• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Innate comprehensive knowledge of man-on-man leverages. These fellas have their phd in how to leverage their opponent. Point is: High school wrestlers make brilliant football players because they understand leverages.
    I smell what you are cooking.
    :stirpot:

Pro Wrestler.

Shame Linderbaum doesn't have a little more meat on him.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I bring up high school wrestling because both Micah and Creed took pains to point it out on their draft profile.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25628268/creed-humphrey-wrestling-background-pays-oklahoma-offense

Humphrey grew up in Shawnee, Oklahoma, and attended his first OU game as a 5-year-old with his grandfather, who had season tickets. The only thing more intertwined in Humphrey family blood than Sooner football was wrestling. From the time Humphrey was 4, he was on the mats. His father, Chad, was a three-time All-America wrestler at the University of Central Oklahoma, and his older brother was all-state in high school.

"There's nothing like the mentality of a wrestler and learning how to use leverage as a wrestler transitions perfectly to football," said Humphrey, whose old wrestling tights from when he was 9 years old showed up on screen during the telecast of the Big 12 championship game earlier this month.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Here's your rundown...

Lawrence (JETS)
        Fields (JAGS)
        Chase (BENGALS)
        Surtain II (COWBOYS)

Lawrence/Fields 1-2 no brainer.

Bengals hopefully roll with Jonah Williams @ OLTand go for Burrow's fellow Bayou Bengal J'Marr Chase to replace AJ Green. BTW Burrow was injured due to IOL problems !

Cowboys are stuck with OTs injury prone elite Tyron Smith and very good La'el Collins, under expensive contracts for several more years. Zack Martin. Cam Erving. Plenty of shit going on already at OL there. They have Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith (retain) at Off LOS LB, so no Parsons there. Furthermore DB Awuzie will be too expensive to retain. CB = PON. Therefore they go with Surtain II.

ALL BEST CASE SCENARIO.

LAC @ #5...Sewell vs Parsons vs trade down w/QB hungry team.

Machine let me trade down to 15-25. Numerous teams will want Trey Lance or Zach Wilson. We could easily get two OLs + PRS with Rd1, Rd2, Xtra Pick. Then we get to Rd3 and two picks, with the Rivers Comp. That would be for DB and whichever PON we end up with following roster subtraction(s).

This draft is deep at our PONs, especially OL, PRS, DB. We need to get younger and transition to the Herb era. I actually have RB 1b as a high PON due to impact and EKs profile. We can get a whole lot of bang for our buck Herb has that additionally. Controlling pace and clock is very helpful to a defense and W-L record.

2021 Draft in a nutshell.
        Pauline has J'Marr rated two overall, and.... don't think it's a gimme that Jax goes Fields.... they've been burned before w/Bortles @2, OSU doesn't have the best track record w/QBs in the NFL, and they do have a QB who went 19/20 their first game out eye believe, and so.... do they trade down for someone/Chase, or do they stay put and shock the world/a whole lotta peoples ??

and can't see Dallas passing on Penei for a CB.... couldn't they move Cam Erving back to center to make room for Sewell ?? and don't think they're gonna stay in the top five, as think Philly has a good shot of dropping into the top stanza there, and.... guessing they'd be going Parsons, albeit they could certainly benefit from the addition of Sewell, and.... thought La'el was a guard ??

another angle is who knows J'Marr Chase better than most anyone ?? would Burrow raise the flag for his former go to guy in lieu of an Olineman to keep him clean.... (uh, prolly not
        5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Classic View Post

Bulaga has injury issues that won't go away next season. Tevi has improved? Barely noticeable. Sorry but missing out on a OL for the 1 millionth time is insanity. We need OL, and if the BPA is OL. Take him.
          last year was a great year for taking a tackle at the top of the draft, and.... we made an even better decision and went QB.

this year looks like there could be a very good pass rusher available early, and prolly not the OT that we covet.... is there an IOL that you like in the top 5 ?? or do you want to take your chances on a DJ Fluker redux ??

personally if I'm looking @the any of CB, WR or Oline, am trading down if possible w/Jax to later in the first and grabbing Terrace Marshall, Eric Stokes or Trey Smith, and.... gaining their top pick in the second in the process (they have two picks in round two, so hopefully they would be more inclined to let go of that pick, and given that they would get our top of the first in exchange).

if I'm thinkin' DE is it, then stayin' put @5 for Rousseau.... day two is thick w/it on the OL.... if I trade down, could possibly nab two IOLs and an IDL as well.... fingers crossed.
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Here's your rundown...

Lawrence (JETS)
            Fields (JAGS)
            Chase (BENGALS)
            Surtain II (COWBOYS)

Lawrence/Fields 1-2 no brainer.

Bengals hopefully roll with Jonah Williams @ OLTand go for Burrow's fellow Bayou Bengal J'Marr Chase to replace AJ Green. BTW Burrow was injured due to IOL problems !

Cowboys are stuck with OTs injury prone elite Tyron Smith and very good La'el Collins, under expensive contracts for several more years. Zack Martin. Cam Erving. Plenty of shit going on already at OL there. They have Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith (retain) at Off LOS LB, so no Parsons there. Furthermore DB Awuzie will be too expensive to retain. CB = PON. Therefore they go with Surtain II.

ALL BEST CASE SCENARIO.

LAC @ #5...Sewell vs Parsons vs trade down w/QB hungry team.

Machine let me trade down to 15-25. Numerous teams will want Trey Lance or Zach Wilson. We could easily get two OLs + PRS with Rd1, Rd2, Xtra Pick. Then we get to Rd3 and two picks, with the Rivers Comp. That would be for DB and whichever PON we end up with following roster subtraction(s).

This draft is deep at our PONs, especially OL, PRS, DB. We need to get younger and transition to the Herb era. I actually have RB 1b as a high PON due to impact and EKs profile. We can get a whole lot of bang for our buck Herb has that additionally. Controlling pace and clock is very helpful to a defense and W-L record.

2021 Draft in a nutshell.
            The Bengals are a terrible franchise for sure but they need so much more than a WR. If they pass on Sewell for a WR, then if im Burrow i am calling them asking for a trade right after that pick.

You call it iOL problems but they have OL problems all over except where Jonah is.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The Bengals are a terrible franchise for sure but they need so much more than a WR. If they pass on Sewell for a WR, then if im Burrow i am calling them asking for a trade right after that pick.
              Jonah Williams OLT Rd1 2019.
              Their problems are everywhere but OLT.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Charge!
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Aug 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

last year was a great year for taking a tackle at the top of the draft, and.... we made an even better decision and went QB.

this year looks like there could be a very good pass rusher available early, and prolly not the OT that we covet.... is there an IOL that you like in the top 5 ?? or do you want to take your chances on a DJ Fluker redux ??

personally if I'm looking @the any of CB, WR or Oline, am trading down if possible w/Jax to later in the first and grabbing Terrace Marshall, Eric Stokes or Trey Smith, and.... gaining their top pick in the second in the process (they have two picks in round two, so hopefully they would be more inclined to let go of that pick, and given that they would get our top of the first in exchange).

if I'm thinkin' DE is it, then stayin' put @5 for Rousseau.... day two is thick w/it on the OL.... if I trade down, could possibly nab two IOLs and an IDL as well.... fingers crossed.
                agree..... no reaching for iffy Fluker types..... if we are top 5 and the elite LT is gone, then lets get a Bosa type elite defensive player..... elite pass rusher(DE or OLB) or elite CB (if the CB's are rare shutdown types)....

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Jonah Williams OLT Rd1 2019.
                  Their problems are everywhere but OLT.
                  So Move one to RT. They have a OG playing RT now. Have you seen the RT salaries in the NFL? Pretty darn high.
                  The Bengals will. .. Should, draft a OT as their OL sux and he is BPA.... or a pass rusher at #3.
                  WR and they are just lame. Which we know they are, so if you are putting yourself in Browns shoes... You have it right lol
                  Nevermind :tongue:

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

TE Kyle Pitts' 9th TD catch of the season, playing his 6th game today.
                    Love this kid. A weapon early? This dude is at the top of my list.
                    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Watching UCLA tonight and I don’t know who their DC is but they bring pressure and blitz constantly

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                        The Precious
                        • May 2019
                        • Send PM

Anyone see that kid Jaret Patterson for the U of Buffalo today? 36 carries, 409 yards and 8 touchdowns vs Kent St. :shock:

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                          Anyone see that kid Jaret Patterson for the U of Buffalo today? 36 carries, 409 yards and 8 touchdowns vs Kent St. :shock:
                          those are Marshall Faulk numbers.... worth our comp pick ??

https://dynastydraftroom.com/jaretpatterson/

over 60 percent of his yards gained AFTER contact

Barry Sanders lite

rounds 3/4

Comment

Working...
                          X