Clear All
  • like54ninjas
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Oct 2017
    • Great White North
    • Draftnik
    • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

not sure why we would pay $15m and on up for 44 receptions or thereabouts/year ?? not to mention the years/games he sits out, or the ones he's not 100 percent.

and Turner was just around Michael Schofield good last season, this season has been a virtual no show, and.... he wants to get paid.

those Pro Bowl seasons are in the rear view mirror, and not sure his attitude/mindset bodes well for investing big dollars on an Oline w/just that history.... of not getting value from overpaid, overvalued, nearing over the hill status, Olinemen.... pass.

Hayward, I think we let him go, but risky, albeit perhaps we get lucky again w/a vet and/or some rookie revelations back there ??

ps. have you taken a close look at JJ Schuster Smith.... production and durability look well worth the gambit to me, as don't think we want to leave our rook QB w/a ? opposite Keenan.
    I agree with the majority of your thoughts here beach.

I’d offer MikeDub around $10-$11/4 yr/$22G (21 cap hit of $10m), which is really a 2yr ejector or 4yr team friendly.

I have my eye on FA - Fabian Moreau (CB) on a 2yr/11M/$5G and drafting 1-2 CB.

Trai and Casey are cuts/trades for me. We need younger, faster, more ascending players at both positions.
    My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
    K9
    Nasir
    Tillery
    Parham
    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’d offer MikeDub around $10-$11/4 yr/$22G (21 cap hit of $10m), which is really a 2yr ejector or 4yr team friendly.

Trai and Casey are cuts/trades for me. We need younger, faster, more ascending players at both positions.
      Yep, that's the Cheatriot model...better to cut 'em a year early, than a year late...

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

very well put.... "more ascending players" ....couldn't agree more.

also want to say thanx for naming players, as so many of us here say we want this 'n that kind of player at most every position, like we're at a convenience store or somethin', and....

just ain't the case, so appreciate your naming players Ninj.... makes it easier to gauge where someone is really coming from, and if they've done any research.

case in point.... Moreau seems like a King replacement, no ??

https://www.fanaticalyankee.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/fabian-moreau-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft

UCLA's Fabian Moreau 2017 NFL Draft Scouting Report (withthefirstpick.com)

Scouting Report: Fabian Moreau : Saints (reddit.com)

my concern w/him is that he's more athlete than footballer, and also would be wary of anyone that Rivera demotes to the bench, as think RR has a good eye for talent ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

also want to say thanx for naming players, as so many of us here say we want this 'n that kind of player at most every position, like we're at a convenience store or somethin', and....

just ain't the case, so appreciate your naming players Ninj.... makes it easier to gauge where someone is really coming from, and if they've done any research.

https://www.fanaticalyankee.com/nfl-draft-scouting-reports/fabian-moreau-scouting-report-2017-nfl-draft

my concern w/him is that he's more athlete than footballer, and also would be wary of anyone that Rivera demotes to the bench, as think RR has a good eye for talent ??
          I won't be heartbroken if Turner, Williams and Hayward are gone. I mean, thats 35m of cap space that as you and TopCat have stated, would go towards ascending players. It just opens three holes though and I am not the biggest fan of filling with free agents - at least high dollar ones. As that business model usually doesn't work.

I think two of them will be back and in order - would take Turner first , Williams second, Hayward third. And yes, if you can get Juju for the same money as MW - get JuJu

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

I’m weary of cutting any Oline talent, specifically Turner since he should be in his prime, regardless if they’re overpaid.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Hayward has worn out, we saw it start last year and this year its more obvious. That will only get worse next year, he’s not longer able to play lockdown corner so its time to move on. Turner never even showed up to play, i kind of hate the guy for never showing up. I move on from him too, MW, i still like the guy - not $15M like, would need a better contract.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• like54ninjas
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Oct 2017
                • Great White North
                • Draftnik
                • Send PM

Moreau had a really solid 2018 season, decline in 2019, and has performed well in 2020 but in a very limited role for the WFT. I loved his athletic profile coming out and has the speed to help matchup in the AFCW. A short term prove it deal for decent money. Upside for the team and player. Draft 1-2 more this year with speed and coverage chops and within a year or two we have answers to the speed in our division.
                My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                K9
                Nasir
                Tillery
                Parham
                Reed

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

if I'm Jax, am taking the sure thing in Sewell and then trading back up into the QB derby.

would not be surprised to see SF trade up for Zach Wilson, and ditto for Rivera moving up for Micah Parsons.

if and when Fields is still on the board when we select, hope we trade down as am hoping for something similar to our Cromartie/Marcus McNeill draft.... CB/OL one/two.
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Topcat
                    AKA "Pollcat"
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I won't be heartbroken if Turner, Williams and Hayward are gone. I mean, thats 35m of cap space that as you and TopCat have stated, would go towards ascending players. It just opens three holes though and I am not the biggest fan of filling with free agents - at least high dollar ones. As that business model usually doesn't work.

I think two of them will be back and in order - would take Turner first , Williams second, Hayward third. And yes, if you can get Juju for the same money as MW - get JuJu
                    For the record, I'd like to sign Mike Will for a team-friendly deal. But I realize you can't sign everyone to monster deals. And Herbie is the kind of QB who can make even an average wideout look good...so, if Williams finds a better deal somewhere else, so be it...

Comment

• beachcomber
                      & ramblin' man
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

we've had good luck @the #5 spot.... Jammer, LT, Seau, Billy Ray.

Comment

• ghost
                        The Rise of Kellen Moore
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Chase Young - Height 6′ 5″, Weight 265 lbs 40 Time: NDA

Micah Parsons - Height 6′ 3″, Weight 245 lbs 40 time: 4.24

Parsons played DE in high school. Penn St. wanted another Lavar Arrington. They got one and he's too much of a physical freak to play off-the-ball LB in the NFL.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Chase Young - Height 6′ 5″, Weight 265 lbs 40 Time: NDA

Micah Parsons - Height 6′ 3″, Weight 245 lbs 40 time: 4.24

Parsons played DE in high school. Penn St. wanted another Lavar Arrington. They got one and he's too much of a physical freak to play off-the-ball LB in the NFL.
                          LOL.
                          Chase Young just manhandles Brandon Knight.
                          Let him try that against LAC offensive tackles.
                          :thumbsup:
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X