• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well if you the following players are on the board when the Chargers pick and Telesco is GM:
    Chase, Surtain, Sewell, Rousseau

TT would probably pick Sewell last. I see him enamored with getting a "shiny fast" toy for Herbert to play with first over protecting the QB and building an OL

So sure, I can see the Bengals wanting a big time wideout for Burrows - plus they played at LSU together. They have the "connection" - or that would be the narrative.
    They have plenty of time to have chemistry with their wideouts. Boyd has 72 receptions and Tee Higgins has 48 as a rookie.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

LOL - you are right, they are the Bungles!

What if TT agrees with Daniel Jeremiah and has Slater rated ahead of Sewell?

His reply to someone questioning him having Slater first:

If TT agrees with DJ and picks Slater - at least he will be addressing the biggest NEED on the team and he would hopefully be correct

But lets face it - Telesco has been horrible about putting together an OL

I hope he is not doing the picking

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

They have plenty of time to have chemistry with their wideouts. Boyd has 72 receptions and Tee Higgins has 48 as a rookie.
        Hey, I think the Bengals should go OL with their first pick
        I KNOW the Chargers should go OL with their first pick
        whether each team does is another story

For me - a GREAT OL helps the entire team and its a no brainer that the team needs TWO, not one, but TWO guys selected in teh first three rounds. But thats me.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
          • Send PM

If TT agrees with DJ and picks Slater - at least he will be addressing the biggest NEED on the team and he would hopefully be correct

One thing bout DJ...he tends to rank some players a little outside the box...whether he does that just to shake things up to create debate worthy commentary, or he is just offering credible, dissenting opinion is hard to tell...but Slater vs Sewell is easy for me...they both move with the speed and ferocity of wolverines, but Sewell is 25 pounds heavier, stronger, and makes fewer mistakes, less grabby in pass pro. Caveat? Ive only screened 2 games by each...and Im a pipefitter who hasnt played ball since high school, not a pro scout, so....
          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Silversurfer
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2019
            • Los Angeles
            • Send PM

Yeah! Well hopefully D.J can speak to T.T about how O-line is a need, not sure if he even knows lol.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Silversurfer View Post

Yeah! Well hopefully D.J can speak to T.T about how O-line is a need, not sure if he even knows lol.
              Jeremiah had a tweet last week - before the Buffalo game - paraphrasing
              "... Telesco has set the Chargers up well for the future. Two biggest needs are OL and CB.."

Jeremiah being the radio analyst has pretty good insight. Hopefully Telesco is on the same damn page!!

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Jeremiah had a tweet last week - before the Buffalo game - paraphrasing
                "... Telesco has set the Chargers up well for the future. Two biggest needs are OL and CB.."

Jeremiah being the radio analyst has pretty good insight. Hopefully Telesco is on the same damn page!!
                Pass rusher is up there imo. If they bring back Mel, they just stupid and need to be fired. I think they do anyways.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Pass rusher is up there imo. If they bring back Mel, they just stupid and need to be fired. I think they do anyways.
                  Agreed - pass rusher is a need. I have four needs with the first three rounds
                  2 OL
                  1 Edge
                  1 CB
                  prefer OL in the first or second round (just to show they are filling a need!)

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

agree bengals have a great set of WR's...... burrow like Herbie needs an OL!......

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

Agreed - pass rusher is a need. I have four needs with the first three rounds
                      2 OL
                      1 Edge
                      1 CB
                      prefer OL in the first or second round (just to show they are filling a need!)
                      I would not mind Chargers snagging that Great big, fast TE, Pitts in 2nd or 3rd round.... he would really open up our offense.....

alot depends on who we go get in FA...... since I assume we will let Ingram, Williams, and some others go.......

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Would u prefer Baby Spanos do the picking?

Comment

• Topcat
                          AKA "Pollcat"
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

One thing bout DJ...he tends to rank some players a little outside the box...whether he does that just to shake things up to create debate worthy commentary, or he is just offering credible, dissenting opinion is hard to tell...but Slater vs Sewell is easy for me...they both move with the speed and ferocity of wolverines, but Sewell is 25 pounds heavier, stronger, and makes fewer mistakes, less grabby in pass pro. Caveat? Ive only screened 2 games by each...and Im a pipefitter who hasnt played ball since high school, not a pro scout, so....
                          So, if Sewell is gone by the time we pick at #4 or #5 overall, would u be okay with picking Slater?

Comment

Working...
                          X