys have never measured up, they are long past their expiration. Move them to backups, get real linemen.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

So we’re sticking with the ever-failed Feeney experiment again next year? Double up and fail another Lamp year too? Those guys have never measured up, they are long past their expiration. Move them to backups, get real linemen.
                  Don’t disagree but apparently Feeney at Center is the long term plan according to someone (think it was popper).
                  Feeney would make for nice depth at C and possibly start at G (experience at C helps)
                  of course that all possibly changes once we get a different coach in here.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Actually, Lamp is finally playing fairly well...Feeney, not so much--dude seems to get rag-dolled a lot...

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Derwin James has the potential to be the "Junior Seau" of the secondary, and a leader on defense, if he's healthy next year and not a glass bulb. If he's healthy next year, than he sure was a good TT pick. The guy has injury issues so far. TT's picks were on the defensive side of the ball last year, time to try again on the offensive side of the ball. Herbert deserves it.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Derwin James has the potential to be the "Junior Seau" of the secondary, and a leader on defense, if he's healthy next year and not a glass bulb. If he's healthy next year, than he sure was a good TT pick. The guy has injury issues so far. TT's picks were on the defensive side of the ball last year, time to try again on the offensive side of the ball. Herbert deserves it.
                        That's a mighty big "if"...

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

The biggest flaw in the defense is the secondary, whether coached poorly or not and missing James and having Hayward a step slow. Breakdowns in the secondary this season have led to most of the 4th quarter losses this year. TT will pin his hopes on Derwin James and replacing Hayward next year. Drafting a top 10 O-lineman at #1. Yes, Lamp was a #2 and is now just coming on. The Chargers should pair him with a #1 pick at O-lineman. Also, draft another O-lineman with their 3rd. Get a DB at #2. It's time to draft for the future and not jazz in the present.

Comment

Working...
                          X