• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

man.... need a trade down in the worst way, and.... prolly woulda gone after the likes of a Daniel Faalele or Deonte Brown w/an added second,

Screenshot 2020-11-28 222506.jpg
    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

ok, a little better this time, but still asking the question: do I want a top heavy roster and as many top five/ten picks as possible, or would I have been better off w/a CB and DE last year instead of trading up for the first round LB ?? this time I missed out on a S and Olineman....

Screenshot 2020-11-28 224208.jpg
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Love this kid. A weapon early? This dude is at the top of my list.
        I am not sure yet who I would pass on for this kid, and for the most part, I am not interested in a weapon in the first round...but this guy is the exception. Gotta take Sewell...maybe Rousseau and Parsons...then I might have to look at him hard. We win some more games and are picking close to 10 give or take, that would be a good spot to take him...and I don't think he will dissappoint.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Started sampling some film on Oline prospects.

Sewell...his lack of length bothers me just a little...but that's picking the flecks out of the fly shit. He is the real deal. The movement in this guy...scary. I won't go over what many here have already posted. If he is there, you take him...and maybe even trade up using a later round pick.

Slater...also love the ferocity and movement in this kid. Always looking to hit somebody, comes off first blocks in a snap, picking up second level defenders in the run game, or second wave rushers/delayed blitzers in the pass game. Even more so than Sewell, length bothers me, and he isn't as accomplished a pass blocker, and tends to make more mistakes...but love him overall all, but at Guard? I am no OLine guru, but I could see him being an excellant Guard. Oh...he is a little grabby...he will need to clean that up in the pros, got away with it in the couple of games I watched him in...another reason I won't anoint him as OT in the pros...some of that snatching saved him on some speed rushers and double moves. But overall love the motor and intensity.

Faalele....I'm sorry. I want nothing to do with this kid, unless he is playing at 340....and maybe not even then. This really is a case of just too much mass. I watch him on flilm, and he looks like he is in slow motion compared to guys like Sewell and Slater. Sure, if he gets his paws on you, it's over...but NFL players will just run around him or use his momentum against him. If the guy was able to drop 50 pounds, and show some real movement skills, I might be intrigued...otherwise, can't really evaluate him as anything but a project/roll of the dice.

Anyway, just some first impressions watching some few games I can get on youtube....long ways to go, lotta tackles this year!

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
            man.... need a trade down in the worst way, and.... prolly woulda gone after the likes of a Daniel Faalele or Deonte Brown w/an added second,

Screenshot 2020-11-28 222506.jpg
            LOL...I don't care what choices you had...in no universe do you pick Trey Smith at 5, when you know he is gonna be there in the second...no matter how much you love the guy, which you obviously do. Are you channeling your inner Al Davis?:shrug:

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

OL Edge OL CB - top four picks

thats it.

In fact, I would like at least one trade back - unless the OL in round 1 is there to get another day 2 pick or at worst round 4 pick

Comment

• Panamamike
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Love this kid. A weapon early? This dude is at the top of my list.
                The freshman at notre dame is damn impressive too. Really high, runs good routes and soft hands. It really says something when your senior quarterback trusts you the most of anybody on your team on third down and in the red zone

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

LOL...I don't care what choices you had...in no universe do you pick Trey Smith at 5, when you know he is gonna be there in the second...no matter how much you love the guy, which you obviously do. Are you channeling your inner Al Davis?:shrug:
                  If it was Al Davis, it would be telling the GM to ignore BPA or PON and pick the fastest WR on the board...always trying to re-live the long-ball Dan Pastorini days...

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

If it was Al Davis, it would be telling the GM to ignore BPA or PON and pick the fastest WR on the board...always trying to re-live the long-ball Dan Pastorini days...
                    Al was terribly consistent at being, well, terrible.
                    As a Raider hater, kept me thoroughly entertained .

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                      Congrats to the Vandy kicker for being the first female to play in a Power 5 football game. Sarah Fuller is also the goalkeeper for the women's soccer team.
                      Truthfully, didn’t you expect her to kick if farther?
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post

Al was terribly consistent at being, well, terrible.
                        As a Raider hater, kept me thoroughly entertained .
                        I too used to look forward to and then love Al’s 1RD picks ... they were always awesome! His knack for picking fast guys that can’t play football was uncanny.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I too used to look forward to and then love Al’s 1RD picks ... they were always awesome! His knack for picking fast guys that can’t play football was uncanny.
                          Yep...used to LOVE hearing the groans from the draft day audience when Al Davis's stunning reaches were announced...

Comment

Working...
                          X