• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Topcat
    AKA "Pollcat"
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    I used two different simulators and went BPA considering needs but mostly considering BPA getting talent over needs sometime plunking the player at the top of the player pool if i liked him.

These are two different simulators in the rankings are different, so if I knew them i picked a player ranked a little lower in the the simulator ranks that I liked better than some other guys ahead of them from me liking them better but I'm not familiar with them all.

FIRST one has a trade down shown in the attachment. Couldnt get this to work the way i wanted on Mobile....as usual....and i couldnt post all the picks but this is good enough.
    Older guys like me, ...click on attachment on the other one to make it bigger to see.

Note: Simulator one offers trades, Simulator two does not. I have to offer trades.

Screenshot_20201225-161644.png

Screenshot_20201225-163102.png
    Like the double-dip at OT in that first mock...

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Big fan of Farley, TRYON, Cox, and Marquez Stevenson.
      I certainly wouldn’t be too upset.
      Not sure if some will be there though lol. Like Cosmi. Cox is rarely there at #107. 8 of 10 times he isn't, so I'm not sure what good these are as a tool.
      On the Sim below it, they rank him even a little higher for good reason imo.

I really like Dazz Newsome as a WR to name another WR. He pretty much plays the slot but he has some good speed and YAC ability.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Baby Gronk!! Pat Freiremuth is a luxury pick in the second...but I sure like it.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
          • Feb 2019
          • McLean Illinois
          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good scout's eyes !
          ATM I have DeVonta Smith
          ​​​​due to talent level
          or
          Samuel Cosmi to LAC @#9.
          Plug n play OLT Day 1.
          ​​​​Others are not.
          We must have nothing less.
          No developmental OL !
          DeVonta Smith over Waddle? Just curious. I like Waddle myself, but there is no denying the production and polish you get with Smith. A nice compliment and eventual successor to KA, I wouldn't hate the pick....we'll see how the cards fall.

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
            • Feb 2019
            • McLean Illinois
            • Send PM

Falling down the draft board is a bit of a bummer, knowing we may lose out on a couple of prospects...but the bright side is, for entertainment purposes, of course, I have been forced to broaden my board, and do the film thing on some more prospects. Warming up to Paye as a terrific compliment to Bosa, and member of the DE rotation...

If our new DC is running a 3-4 vs a 4-3 however....I might look hard at Zaven Collins. Some would argue this is early, but if my board is gone, I think he would be a great piece in that defense, and he wouldn't last to the second.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

As of now, I don't see anyone the Chargers absolutely have to have at their draft position.
              Micah Parsons comes closest....he's really explosive.
              I saw him give a swim move on an OG that really provided interior pressure
              I didn't see that at all from Kwitty Paye. I'd prefer Basham in the 2nd round.
              Not crazy about Farley or Surtain.

I'd consider trading down and getting the best lineman on the board

1. Micah Parsons
              2. R Slater

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Kwitty Paye not on my list. Hopefully someone drafts him ahead of us....but dont see how.

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  As of now, I don't see anyone the Chargers absolutely have to have at their draft position.
                  Micah Parsons comes closest....he's really explosive.
                  I saw him give a swim move on an OG that really provided interior pressure
                  I didn't see that at all from Kwitty Paye. I'd prefer Basham in the 2nd round.
                  Not crazy about Farley or Surtain.

I'd consider trading down and getting the best lineman on the board

1. Micah Parsons
                  2. R Slater
                  Not good to move down as the best linemen are moving up. Thats two ships passing in the night.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

DeVonta Smith over Waddle? Just curious. I like Waddle myself, but there is no denying the production and polish you get with Smith. A nice compliment and eventual successor to KA, I wouldn't hate the pick....we'll see how the cards fall.
                    DeVonta Smith is moving up on a lot of boards. I would now consider him over JaMarr Chase. He is that good.

Help Herb...our draft mantra...OL and a little more weaponry.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Tol
                      From Accounting
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Carlsbad
                      • Send PM

Tried 2 different draft philosophies on TheDraftNetwork.

First, offense/weapons: Pitts for the mismatch opportunities. Kelce has bailed Mahomes out so much this year, and Waller has had big games for LV. Athletic TE's are the future. Harris because teams that usually go to and win the SB, have good running games.

9. Kyle Pitts TE, Florida
                      41. Najee Harris RB, Alabama
                      73. Walker Little OT, Stanford
                      97. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh

Second, defense/trenches: I went with Cosmi for the upside/future (top 15 OT in 2022?), but insert your OT2 if you want. Quality DL trenchers and youth at CB. Play good D and give Herbert more chances with basically what he has now.

9. Sam Cosmi OT, Texas
                      41. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
                      73. Levi Onwuzurike DT, Washington
                      97.Chase Lucas CB, Arizona State

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post
                        Tried 2 different draft philosophies on TheDraftNetwork.

First, offense/weapons: Pitts for the mismatch opportunities. Kelce has bailed Mahomes out so much this year, and Waller has had big games for LV. Athletic TE's are the future. Harris because teams that usually go to and win the SB, have good running games.

9. Kyle Pitts TE, Florida
                        41. Najee Harris RB, Alabama
                        73. Walker Little OT, Stanford
                        97. Rashad Weaver EDGE, Pittsburgh

Second, defense/trenches: I went with Cosmi for the upside/future (top 15 OT in 2022?), but insert your OT2 if you want. Quality DL trenchers and youth at CB. Play good D and give Herbert more chances with basically what he has now.

9. Sam Cosmi OT, Texas
                        41. Patrick Jones II EDGE, Pittsburgh
                        73. Levi Onwuzurike DT, Washington
                        97.Chase Lucas CB, Arizona State
                        EXACTLY !
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Pitts would be an acceptable exception to my trench mandate. I see that kid dominating defenses for a decade.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X