• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Charge!
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
    sorry Murray fans/aficionados, but after today's game, gotta believe/think that Parsons is under consideration round one for the Chargers, and...

not to mention that Denzel got dinged again,
    agree...... along with CB..... we need pass rush badley and CB's with actual ball skills......

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
      sorry Murray fans/aficionados, but after today's game, gotta believe/think that Parsons is under consideration round one for the Chargers, and...

Nothing wrong with Parsons. It just depends how they se him. As a Pass rusher or a MLB. He can do some of both I guess.
      Murray imo will get better. He isn't looking too Good this season but he needs some coaching up and a full TC... Especially with the new defense we will have next season

Comment

• Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

I think Murray has potential, but I like us taking Parsons anyway as the BPA at #5 overall.

Part of Murray's issues may be that he is a bad fit for Bradley's system. I do not see that as being a problem next year.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

A QB hungry team will trade up with us.
          We will trade down in the first round.
          Then we will trade back up for a second round one pick.
          We will still have one round two.

Darrisaw and Slater, both ++ nasty run blockers.
          ​​​Then it is Najee Harris in round two.

Machine has spoken.

The new HC is Artie from Tennessee.
          Just like the song says,
          "there ain't no horse like a Tennessee Stud."
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Coaching: F-
            Undisciplined, clutter and confusion. Anthony “Rolex” Lynn had another terrible bout of clock managementitis at the end of the half and in the fourth quarter (torched a TO to kick a FG when he could have taken a delay). His students had the discipline of sugared-up kindergartners. Horrendous short-yardage calls. Why is the 6-6, 240-pound QB sneak anathema (until the end when it doesn’t matter)? Unforgivable. Did have 12 men on the field once (one too many). - Nick Canepa

Comment

• Classic
              Hall Of Fame
              • Dec 2014
              • Send PM

F for Herbert but a B + for the running backs. Nick needs to retire if he thinks the RBs deserve a B

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                A QB hungry team will trade up with us.
                We will trade down in the first round.
                Then we will trade back up for a second round one pick.
                We will still have one round two.

Darrisaw and Slater, both ++ nasty run blockers.
                ​​​Then it is Najee Harris in round two.

Machine has spoken.

The new HC is Artie from Tennessee.
                Just like the song says,
                "there ain't no horse like a Tennessee Stud."
                ArtyBall. - A play-action ball control offense that puts a premium on winning at the line-of-scrimmage and winning the time-of-possession game. If they could compliment this offense with a defense aligned a in 3-4 defensive front, and three defensive backs capable of playing either press or man adeptly, that's how far the Chargers are from being competitive.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

agree...... along with CB..... we need pass rush badley and CB's with actual ball skills......
                  Chargers have four NEEDS from what I can see
                  OL, CB, Edge and OL
                  WR and TE are WANTS at this point - though a guy like Pitts is intriguiing

I still think they have bigger needs. So sure Parsons in the 1st or Surtain in the 1st is fine as long as the GM doesn't wait until Day 3 picks for OL

OL - CB - OL - Edge : whatever order but its time - upgrade the OL
                  Now a player like Pitts - if you trade back - get another day 2 pick - that might make a bit of sense

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Imagine if Joey Bosa had had support in way of a LEO playing across from him today? That's where I fancy Micah Parsons ripping upfield with his speed....
                    Is Parsons a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB? Is he gonna put his hand in the dirt if we get him? We need a DE not an OLB.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Is Parsons a 4-3 DE or a 3-4 OLB? Is he gonna put his hand in the dirt if we get him? We need a DE not an OLB.
                      we need both...... we need a DE opposite Bosa AND a big fast pass rushing OLB, and a big fast OLB with cover skills..... Murray and Perryman can rotate in middle.... most of our other LBers can be cut..... none have coverage ability..... and none can rush the passer......

Comment

• Charge!
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chaincrusher View Post

I think Murray has potential, but I like us taking Parsons anyway as the BPA at #5 overall.

Part of Murray's issues may be that he is a bad fit for Bradley's system. I do not see that as being a problem next year.
                        Agree, having a Seau type LBer would impact our defense greatly..... and if we get a new DC who actually realizes the value of pressuring the QB by any means necessary then a big fast brutally nasty LBer would greatly help..... Gus would not have a clue how to use him.....

Comment

• ghost
                          The Rise of Kellen Moore
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

I have him as OLB/DE in 3/4. Not a down lineman, brother. Parsons played defensive end in high school and he feels it's his natural position, he's a natural pass rusher. He's a Weakside OLB. His passing rushing grades, I've already posted.

Gametape: Defensive MVP Cotton Bowl - Micah Parsons #11 playing off-ball linebacker in a 4-3.

He's 20 and Khalil Mack is 29. IMO, he's the next Khalil Mack.

Comment

Working...
                          X