• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tol
    From Accounting
    • Mar 2019
    • Carlsbad
    • Send PM

I don't think we're in the Penei Sewell sweepstakes anymore. If he falls in our lap, sure. But moving forward I'm mocking with the idea he'll be off the board.

With no clear No.2 OT in the top 10, this is a spot where BPA and PON cross. The choice is between Rousseau and Parsons, and this may end up being debated for months and months until the draft.
    At this time I favor Rousseau for his speed, length, and tackling range, which should help against a slippery Mahomes. Whoever it is, we'll get a good EDGE rusher to be the heir to SupaMel and pair with Bosa.

Early 2nd round is where I think you can find good value for a PON at OT. Take your pick of who's left. There will be plenty of talent still there. No idea how the OT class will sort itself out by draft season, so Darrisaw might well be viewed as a 1st round pick by then. The temptation here might be RB Najee Harris or TE Pat Freiermut, if they fall out of the 1st. But the value of RB's has dropped and we will likely resign HH. Time to bite the bullet and draft a left side OT. May want to draft another in the back half of the draft for the right side, as Bulaga's back injury is cause for concern.

Chargers D needs young, fast, talented corners. Haven't drafted one since JV. Casey Hayward and CHJ are getting old. And we've been relying on UDFA's and P/S guys to make up for that draft deficiency. Draft one in the first half of the draft, and another in the 2nd half. Kary Vincent Jr has speed!

Second 3rd round pick should be a weapon for Herbert. Guyton and Johnson have out-shined Reed and Hill so far. But we need more. I shudder to think what will happen if KA goes down with an injury next season. (Stay healthy Slayer) So go get a play making WR at the end of the 3rd. Maybe one slips through to us. Right now that could be Dazz Newsome. I even like the name.

1-5 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami (FL)
    2-37 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
    3-69 CB Kary Vincent Jr - LSU
    3-96 WR Dazz Newsome - North Carolina

I'd like to see a TE get drafted at some point too, and/or a durable bowling ball of a RB.

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Henny Gainwell RB Memphis. I would expect that him not playing football this year and opting out will drop him down to the third round. He's a really good runner and an excellent receiver.

Comment

• Silversurfer
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Los Angeles
        • Send PM

Is it safe to say we are pretty set at RB with Ballage and Ekeler, Kelly, Jackson going foward so we can focus on other?

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
          I don't think we're in the Penei Sewell sweepstakes anymore. If he falls in our lap, sure. But moving forward I'm mocking with the idea he'll be off the board.

With no clear No.2 OT in the top 10, this is a spot where BPA and PON cross. The choice is between Rousseau and Parsons, and this may end up being debated for months and months until the draft. At this time I favor Rousseau for his speed, length, and tackling range, which should help against a slippery Mahomes. Whoever it is, we'll get a good EDGE rusher to be the heir to SupaMel and pair with Bosa.

Early 2nd round is where I think you can find good value for a PON at OT. Take your pick of who's left. There will be plenty of talent still there. No idea how the OT class will sort itself out by draft season, so Darrisaw might well be viewed as a 1st round pick by then. The temptation here might be RB Najee Harris or TE Pat Freiermut, if they fall out of the 1st. But the value of RB's has dropped and we will likely resign HH. Time to bite the bullet and draft a left side OT. May want to draft another in the back half of the draft for the right side, as Bulaga's back injury is cause for concern.

Chargers D needs young, fast, talented corners. Haven't drafted one since JV. Casey Hayward and CHJ are getting old. And we've been relying on UDFA's and P/S guys to make up for that draft deficiency. Draft one in the first half of the draft, and another in the 2nd half. Kary Vincent Jr has speed!

Second 3rd round pick should be a weapon for Herbert. Guyton and Johnson have out-shined Reed and Hill so far. But we need more. I shudder to think what will happen if KA goes down with an injury next season. (Stay healthy Slayer) So go get a play making WR at the end of the 3rd. Maybe one slips through to us. Right now that could be Dazz Newsome. I even like the name.

1-5 EDGE Gregory Rousseau - Miami (FL)
          2-37 OT Christian Darrisaw - Virginia Tech
          3-69 CB Kary Vincent Jr - LSU
          3-96 WR Dazz Newsome - North Carolina

I'd like to see a TE get drafted at some point too, and/or a durable bowling ball of a RB.
          Someone is replacing Melvin Ingram, who ever it will be it will be in the 1st Round.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Panamamike View Post
            Kenny Gainwell RB Memphis. I would expect that him not playing football this year and opting out will drop him down to the third round. He's a really good runner and an excellent receiver.
            1. Micah Parsons - LB/Penn State
            2. Jackson Carman - OT/Clemson
            3. Kenneth Gainwell - RB/Memphis
            3B. (Comp) Tyler Shelvin, Nose Tackle, LSU
            4. Camryn Bynum, CB/California
            5. James Empey - C/BYU
            6. Riley Patterson - K/Memphis
            6B. Noah Gray - TE/Duke
            7. Tutu Atwell, WR/Louisville

See 3rd Round. Great minds think alike, bro.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
              Getting Ek back and drafting a RB 1a is a stealth PON.

Of course we need two Olinemen with talent, but a one-two punch at RB would be very impactful.

CB & PRS too.
              I resign Perryman and move Murray's ass to WILL.
              Tranq/Kyzir @ SAM.

Waiting for Nasir to do something besides put me to sleep.

Hayward/CHJ aging rapidly.
              Sign MDavis/Tevaughn.
              I would love to have a Najee Harris caliber RB in the backfield. But would hate to waste his talents behind this OL... I'd be looking for Justin Jackson's replacement. Someone less fragile than glass and can avoid tacklers 2 or 3 yards behind the L.O.S....

Definitely love the way Perryman is playing this year. But I think Murray was brought in to replace Perryman (Perryman probably makes $10+ million next year). I'd be looking for Kyzir White's replacement (FA after 2021).

Nasir... I never bought the hype. I wanted Juan Thornhill. Once (if) Derwin can get/stay on the field, I'd rather have Jenkins at FS... at least Jenkins can tackle.

Yeah, Hayward aged 5 years in 5 weeks... LOL! CHJ seems to be broken (we're a broken-FA paradise). I'll never get why we let Desmond King get away. Our secondary has been exposed since he left. Yes to re-signing Davis and Trevaughn! CB in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

@Everyone else: If Cincinnati ends up @#3... don't assume they pick Sewell. Their pass protection problems are not @OT. Their problems are @IOL. They could draft Sewell @#3 and not improve one iota if they don't fix that center and guard situation. Where Art Thou, Billy Price...? Michael Jordan ain't exactly... well, Michael Jordan. The Bungles will have $42 million to play with this off-season. If they don't fix their IOL, they'll be... well, the Bungles.

If I were the Bengals GM, I'd draft Gregory Rousseau to replace FA DE Carl Lawson. Then, I'd replace FA Mackensie Alexander with the best CB available in the 2nd round. I'd re-sign FA William Jackson III and FA Joe Mixon. Then I'd spend the rest of my extra cap on 1 or 2 FA IOL. My 3rd round pick would be used on the best coverage LB left.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would love to have a Najee Harris caliber RB in the backfield. But would hate to waste his talents behind this OL... I'd be looking for Justin Jackson's replacement. Someone less fragile than glass and can avoid tacklers 2 or 3 yards behind the L.O.S....

Definitely love the way Perryman is playing this year. But I think Murray was brought in to replace Perryman (Perryman probably makes $10+ million next year). I'd be looking for Kyzir White's replacement (FA after 2021).

Nasir... I never bought the hype. I wanted Juan Thornhill. Once (if) Derwin can get/stay on the field, I'd rather have Jenkins at FS... at least Jenkins can tackle.

Yeah, Hayward aged 5 years in 5 weeks... LOL! CHJ seems to be broken (we're a broken-FA paradise). I'll never get why we let Desmond King get away. Our secondary has been exposed since he left. Yes to re-signing Davis and Trevaughn! CB in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

@Everyone else: If Cincinnati ends up @#3... don't assume they pick Sewell. Their pass protection problems are not @OT. Their problems are @IOL. They could draft Sewell @#3 and not improve one iota if they don't fix that center and guard situation. Where Art Thou, Billy Price...? Michael Jordan ain't exactly... well, Michael Jordan. The Bungles will have $42 million to play with this off-season. If they don't fix their IOL, they'll be... well, the Bungles.

If I were the Bengals GM, I'd draft Gregory Rousseau to replace FA DE Carl Lawson. Then, I'd replace FA Mackensie Alexander with the best CB available in the 2nd round. I'd re-sign FA William Jackson III and FA Joe Mixon. Then I'd spend the rest of my extra cap on 1 or 2 FA IOL. My 3rd round pick would be used on the best coverage LB left.
                Yeah he wouldnt help them at all :facepalm1:

Some shuffling around moving Jonah to RT ...or Sewell to RT and a FA here and there. Seriously, he wouldnt help? LOL, then why are we drafting him if he wouldnt help? The Bengals RT is nothing to speak of.....just like ours and i think he is a OG playing RT so moving him back to OG would help.

Whats up with Billy Price? First round backup

Comment

• Classic
                  Hall Of Fame
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Some shuffling around moving Jonah to RT ...or Sewell to RT and a FA here and there. Seriously, he wouldnt help? LOL, then why are we drafting him if he wouldnt help? The Bengals RT is nothing to speak of.....just like ours and i think he is a OG playing RT so moving him back to OG would help.

He'd be their pick but they could go defense as they also have no talent on that side of the field. Either way we have to make a impact selection this year or it could set us back years

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't know of any NFL team that has invested that kind of draft capital (#3 pick and #11 pick) at OT. PFF has Williams/Hart graded 75/70 respectively. Would Sewell help...? Of course. Would Sewell help solve the IOL problem Cinci has...? No. Sewell could have been at LT yesterday and Jonah Williams could have been at RT yesterday... and Joe Burrows' knee would still be shredded.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

In that case, maybe the Bungles trade down, so they can pick up a C and G...they'll probably want a pretty penny if Sewell is there when they pick...and a lot of eager takers...we could easily see a bidding war...

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

I don't know of any NFL team that has invested that kind of draft capital (#3 pick and #11 pick) at OT. PFF has Williams/Hart graded 75/70 respectively. Would Sewell help...? Of course. Would Sewell help solve the IOL problem Cinci has...? No. Sewell could have been at LT yesterday and Jonah Williams could have been at RT yesterday... and Joe Burrows' knee would still be shredded.
                        Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich...2nd overall picks for Raiders/Packers. Tony Boselli was the first pick of the Jax franchise in their history @ 2nd overall. OT, not a QB. Thats three without checking.

Burrows knee is a good reason to give him another top OT. Reported has a torn ACL and MCL.They can get IOL in other rounds and in FA'cy. They tried already. Price so far has been a bust and some here liked him for us.

They are the Bengals and may pass on him but it would be stupid. BPA and a need.

And last but not least, PFF can go suck a fat one. Terrible grading system. Remember they had Pip graded at 79 while he gave up the only 2 sacks of the game and a holding penalty? Yeah i trust them.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Robert Gallery, Tony Mandarich...2nd overall picks for Raiders/Packers off the top of my head. Tony Boselli was the first pick of the Jax franchise in their history. OT, not a QB.

Burrows knee is a good reason to give him another top OT. Reported has a torn ACL and MCL.They can get IOL in other rounds and in FA'cy. They tried already. Price has been a bust and some here liked him for us.

They are the Bengals and may pass on him but it would be stupid. BPA and a need.
                          Hell I think the Chargers should figure out how to get a good OL in teh first round even if that means moving down - for me its clearly the HIGHEST priority - thinking Sewell is off the board. Rousseau might be okay; Surtain at CB - but I think if Cosmi - I think thats the kids name - second best OT is close - I am fine with it. Hell trade back in the first a a couple spots just to take OT and get an extra pick.

Knowing Telesco if he is still GM - JaMarr Chase or Waddle because you know - we can find OT in the 3rd from a small school in South Dakota or maybe the 5th round

Granted there is a kid from Notre Dame that Telesco probably knows everything about Eichenberg.

Comment

Working...
                          X