Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

I think we should consider trading up with Cincy at 3 for Sewell
    if they’re seriously considering going defense, we would be a pick or two away, so they could land their ideal defender and pick up our first in 2022.
    we risk nothing showing our intentions, every 16 year old with a mock draft YouTube video and their mommas know our target is Sewell.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• JustAnotherFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2020
      • Send PM

The "Suck for Sewell" train has been derailed.
      Joe Burrow's season ending injury means the Bengals will almost certainly have a worse record then the Chargers.
      And the Bengals are one of the few really bad teams that will for SURE not draft a QB with their first pick.

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by JustAnotherFan View Post
        The "Suck for Sewell" train has been derailed.
        Joe Burrow's season ending injury means the Bengals will almost certainly have a worse record then the Chargers.
        And the Bengals are one of the few really bad teams that will for SURE not draft a QB with their first pick.
        true

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Someone is replacing Melvin Ingram, who ever it will be it will be in the 1st Round.
          Paye's scouting report is eerily similar to Mel's.... better outquicking IOL, w/shorter arms, and.... better run defender than pass rusher.

Rousseau can rush the interior as well as provide some pass coverage, again similar to the book on Mel coming outta college.... my question is how is his dip/bend around the edge ??

still prefer a trade down and to get another pick or coupla few....

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            Oline-Tip of the Spear...
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Pipefitter Illinois State University
            • Send PM

Everyone assuming that Sewell is going top 5....I am not so sure. It's not that he isn't the best OT on the board...but he didn't even play this season. Unless he shows up superfreak at the combine, he is going to be competing against the hottest prospects across multiple high value positions, most of whom have fresh film. Lot of QB needy teams, could be a frenzy up top. Bengals could go defense, or take advantage of the QB frenzy and trade back. Miami with Houstons pick is a threat...but how big is LT for Tua? Deep tackle class...Sewell at the top, true...but the rest are all pretty close in the second tier, which should last well into the second round...lot of factors to consider here...I think if there are some hot players that emerge as big time prospects from the post season thru the combine, and a couple of teams go defense or trade back...plus all the QB needy teams...I could easily see Sewell going in the 8-10 range...

Stranger things have happened...just too early, I think, to get an real accurate idea outside of Lawrence and Fields going 1-2...
            Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hell I think the Chargers should figure out how to get a good OL in teh first round even if that means moving down - for me its clearly the HIGHEST priority - thinking Sewell is off the board. Rousseau might be okay; Surtain at CB - but I think if Cosmi - I think thats the kids name - second best OT is close - I am fine with it. Hell trade back in the first a a couple spots just to take OT and get an extra pick.

Knowing Telesco if he is still GM - JaMarr Chase or Waddle because you know - we can find OT in the 3rd from a small school in South Dakota or maybe the 5th round

Granted there is a kid from Notre Dame that Telesco probably knows everything about Eichenberg.
              think there are three guards worth a look in the third.... Jackson Carman, Zion Johnson and Deonte Brown, and....

would rather take my chances w/Trey Smith being able to play some tackle rather than Cosmi.... not into drafting for need.... some peoples like Smith as a top five/ten talent.

and am sure Campen is gonna have some major input, and.... Telesco has got to be thinking that he's already got three OTs, and two of 'em on the cheap.
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                Definitely love the way Perryman is playing this year. But I think Murray was brought in to replace Perryman (Perryman probably makes $10+ million next year).
                recall you pegged him at $9m last year and he signed for $6m.... think he gets a raise and an extra year this go 'round, but not to ten mil.... $7.5m/year for two years.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Paye's scouting report is eerily similar to Mel's.... better outquicking IOL, w/shorter arms, and.... better run defender than pass rusher.

Rousseau can rush the interior as well as provide some pass coverage, again similar to the book on Mel coming outta college.... my question is how is his dip/bend around the edge ??

still prefer a trade down and to get another pick or coupla few....
                  I favor a trade a too at this juncture. The sheer-amount of QB-hungry teams: Jets, Jaguars, Washington, Vikings, Patriots, Bears & Broncos makes finding a trading partner easier this season and the payoff could be lucrative, IMO.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

If Sewell is gonna Im totally for trading down

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I favor a trade a too at this juncture. The sheer-amount of QB-hungry teams: Jets, Jaguars, Washington, Vikings, Patriots, Bears & Broncos makes finding a trading partner easier this season and the payoff could be lucrative, IMO.
                      Jax has a first round pick in the twenties and another pick at the top of the second that would add up to what our top ten pick is worth on the trade value chart.

thinkin'/hopin' they value the CBs at the top of the draft much higher that the ones later on, and that they think they badly need a corner, along w/a QB ??

no other team listed has the draft capital to make a trade.... unless they are willing to part w/a next year's No. 1 ??

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

Jax has a first round pick in the twenties and another pick at the top of the second that would add up to what our top ten pick is worth on the trade value chart.

thinkin'/hopin' they value the CBs at the top of the draft much higher that the ones later on, and that they think they badly need a corner, along w/a QB ??

no other team listed has the draft capital to make a trade.... unless they are willing to part w/a next year's No. 1 ??
                        I'm thinking in terms of swapping positions and demanding a 2nd, 3rd in 2021 and their 2nd Round in 2022. Reasonable for trading down to the 10 or 11 slot?

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I would love to have a Najee Harris caliber RB in the backfield. But would hate to waste his talents behind this OL... I'd be looking for Justin Jackson's replacement. Someone less fragile than glass and can avoid tacklers 2 or 3 yards behind the L.O.S....

Definitely love the way Perryman is playing this year. But I think Murray was brought in to replace Perryman (Perryman probably makes $10+ million next year). I'd be looking for Kyzir White's replacement (FA after 2021).

Nasir... I never bought the hype. I wanted Juan Thornhill. Once (if) Derwin can get/stay on the field, I'd rather have Jenkins at FS... at least Jenkins can tackle.

Yeah, Hayward aged 5 years in 5 weeks... LOL! CHJ seems to be broken (we're a broken-FA paradise). I'll never get why we let Desmond King get away. Our secondary has been exposed since he left. Yes to re-signing Davis and Trevaughn! CB in the 2nd round or 3rd round.

@Everyone else: If Cincinnati ends up @#3... don't assume they pick Sewell. Their pass protection problems are not @OT. Their problems are @IOL. They could draft Sewell @#3 and not improve one iota if they don't fix that center and guard situation. Where Art Thou, Billy Price...? Michael Jordan ain't exactly... well, Michael Jordan. The Bungles will have $42 million to play with this off-season. If they don't fix their IOL, they'll be... well, the Bungles.

If I were the Bengals GM, I'd draft Gregory Rousseau to replace FA DE Carl Lawson. Then, I'd replace FA Mackensie Alexander with the best CB available in the 2nd round. I'd re-sign FA William Jackson III and FA Joe Mixon. Then I'd spend the rest of my extra cap on 1 or 2 FA IOL. My 3rd round pick would be used on the best coverage LB left.
                          Agree on the OL. How about instead of looking for RBs that can dodge defenders 3 yards behind the LOS, we look for linemen that can keep a RB clean till he gets to the line. Better yet, open a fucking hole once in awhile.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X