• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

hold your horses cowpokes.... it costs $$$ to have the option to trade on the Draft Network mock draft simulator, and.... I ain't payin', and so.... couldn't execute a trade down on their site, so drafted Trey Lance as a placeholder, but.... what I woulda done if I coulda was to trade down w/Jax and then draft the all of Trey Smith, Daniel Faalele and Deonte Brown, along w/my other pick of Tyler Shelvin.

comprendo ?? capiche ??
    I get that, but there wasn't any player at 5 you could have taken besides the quarterback? I'm just saying, I'm not a huge fan of draft simulators., they are just something to pass time when you're bored

Comment

• dmac_bolt
      Day Tripper
      • May 2019
      • North of the Lagoon
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Telesco was the guy to guide the Chargers to Los Angeles. Purpose served. Dean has everything ever he wanted: a billion-dollar stadium in Southern California.

Time to build a real football team. I want Telesco blown out because he could not win the AFC West division in 8 tries and Anthony Lynn blown out because he has not won a game against an AFC West game since 2018. I want John Dorsey named as GM. A football man. Fuck John Spanos' feelings.
      Dean got a billon dollar stadium for free. Good deal for an asset-rich cash-poor faux billionaire. That palace looks mighty sweet on my big screen.

Johnny should find a philanthropic hobby.
      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We will win with flair.

J'marr/Najee 1-2.

:stirpot:
        I was watching Najee Harris highlights. He's 6'2" and 230. Jesus Christ, Mike Ditka was 6' 3" 227 in his playing days. Iron Mike didn't have 4.45 speed neither. Iron Najee.

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I get that, but there wasn't any player at 5 you could have taken besides the quarterback? I'm just saying, I'm not a huge fan of draft simulators., they are just something to pass time when you're bored
          doesn't matter who I picked there.... wasn't gonna make him a Charger.... was gonna trade down.

in fact, 'tis usually better to take someone eye don't want, in that eye can see where players I do want will land.... in theory.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Dean got a billon dollar stadium for free. Good deal for an asset-rich cash-poor faux billionaire. That palace looks mighty sweet on my big screen.

Good advice
            Realistic way to redeem the family legacy
            at least the prevailing narrative
            G-Ro knows.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

doesn't matter who I picked there.... wasn't gonna make him a Charger.... was gonna trade down.

in fact, 'tis usually better to take someone eye don't want, in that eye can see where players I do want will land.... in theory.
              A player you do want would land at 5 if you just pick him. I don’t get the NDSU QB thing, even after the explanation. Why are you locked in on a JAX trade-down, did they call?
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It's still my understanding Dean has to pay a $200 million dollar relocation fee and owes $600-800 million on the franchise. Dean's equity in the team isn't that solid, IMO.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

A player you do want would land at 5 if you just pick him. I don’t get the NDSU QB thing, even after the explanation. Why are you locked in on a JAX trade-down, did they call?
                  a trade down appeals to me coz eye think the biggest need right now is for depth and to assuage the injury bug, and given that we have traded up instead of down a near handful of times as of late, not sure the roster isn't showing signs of that to some degree ?? most GMs have better drafts w/more picks, something our FO has been loathe/unable to muster during their tenure.

and do like Trey Lance, but obviously that would be a questionable selection, and.... not sure I can explain it any better/differently.

and Jax makes the most sense given that they have a late first and early second available that fits the numbers in exchange for our top five/ten pick, hence my (repeated) reference to them.

also not sure am overly keen on any of the top ten talent/players atm.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I was watching Najee Harris highlights. He's 6'2" and 230. Jesus Christ, Mike Ditka was 6' 3" 227 in his playing days. Iron Mike didn't have 4.45 speed neither. Iron Najee.
                    Just trying to help Herb and Ek.

Done with JJackson.

Kelley is depth...kinda. Pimped him because he had a Senior Bowl jump in performance. That can be a sign of further rapid development.

I like Ibrahim-the Gopher.

It keeps looking like Parsons will be BPA and fall in our lap.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Just trying to help Herb and Ek.

Done with JJackson.

Kelley is depth...kinda. Pimped him because he had a Senior Bowl jump in performance. That can be a sign of further rapid development.

I like Ibrahim-the Gopher.

It keeps looking like Parsons will be BPA and fall in our lap.
                      Justin Jackson flashed in that Pittsburgh game, and that was it. Well, we learned that with talent, see Jason Verrett, it's best to get rid of them a season too early than a season too late.

My coaching staff is hiring Dave Toub and giving him the offense and special teams and asking Dave Toub to bring Wade Phillips on-board as his defensive coordinator so Dave could focus on the rest of the roster. This strategy successfully worked for Bum Phillips, Buddy Ryan, Marty Schottenheimer, Gary Kubiak and Sean McVay. That's 40 years of production.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

hold your horses cowpokes.... it costs $$$ to have the option to trade on the Draft Network mock draft simulator, and.... I ain't payin', and so.... couldn't execute a trade down on their site, so drafted Trey Lance as a placeholder, but.... what I woulda done if I coulda was to trade down w/Jax and then draft the all of Trey Smith, Daniel Faalele and Deonte Brown, along w/my other pick of Tyler Shelvin.

comprendo ?? capiche ??
                        Ok, understand. But if u don't pay to do a true trade-down, the remaining pool of players won't reflect the trade-down move...

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Pass rushers I like and their values IMO:

1st: Gregory Rousseau. If Sewell is off the board in the 1st, this is my 1b pick. Strength, length, and very quick for 260 lbs. His frame could handle another 10 lbs without losing quickness. I think his ceiling is higher than any other pass rusher in the draft. I think Tillery and Rousseau stunts would be devestating.

2nd: Patrick Jones II. Again, very good length and strength. Very productive for 2 years now. Doesn't have the elite speed but is really good with his hands and can shoot gaps. Always hustles, never quits. Chases down backside plays well.

3rd: Chris Rumpf. Opted out of 2020 to get ready for the draft. Was 235 lbs. at the end of 2019. I expect if he's using his time wisely that he'll come to the combine at 245 lbs. Probably has the frame to carry 255 lbs comfortably. He has outside speed and can bend the corner. Has to develop moves and grow stronger. Can't wait to see his combine. May climb into the 2nd round.

4th: Myjai Sanders. Another guy that needs to develop pass rush moves and develop his strength. He's already 255 lbs. He could probably play at 270 lbs. His production doesn't match up with his physical traits... yet.

There are lot of other pass rushers I like as well...

I've read the back-and-forth about Micah Parsons. I agree he has physical traits. It's too hard for me to project him as a DE as I just haven't seen him pass rush against premier OT's. I think he'd make a phenomenal 3-4 OLB or 4-3 MIKE in an attacking scheme. If we drafted him (and kept Gus) that would be a waste. Let the kid go to a team that will use him correctly.

As far as the Chargers are concerned, I think they will go with a more prototypical 4-3 DE. I think they move Murray Jr. to MIKE and draft a LB that is good in coverage.

We'll see... good conversations guys. Keep analyzing.

Comment

Working...
                          X