• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Inforfun View Post
    If possible trade down to get more picks and draft OL. But TT might have to consult someone for that kinda info.
    Its the best possible plan if Sewell is gone. Get more picks but get your OL. If you get another day 2 pick. You can easily go OL, Edge , CB, OL and WR with your five picks in the first three rounds.

Comment

• Charge!
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am okay passing on Parsons, Rousseau, Surtain, the Va Tech CB, Chase and Waddle if the decision is to trade back and get OL in Round 1 (plus other picks) if Sewell is off the board. I am good with it. If the Chargers could draft "Jim Lachey" -- I would be happy.
      i would agree with that .... but problem is that the 2nd best LT is not close to a cant miss...... im leary of drafting any of the Bama OL because they are much better run blockers (like Fluker) than pass blockers..... Chargers need pass blockers.... not the type of player you want on Herbie's blind side..... but the bigger issue is that we are likely drafting at 4 or 5 so that means we are in position for an elite player.... great GMs never trade out of top 5 passing on elite players..... NE trades down because they draft at the end off first round where talent is of 2nd/3rd round iffy grade...... trading down from top 5 is stupid unless its only a spot or 2 (because someone is reaching for a QB) and you are still getting an elite player that helps your team.....

Comment

• Charge!
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Its the best possible plan if Sewell is gone. Get more picks but get your OL. If you get another day 2 pick. You can easily go OL, Edge , CB, OL and WR with your five picks in the first three rounds.
        Never trade away an elite player for multiple iffy players......Chargers traded away Polamalu for 2 DB's that never amounted to be anything..... and that was right after letting Harrison go...so we even had a huge need...... stupid!....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Never trade away an elite player for multiple iffy players......Chargers traded away Polamalu for 2 DB's that never amounted to be anything..... and that was right after letting Harrison go...so we even had a huge need...... stupid!....
          I understand and that makes a lot of sense. But I see the needs of OL being so much more than Edge and CB and even farther after that WR - that I will be honest, my opinion is skewed. I agree, do not pass on elite talent for the sake of making a trade. I just want OL to be the pick and if not CB or Edge is fine.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

most of the time I'd agree with this...but if we only move down a few spots we can bolster this team a lot. We need a shutdown corner as well as some additional interior linemen on offense. If we're drafting 4th or 5th we need to think about raping some other team with draft capital we need. Moving down a bit and at the same time moving up out of the later rounds with stupid picks we never utilize properly. Give me six picks inside the top 100 and let the rest tryout for the practice squad.

:Beer1:
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

most of the time I'd agree with this...but if we only move down a few spots we can bolster this team a lot. We need a shutdown corner as well as some additional interior linemen on offense. If we're drafting 4th or 5th we need to think about raping some other team with draft capital we need. Moving down a bit and at the same time moving up out of the later rounds with stupid picks we never utilize properly. Give me six picks inside the top 100 and let the rest tryout for the practice squad.

:Beer1:
              If you tell me there are two OL prospects in the top 7 or 8 (Chargers picking 4 or 5) and they can get the second best prospect and get a pick or two more in the top 100 like you said - I am all for that. But I want the second OL to be a legit top 7 prospect -- and not reaching at 12 when you are picking 7 or 8.

I also like your thought of a deal like this

Chargers send out their 1st and TN 6th
              for 1, 2 and 5

Chargers already have 9 picks - they don't need more picks in total - just need more in those 2-4 rounds.

Comment

• gzubeck
                Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                • Jan 2019
                • Tucson, AZ
                • Send PM

If you tell me there are two OL prospects in the top 7 or 8 (Chargers picking 4 or 5) and they can get the second best prospect and get a pick or two more in the top 100 like you said - I am all for that. But I want the second OL to be a legit top 7 prospect -- and not reaching at 12 when you are picking 7 or 8.

for 1, 2 and 5

Chargers already have 9 picks - they don't need more picks in total - just need more in those 2-4 rounds.
                Even Better is moving only up into the 3rd round. What do we have 1 1st, 1 2nd, 2 3rd's and one 4th.... I'd say move out of the 5th to 7th anyway if we don't trade out! Some team out there most likely will want to trade up if there's a QB they want. Not sure if this is a good year to trade out because both the Jaguars and Jets could use a new QB and it could be slim pickings by the time we pick there. I'm gonna have to do some research there as I haven't kept up with college teams this year.
                Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

agreed.... not sure if Chuba isn't getting overlooked here ??

and how 'bout going back to the Ohio State well for round seven w/Trey Sermon.... ??
                  I love guys that go to high profile colleges and for one reason or another sort of get reduced roles. Hubbard and Sermon are much higher round talent guys if you are going off blue chip high school projections. Lots of times guys just dont get the snaps or development they need. Especially now that we are seeing a lot of dual RB movement in both ncaa and pro. Good RBs are definitely being undervalued coming out of college.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

for 1, 2 and 5

Daniel Jeremiah will tell you that Rashawn Slater is that guy, and personally.... do think we can get an extra third and fourth if we're lucky/prudent, and for myself getting those two extra picks, could mean getting OTs in addition to IOL.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

i would agree with that .... but problem is that the 2nd best LT is not close to a cant miss...... im leary of drafting any of the Bama OL because they are much better run blockers (like Fluker) than pass blockers..... Chargers need pass blockers.... not the type of player you want on Herbie's blind side..... but the bigger issue is that we are likely drafting at 4 or 5 so that means we are in position for an elite player.... great GMs never trade out of top 5 passing on elite players..... NE trades down because they draft at the end off first round where talent is of 2nd/3rd round iffy grade...... trading down from top 5 is stupid unless its only a spot or 2 (because someone is reaching for a QB) and you are still getting an elite player that helps your team.....
                      or.... you can just as easily draft a Solomon Thomas instead of a Joey Bosa in the top five, or in my case a Malik McDowell instead of a Ryan Ramcyzk.

bottom line is the same wherever you land.... you've got to hit on your picks.
                      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                        & ramblin' man
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

speaking for myself, am gonna be looking wideout in FA to save myself a (high) draft pick, and then go almost solely OL/DB in the draft, and as eye think there are some good gets on both those fronts.

edit: JuJu Schuster pls
                        Last edited by beachcomber; 12-08-2020, 08:00 PM.

Comment

• Charge!
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

speaking for myself, am gonna be looking wideout in FA to save myself a (high) draft pick, and then go almost solely OL/DB in the draft, and as eye think there are some good gets on both those fronts.

edit: JuJu Schuster pls
                          I like that idea....... if a great vet CB is available like q gilmore, we should sign him....rookie DB's take a while to learn NFL......

I think NE and KC have the right idea....go get FA DB's.... to lock down receivers and help aggressive pass rushes have time to get to QB's.....

Comment

Working...
                          X