• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

OK, thats enough draft simulations for one day. Should last me a month.

4: R1 P4 LB Micah Parsons - Penn State
    36: R2 P4 OT Rashawn Slater - Northwestern
    68: R3 P4 C Josh Myers - Ohio State
    96: R3 P32 RB Chuba Hubbard - Oklahoma State
    106: R4 P4 CB Elijah Molden - Washington
    145: R5 P4 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan
    183: R6 P4 WR Charleston Rambo - Oklahoma
    204: R6 P25 TE Matt Bushman - BYU
    226: R7 P4 LB Damone Clark - LSU

Comment

• Lone Bolt
      Oline-Tip of the Spear...
      • Feb 2019
      • McLean Illinois
      • Pipefitter Illinois State University
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
      OK, thats enough draft simulations for one day. Should last me a month.

4: R1 P4 LB Micah Parsons - Penn State
      36: R2 P4 OT Rashawn Slater - Northwestern
      68: R3 P4 C Josh Myers - Ohio State
      96: R3 P32 RB Chuba Hubbard - Oklahoma State
      106: R4 P4 CB Elijah Molden - Washington
      145: R5 P4 CB Ambry Thomas - Michigan
      183: R6 P4 WR Charleston Rambo - Oklahoma
      204: R6 P25 TE Matt Bushman - BYU
      226: R7 P4 LB Damone Clark - LSU
      NIce...if only it were that easy...
      Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
        The Future is Now
        • Jun 2013
        • Republic of San Diego
        • Send PM

Let's just say I know how to bring the

steak beef GIF

5 Rashawn Slater OT, Northwestern

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class Senior
        • Conf --
        • Jersey--
        • HT6'4"
        • DOB--
        • WT315 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

PROS (+): Think Robert Hunt — he gave me that same kind of vibe. Slater has impressive lateral mobility in the run game and is effective to cross face and rotate defenders out of gaps with consistency. He pairs that with persistent hands and requisite strength in the run game to uproot interior DL or turn out EDGE defenders and gain gaps for his back. He's showcased good urgency to climb off double teams or win real estate in power concepts. I liked how he held his own against Chase Young in protection, he did well to re-anchor after giving up some initial space at first contact. He bullied Stanford defenders, too — he's a blue collar player who plays a scrappy brand of ball and physical teams will appreciate his tone-setting style. He's logged starts on both sides of the line, switching to left tackle in 2019.
        CONS (—): He's a little stiff through his hips, which can prevent him from effectively coiling and leveraging through contact to play with optimal functional strength. Chase Young put him on skates with power rushes on a handful of occasions vs. OSU in 2019 and highlighted some leverage inconsistencies that stem from his tightness here. He's not great on vertical sets to drive for depth and protect against speed off the edge, he's forced to flip and carry rushers quicker than more fluid and loose tackles on the edge. While I think he's got the requisite length and mobility to play tackle, there will likely be a push to play him at guard where his lateral mobility can be more of an asset and protect him from conceding soft edges in protection.

37. Creed Humphrey IOL, Oklahoma

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class RS Junior
        • Conf Big 12
        • Jersey#56
        • HT6'5"
        • DOB--
        • WT316 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Reid

Pros (+): Humphrey’s leadership and smarts are seen on multiple occasions as he’s the one responsible for pointing out MIKE (middle) LBs, which is usually the starting point in various protections. He’s frequently seen communicating up-and-down the line to others, pointing them in proper directions. A credit to his leadership, the Sooners lost four offensive lineman and there wasn’t a significant drop off despite their youth. More of a stick, move, and position type. While performing this type of blocking, Humphrey has the ability to latch and turn the body of blockers. Back blocks on nose tackles are secure and pressure-free. Humphrey’s prior time as a wrestler is used to his advantage as he has a very high amount of awareness of blocking angles and where exactly on each defenders body to attack in order to sustain. Possessing a very mature lower half, he seeks to remove nose tackles from their original spots. Patient in his approach and although physical, he never becomes over-eager to force contact with interior defenders. Having well developed lower body strength, he has the anchor in order to engulf and immediately stymy the path of defensive lineman. Humphrey’s frame and natural strength allow him to sustain, shuffle, and mirror movements of the opposition immediately after contact all while remaining engaged.
        Cons (–): Left handed center. This may be an adjustment for right handed quarterbacks because of the different initial spin upon catching the ball from the shotgun (Extra Note). His momentum can get the best of him when. Humphrey can get caught leaning into blocks heavily, which lead to him falling uncontrollably into areas. Because he controls the snap, he often attempts to get an early jump on blocks. Quick arm over moves have been the easiest way to defeat him and the move he’s been the most susceptible to. He can be a bit too timid when timing his climbs to the second level. It’s evident that he wants to be certain that he doesn’t overrun lateral moving targets, but the timidness results in being inaccurate with covering up linebackers scraping over the top. Not stiff, but climbing vertically can make him look like a bit of a lumberer due to the wariness in delivering contact.

69. Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class Junior
        • Conf Big Ten - West
        • Jersey--
        • HT6'8"
        • DOB--
        • WT400 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Crabbs

PROS (+): Incredible athlete for his stature — he looks every bit of his listed size and he's got the necessary mobility to play at a high level in the pros. Because of his stature, he's got strong arm length and reach to attach to defenders and stay sticky; he pairs that length with necessary hand manipulation at the point of attack to torque and twist defenders out of gaps — including on backside cutoff. His range to climb to the second level is strong and he's capable to working into leverage on playside to cut off linebacker flow. A former rugby player who was unearthed late, his reps of playing the game of football are smaller than most, too — he's got significant untapped potential lying in wait. I appreciate his anchor against power rushers, he'll eat them up effortlessly and is capable of manhandling non-dynamic threats to his space. Has the foot mobility to be a strong pass protector in any style passing offense. Former 4-star recruit who received offers from a who's who of colleges, Faalele lives up to his billing as a unique athlete with all the raw materials needed to be a stalwart tackle.
        CONS (—): Because he's primarily working with a lesser exposure to the game, he has some technical lapses that need to be tended to. While they're easy to clean up, his strike timing and framing versus bursty rushers off the edge did have some negative effects on reps throughout the course of his play in the games studied. He'll need to add more cleanliness to pass sets that test his ability to get depth and protect the outside. When he fails to set the hook with his punch, he can be guilty of dropping his pads over his knees and losing posture; which in turn robs him of his ability to slide and reset himself to recover and establish framing to keep himself attached to defenders.

97 Levi Onwuzurike IDL, Washington

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class RS Senior
        • Conf Pac-12 - North
        • Jersey#95
        • HT6'3"
        • DOB03/02/1998
        • WT288 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Harris

Pros: Levi aligns as the 1 shade or the 0 tech in sub-packages. He is a very good athlete in his lateral agility and balance. He is a strong player with instances of explosive movements on the interior. In the passing game he is good. He affects the depth of the pocket with a bull rush and he puts a lot of pressure on centers after the snap due to his good get off, good hand placement and strength in his hands. Onwuzurkie is excellent against the run. He can 2 gap at the college level but he is not ideally suited for this role in the NFL, as he would not be able to sustain getting hit with consistent lateral pressure. He typically wins his reps against single blocks. He has a very good instinctive feel for where the down block is coming from. On 3rd down he can align as an inside sub rusher from the 0, 1 shade or 3. He gets it done with power, finesse and even as reps affecting the play as a penetrator.
        Cons: Would like to see him get a little heavier. He has reps of getting his pads high and can get pushed back on double teams when hit with lateral pressure. He has some value as an inside rusher and gets pressures but can take the next step by turning those into sacks. Overall, this is a good 3 down interior defensive lineman who has periods of dominance as an inside presence. He is best suited as a single gap player in an even or odd front scheme.

106 Myjai Sanders EDGE, Cincinnati

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class Junior
        • Conf American Athletic - East
        • Jersey#--
        • HT6'5"
        • DOB--
        • WT258 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

TDN

Pros: Myjai has outstanding length for an edge rusher. Long and lean, he has outstanding shore area quickness with an explosive first step. A true speed rusher who shows nuance to his rush. Very good use of hands and can tie his rush moves together seamlessly. Able to attack the outside shoulder with his first step, then quickly counter inside with speed. Rare suddenness for a defensive end. Outstanding effort. Never gives up on a play and will chase the ball 20 yards down the field if need be. Uses his length to his advantage in the run game. Able to keep his pads clean with his lockout and displays violent hands to disengage and make the tackle.
        Cons: Narrow frame and skinny lower half causes issues at the point of attack. Will get walled off and covered up at times and will often lose the leverage battle. Bigger and stronger offensive tackles can have their way with him in the run game if they get their hands on him early. Offers little as a bull rusher and wins with more length than out right power. While he has an outstanding first step, his ability to anticipate the snap leaves a lot to be desired. Will often be late getting set and the ball will be snapped with him still not in his stance. Don’t see a bunch of versatility to his game. I believe he can only play as a 4-3 weak-side end.

145 Tedarrell Slaton IDL, Florida

24/7 HS RANK
        • Class Senior
        • Conf SEC - East
        • Jersey#56
        • HT6'5"
        • DOB--
        • WT358 lbs
        View Full Player Report

ANALYST'S REPORTS

Reid

Pros (+): Slaton is one of the most impressively built interior defensive line prospects that you will see. Listed at nearly 360 pounds, but looks much slimmer than his listed weight. Looks around 330 pounds and carries his weight well with an evenly distributed body structure. Leverage is the name of his game and he often starts low in his stance. He’s able to remain at that level throughout the duration of reps. An extremely powerful player at the point of attack, he makes it difficult for double teams to move him off of his spots. He’s a true head up 0-technique that thrives with maintaining both A gaps. Slaton wins strictly off of bull rush attempts and it’s a method that’s been highly effective for him to this point in his career. He also incorporates a quick swim move when able to jump the snap.
        Cons (–): Treated primarily as a two down defender and he won’t provide much value on third down or obvious passing situations. As a run defender, there are stretches of inconsistencies of where he can make plays while engaged on single blocks, but he fails to make an impact and thus falls victim to run being exploited through his gap. Has the arm strength to reach out and stop rushers in their tracks, but he often doesn’t reach out and make an effort to make those types of plays often. There are periods of where Slaton has struggles with maintaining his balance when knocked out of plays and he has some reps of where he will randomly fall to the ground.

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
        The Wasted Decade is done.
        Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

F21....really like Slater...but at 5? I dunno...I watched a couple of games, I liked what I saw, but a bit raw, and a bit grabby when he get's beat. Love how he moves, though...and always looking to punish somebody...still, he would have to come out and smoke the workouts. I would have liked to see him in the Senior bowl, but he isn't on the list...I'm guessing the guys who opted out for the season don't get an invite? I notice canceled seasons isn't a disqualifier, with ND States Dillon Radunz getting an invite.

Anyway...he shows out big in Indy, maybe...but seems like a bit of a reach. But would love to get his nasty attitude on our line somehow...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
            F21....really like Slater...but at 5? I dunno...I watched a couple of games, I liked what I saw, but a bit raw, and a bit grabby when he get's beat. Love how he moves, though...and always looking to punish somebody...still, he would have to come out and smoke the workouts. I would have liked to see him in the Senior bowl, but he isn't on the list...I'm guessing the guys who opted out for the season don't get an invite? I notice canceled seasons isn't a disqualifier, with ND States Dillon Radunz getting an invite.

Anyway...he shows out big in Indy, maybe...but seems like a bit of a reach. But would love to get his nasty attitude on our line somehow...
            Its early, but somebody is going to step up and be the second top 10 tackle in this draft after the combine. And if you get him in the first, Creed is potentially there in the 2nd. And I couldn't resist the big boy Faalele.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Its early, but somebody is going to step up and be the second top 10 tackle in this draft after the combine. And if you get him in the first, Creed is potentially there in the 2nd. And I couldn't resist the big boy Faalele.
              Like I said...really like him. He and Wyatt Davis are two favorites of mine (outside of Sewell, of course) when disregarding where we are actually drafting...and both favorites of mine in the fantasy trade down scenario.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

I heard Faalele isn’t coming out

1. Sewell
                2. Creed

speak it into existence
                2024: Far From Over

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

image_2020-12-15_201339.png

Picture, if you will, Kenneth Murray Jr. and Micah Parsons in the same front seven. Yeah, baby, yeah.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

This list is really pointless until the last week because there are so many sucky teams with 3 games to go. I can see us clearing the deck because winning meaningless games is what Lynn does. We'll draft in the 10-12 range so drafting micah is off the books. Raiders suck and denver is below average. Kansas City might play half ass if they have clinched the first round bye week and the charger players treat this like their superbowl.
                    there is a rule of thumb that says LBs don't go top ten.... recall @least one that was superhyped and went top ten, and was pretty much a flop, and then there was.... Jr.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• gzubeck
                      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Tucson, AZ
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

there is a rule of thumb that says LBs don't go top ten.... recall @least one that was superhyped and went top ten, and was pretty much a flop, and then there was.... Jr.
                      Super freak Talented players go top ten no matter what but then again Mahomes didn't so anything is possible if we draft at 10. If 4 QB's go top ten then anything is possible but if he's #5 draft grade and somebody wants him before we pick I'm not gonna hold my breath in anticipation.
                      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Agreed Herbert should have input picking wrs with the skills he likes. It appears Herbert likes guys that get separation more than guys he has to throw open.
                        Not really aware of Herbert’s scouting acumen, so not sure if he should be in charge of the draft board. But this is newsbreaking - so you’re saying he’s a QB that likes receivers that get open? Can you think of any QBs that don’t?
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Not really aware of Herbert’s scouting acumen, so not sure if he should be in charge of the draft board. But this is newsbreaking - so you’re saying he’s a QB that likes receivers that get open? Can you think of any QBs that don’t?
                          Rivers. Rivers likes guys that catch whatever he puts out there. He throws if, you catch it. Period.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X