• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

the case for the trade down in round one.... instead of going LEO/PRS:

was Bosa's injury to his left arm a precursor of what we might see in '21, in that he opted to play LE given that his right arm was his only good arm ?? could he play LEO in '21 w/Tillery and Rochell manning/holding down the strongside DE on the right side ?? we've still got Justin Jones and Broughton @3T, and w/Joseph on the nose, the only hole would be as Linval's backup....

and not against the idea of hedging our bets w/a vet signing like Cameron Wake.... https://boltbeat.com/2020/11/20/la-chargers-tom-telesco-hot-seat/3/
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Trey Lance is just a placeholder as didn't pay to trade down, and.... for if and when eye can, would be looking to add CB Eric Stokes, OT Daniel Faalele and/or OG Deonte Brown.

Stokes was off the board before the Jags second selection (my imagined trade partner), so would prolly play it safe and draft Trey Smith there, and then look for Faalele early in round two, and then use the added pick to add Deonte Brown, so would get five outta my six targets, losing out on Stokes, which is not the end of the world as I already have a full quintet of CBs back there.

Screenshot 2020-11-20 234753.jpg
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• dmac_bolt
        Day Tripper
        • May 2019
        • North of the Lagoon
        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
        Trey Lance is just a placeholder as didn't pay to trade down, and.... for if and when eye can, would be looking to add CB Eric Stokes, OT Daniel Faalele and/or OG Deonte Brown.

Stokes was off the board before the Jags second selection (my imagined trade partner), so would prolly play it safe and draft Trey Smith there, and then look for Faalele early in round two, and then use the added pick to add Deonte Brown, so would get five outta my six targets, losing out on Stokes, which is not the end of the world as I already have a full quintet of CBs back there.

I didn’t understand what you said/did re: the NDSU QB in rd one. Didn’t pay to trade down - that forced you to draft a small school QB instead of a position player? Shit, don’t we have their last QB still carrying a clipboard around the sideline?
        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

What??? Are Herbie's stats the past several games just chopped liver? He's done his job (except when Lynn takes the rock out of his hands to stubbornly run the ball late in the game)...now, if our D could just do their job, I think we have 4-6 total wins so far instead of only 2...

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

the case for the trade down in round one.... instead of going LEO/PRS:

was Bosa's injury to his left arm a precursor of what we might see in '21, in that he opted to play LE given that his right arm was his only good arm ?? could he play LEO in '21 w/Tillery and Rochell manning/holding down the strongside DE on the right side ?? we've still got Justin Jones and Broughton @3T, and w/Joseph on the nose, the only hole would be as Linval's backup....

and not against the idea of hedging our bets w/a vet signing like Cameron Wake.... https://boltbeat.com/2020/11/20/la-chargers-tom-telesco-hot-seat/3/
            Telesco was the guy to guide the Chargers to Los Angeles. Purpose served. Dean has everything ever he wanted: a billion-dollar stadium in Southern California.

Time to build a real football team. I want Telesco blown out because he could not win the AFC West division in 8 tries and Anthony Lynn blown out because he has not won a game against an AFC West game since 2018. I want John Dorsey named as GM. A football man. Fuck John Spanos' feelings.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Telesco was the guy to guide the Chargers to Los Angeles. Purpose served. Dean has everything ever he wanted: a billion-dollar stadium in Southern California.

Time to build a real football team. I want Telesco blown out because he could not win the AFC West division in 8 tries and Anthony Lynn blown out because he has not won a game against an AFC West game since 2018. I want John Dorsey named as GM. A football man. Fuck John Spanos' feelings.
              We will win with flair.

J'marr/Najee 1-2.

:stirpot:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

We will win with flair.

J'marr/Najee 1-2.

hah.... 'twas my plan B last draft.... CeeDee 1 D'Andre 2

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I didn’t understand what you said/did re: the NDSU QB in rd one. Didn’t pay to trade down - that forced you to draft a small school QB instead of a position player? Shit, don’t we have their last QB still carrying a clipboard around the sideline?
                  Originally posted by Topcat View Post

What??? Are Herbie's stats the past several games just chopped liver? He's done his job (except when Lynn takes the rock out of his hands to stubbornly run the ball late in the game)...now, if our D could just do their job, I think we have 4-6 total wins so far instead of only 2...
                  hold your horses cowpokes.... it costs $$$ to have the option to trade on the Draft Network mock draft simulator, and.... I ain't payin', and so.... couldn't execute a trade down on their site, so drafted Trey Lance as a placeholder, but.... what I woulda done if I coulda was to trade down w/Jax and then draft the all of Trey Smith, Daniel Faalele and Deonte Brown, along w/my other pick of Tyler Shelvin.

comprendo ?? capiche ??

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

We will win with flair.

J'marr/Najee 1-2.

Woody the Crow.....always the shiny objects....

We will win with boring, mundane lineman...down to earth, back to basics...no flair required.:hello:
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Woody the Crow.....always the shiny objects....

We will win with boring, mundane lineman...down to earth, back to basics...no flair required.:hello:
                      You no like my quote from TT ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

hah.... 'twas my plan B last draft.... CeeDee 1 D'Andre 2
                        They are both doing very well in the National Football League.

And it is very Spanos of you to not kick down the cash for TDN.

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

We will win with flair.

J'marr/Najee 1-2.

I went through my man-crush on Ja'Marr Chase three weeks ago. God, it was intense. Then, I saw out the team had taken Melvin Ingram off of their website mast, their media, and every other damn thing. The front office converted his salary to fully guaranteed for one last go-round with the Chargers and the bottom fell out of the tub on defense. The Chargers pass rush is unacceptable without Ingram and Bosa playing across from one another. Now, Melvin is leaving.

Defense: Aside from Gus must be replaced, this is the #1 issue.

Offense: #1 issue is the Left Tackle & Center.

Team: GM, Head Coach, and Defensive coordinator need to be fired.

Comment

Working...
                          X