• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

not gonna be surprised if Penei went No. 2 overall right behind Trevor.... there's @least a coupla few risk factors for Jax w/Fields.

how far does he fall if he doesn't go to Jax ?? all the way to the Motor City w/new HC Anthony Ray Lynn ?? !!

and does that take the both of Rousseau and Parsons off the board before we pick ??

trade down anyone.... ??
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

New idea.

Brugler posted his early mock yesterday.

What if Detroit at #9, with a new regime, decides to start over by jettisoning Stafford and getting a brand new QB ?

Well, Brugler has Trey Lance and Zack Wilson going after us at #5, but before Detroit at #9.

Detroit has only five picks.

Several intriguing OL prospects would slot well for us at #9, as well as several more with two second round picks.

Detroit would beat Carolina/Washington to the punch for their QB of the future.

This is a perfect trade down scenario for us.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        New idea.

Brugler posted his early mock yesterday.

What if Detroit at #9, with a new regime, decides to start over by jettisoning Stafford and getting a brand new QB ?

Well, Brugler has Trey Lance and Zack Wilson going after us at #5, but before Detroit at #9.

Detroit has only five picks.

Several intriguing OL prospects would slot well for us at #9, as well as several more with two second round picks.

Detroit would beat Carolina/Washington to the punch for their QB of the future.

This is a perfect trade down scenario for us.
        You and I differ here...outside of Penei, I dont see any top 10 olinemen....thats not to say there aren't good options for us later...but top 10 is reaching for me.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

You and I differ here...outside of Penei, I dont see any top 10 olinemen....thats not to say there aren't good options for us later...but top 10 is reaching for me.
          I am not trading down if Penei is on the board (based on what I have read and heard about him)

The problem is Detroit may not have the draft capital to move up - but I like the idea of trading with a team with draft capital if they want a QB.

And I am good trading back getting more picks - and taking Cosmi or Wyatt Davis a little bit lower. Granted, I don't want to reach for a Cosmi if he is your 15th ranked player picking 9th - but if you drop to 12 (don't know the team but just using a slot) and Cosmi or Davis is 14 on your board - thats workable for me, My goals are still OL - EDGE/CB - OL and CB/EDGE with those first three rounds.

As with a lower salary cap - having another draft pick or two in rounds 3-5 will be beneficial.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

If Sewell is gone, we would have to weigh Parsons vs other options...self evident.

Our rd5 + one of our rd6's would be useful.

​Detroit would get their QB at #5.
            They would restock total number of selections.

We would end up with say Wyatt Davis or Samuel Cosmi at #9.
            Two rd2's could bring an Olineman who falls and a pass rusher. Rd3's would be for DB and maybe RB.

Then we have 4-6-7 to build depth.

It's a clean heist, and accounts for our PONs + how this Big Board shakes out at this juncture.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Tony Pauline at Pro Football Network said two hours that
              Ja'Marr Chase to CIN @#3
              and Patrick Surtain II to DAL @#4 a​​re no brainers.

Penei come on down to LA,
              Herb's been waitin' for you.

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

If Sewell is gone, we would have to weigh Parsons vs other options...self evident.

Our rd5 + one of our rd6's would be useful.

​Detroit would get their QB at #5.
                They would restock total number of selections.

We would end up with say Wyatt Davis or Samuel Cosmi at #9.
                Two rd2's could bring an Olineman who falls and a pass rusher. Rd3's would be for DB and maybe RB.

Then we have 4-6-7 to build depth.

It's a clean heist, and accounts for our PONs + how this Big Board shakes out at this juncture.
                If Sewell is off the board, I like the idea of trading down for another pick...but I wouldn't be surprised if TT picks Eichenberg instead of Cosmi...u know how he loves those Golden Domers...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Tony Pauline at Pro Football Network said two hours that
                  Ja'Marr Chase to CIN @#3
                  and Patrick Surtain II to DAL @#4 a​​re no brainers.

Penei come on down to LA,
                  Herb's been waitin' for you.
                  So the Bengals would be thinking that Burrows needs weapons more than an OL plus AJ Green is not going to be back. Chase would be opposite Tee Higgins. Based on experience watching the Chargers and their own history - Anthony Munoz, LT, no brainer.

Cowboys - now they might pass on Sewell for Surtain - that probably happens

Chargers might have a chance

Comment

• jubei
                    Vagabond Ninja
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

In what world is Perryman going to be too expensive ?

BTW y'all are sleeping on Kwity Paye...and the comp is Melvin Ingram besides.

I offer my ironclad guarantee that there will be OL rounds 2 & 3.

We need Campen specials, eg Radunz/Vera-Tucker, not pick of the litter.

The trick will be finding a midround IOL that is not a Toy Bulldog.
                    IMO a melvin ingram comp is not someone to be picked in the 1st at our slot. but I agree with your last statement about toy bulldogs.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                      • Feb 2019
                      • McLean Illinois
                      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

So the Bengals would be thinking that Burrows needs weapons more than an OL plus AJ Green is not going to be back. Chase would be opposite Tee Higgins. Based on experience watching the Chargers and their own history - Anthony Munoz, LT, no brainer.

Cowboys - now they might pass on Sewell for Surtain - that probably happens

Chargers might have a chance
                      We keep assuming Bengals are gonna stand pat...that is a team that I think will be looking hard at moving back this time around...they are a favorite im my mind for a QB needy team to make a deal with...that could help us big time in the quest for Sewell...
                      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

We keep assuming Bengals are gonna stand pat...that is a team that I think will be looking hard at moving back this time around...they are a favorite im my mind for a QB needy team to make a deal with...that could help us big time in the quest for Sewell...
                        And TT might be willing to move up for Sewell...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

And TT might be willing to move up for Sewell...
                          TT won't be making the call - thats my prediction

Not sure how good Sewell is but if he is a franchise LT - thats worth a helluva lot!

Comment

Working...
                          X