• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Telesco choice should be an easy one, just ask your franchise QB who he wants as his Left Tackle.

There you have your answer.

Now go get him.

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I value JH10 more than that.
      just don't have Sewell in the same "can't live without" category that the some of you seem to have him in.... was much more smitten by the likes of Ramczyk and Wirfs (know you didn't particularly care for him) of late, and....

much prefer zeroing in on Trey Smith and hoping for the likes of Josh Myers and/or Ball.

and haven't watched the film you have, but recall defenders getting their hands in on Penei and pushing him back into the QB ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Ravens have been very good about the compensatory pick strategy. Its why they have not signed any free agents that will offset them getting I believe 3rd and 4th rounders next spring - until next Tuesday.

Playing the comp pick game just to play it - not smart. You have to sign the better free agent if the dollars are reasonable. Same with trading down - activity for activity doesn't mean squat

I guess with Telesco he really has never traded down - only up with minimal success. I guess Gordon was moderate and Murray is tbd. And he doesn't play the comp game - one of the bottom of the league.

At best he is an average GM to me so taking away more picks in the hopes he nails Sewell - I think is the wrong strategy for Telesco. I want him to work harder actually and dig deeper into prospects
        I agree

just not impressed with the way he has tried to build the Chargers.

hes not clever and doesn't have any type of vision on what he wants to do.

Comment

• like54ninjas
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Oct 2017
          • Great White North
          • Draftnik
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

At the top of my round two clusta.
          Yes.
          Would doubling up at OT be a bad idea if standing out at #13 and #47. Then doubling up at DB #77 and #97?

#13 - TEVEN JENKINS
          #47 - WALKER LITTLE
          #77 - IFEATU MELIFONWU
          #97 - JAMAR JOHNSON

- Jenkins slides to ORT if Bulaga gets inured.

LITTLE — FEILER — LINSLEY — JENKINS — BULAGA

-
          Secondary would look solid and could still add another prospect on day 3.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
          K9
          Nasir
          Tillery
          Parham
          Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
            If I were using that strategy I’d go Darrisaw at #13 and Spencer Brown later.

One guy who’s (supposedly) NFL ready. The other’s raw, but dripping with desired traits.

There’s an art to the double dip.
            if Brown goes off the board day two, think he's over drafted.... every year there's a media darling that gets pushed up pundits boards, and just never really ends up meeting expectations.

if we can get past Josh Ball's character flaws, would much prefer to take my chances there.
            5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• equivocation
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2021
              • Send PM

Is there actually a history of teams cutting starting tackles after the draft?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I really hope he nails the LT in the draft, but I gotta give him credit for addressing the IOL, which IMV was more problematic than the tackles (although it was all terrible).

I feel like I’m all pre-drafted out. Rarely is anything said that hasn’t already been hashed and rehashed. Thinking of inducing an 8 day coma.
                Yep, the pre draft talk is played out. I'm just seeing the same ol posts repeated lol.

Time for this draft to get going.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Which teams have done this with sustained success?
                  am guessing you have looked into this more than eye, and.... recall looking at a draft not long ago to see who had the best hauls, and save for Tennessee.... they all had one thing in common.... @least a coupla few more picks than the allotted 7, and....

compare that to a team Tommy John that has come out of the draft w/but six if not just 5 picks a time or coupla few.... def not a recipe for success, as can't name one trade up (of their's) that I would deem a solid.

​​​​​

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

just don't have Sewell in the same "can't live without" category that the some of you seem to have him in.... was much more smitten by the likes of Ramczyk and Wirfs (know you didn't particularly care for him) of late, and....

much prefer zeroing in on Trey Smith and hoping for the likes of Josh Myers and/or Ball.

and haven't watched the film you have, but recall defenders getting their hands in on Penei and pushing him back into the QB ??
                    WTF are you gonna do with Myers? Don't tell me he can just play guard...we got our OC for the foreseeable future...Myers will likely be a day 2 pick, a waste for just depth. Trey Smith is a blood clot away from a derailed career. Like Ball as a developmental guy. Did you see how much weight Collins put on? He is gonna turn into an Edge guy only...don't see him playing off ball at 270+....

Nothing like some contrary, outside the box picks from the Beachcomber....keep em' coming, bro.:beer:
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

Teams can cut a player before FA and designate him a June 1 cut. No one was cut after the draft last year. We'd have to wait until the final round of cuts to pick up an OT if he isn't already a FA.

Seems more like a leprechaun chase or a snipe hunt than a strategy.

Comment

• eaterfan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Would doubling up at OT be a bad idea if standing out at #13 and #47. Then doubling up at DB #77 and #97?

#13 - TEVEN JENKINS
                        #47 - WALKER LITTLE
                        #77 - IFEATU MELIFONWU
                        #97 - JAMAR JOHNSON

- Jenkins slides to ORT if Bulaga gets inured.

LITTLE — FEILER — LINSLEY — JENKINS — BULAGA

-
                        Secondary would look solid and could still add another prospect on day 3.
                        I have no problem going T, T, DB, DB. I think the Chargers should probably take 3 OL and 3-4 DBs in this draft. And probably 1 or 2 of each again next year.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Just going by roster composition we should be avergaing 1.5 OL and 2 DB a year in the long term. That's half the draft but half the starters.

Comment

Working...
                          X