• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maniaque 6
    French Speaking Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Québec city
    • Send PM

Seems to me that Darrisaw, Little and Sarrel are not #13 stuff.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
      Seems to me that Darrisaw, Little and Sarrel are not #13 stuff.
      What's the earliest you would draft each approximately?
      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

I love how people think we have to select a LT at 13...otherwise, we will be settling for 2nd tier. I got news for you all...after Sewell and Slater, they are all second tier. I would take AVT at 13 depending on who is left...but not as a 10-12 year LT...as a future all pro LG.

Darrisaw, Cosmi, Eich, Leatherwood, Little, Jenkings...they are all very promising prospects with "warts", as another poster on here called it...they have flaws. Doesn't mean they can't start in this league, doesn't even mean they can't start right away...just means they need work, might not be great right away, and have a slight risk of busting. They all got some question marks. I don't care if some pundits want to shoehorn a couple of those names into the mid first round because they faced a couple of promising edge prospects(not blue chip prospects, by any means), they are all roughly at the same overall talent level, each with different strengths and weaknesses.

What's my point? My point is, at least half these guys are gonna be available when we pick in the second round, so why the hell should we panic, and reach for one of them at 13, just so we can say we are protecting Herbert? Look...maybe the draft goes down in such a way that one of those guys will be one of the BPAs...in that case, sure...why not? But if a Parsons or Farley or Surtain or Chase or Pitts or AVT fall to us, I'm not passing on one of those guys for fucking Cosmi or Darrisaw, just so we can say we got a first round LT...GTFO with that "cut your nose off to spite your face" stuff...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Topcat
          AKA "Pollcat"
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

funny until it happens. "weren't great" is an understatement, they were bad or unavailable.
          JH is too important to take unnecessary risks imo
          speaking just for me im not comfortable going into round two targeting Little because we went defense day 1 trying to maximize draft positioning we screwed up in the first place by winning 4 meaningless games, yes, still upset about that haha
          every year there will be some flashy defender or skill guy in the 1st that will "put us over the top" it's a joke
          were trying to cheat our way out of having to build a solid oline
          the focus on the first round is because we dont have a single OL guy that can be a foundational piece
          again, it ultimately depends on TTs rankings, but I dont trust him to pick horse from shit
          OT is a must in round 1 and I think it'll happen
          ^ This. The argument that Herbie hasn't gotten hurt yet, so therefore our O-line is good enough, could prove fallacious over time. It's like a habitual drunk driver saying, "I've never been caught by the cops, never got into an accident, so I'll just keep on drinking and driving." Sure, it hasn't happened YET, but the law of averages will most probably catch up. We don't need Herbie turning into another Andrew Luck retiring due to repeated injuries. PROTECT 10!!! DRAFT AN OT IN ROUND ONE!!!

Comment

• Topcat
            AKA "Pollcat"
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

funny until it happens. "weren't great" is an understatement, they were bad or unavailable.
            JH is too important to take unnecessary risks imo
            speaking just for me im not comfortable going into round two targeting Little because we went defense day 1 trying to maximize draft positioning we screwed up in the first place by winning 4 meaningless games, yes, still upset about that haha
            every year there will be some flashy defender or skill guy in the 1st that will "put us over the top" it's a joke
            were trying to cheat our way out of having to build a solid oline
            the focus on the first round is because we dont have a single OL guy that can be a foundational piece
            again, it ultimately depends on TTs rankings, but I dont trust him to pick horse from shit
            OT is a must in round 1 and I think it'll happen
            ^ This. The argument that Herbie hasn't gotten hurt yet, so therefore our O-line is good enough, could prove fallacious over time. It's like a habitual drunk driver saying, "I've never been caught by the cops, never got into an accident, so I'll just keep on drinking and driving." Sure, it hasn't happened YET, but the law of averages will most probably catch up. We don't need Herbie turning into another Andrew Luck retiring due to repeated injuries. PROTECT 10!!! DRAFT AN OT IN ROUND ONE!!!

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
              I love how people think we have to select a LT at 13...otherwise, we will be settling for 2nd tier. I got news for you all...after Sewell and Slater, they are all second tier. I would take AVT at 13 depending on who is left...but not as a 10-12 year LT...as a future all pro LG.

Darrisaw, Cosmi, Eich, Leatherwood, Little, Jenkings...they are all very promising prospects with "warts", as another poster on here called it...they have flaws. Doesn't mean they can't start in this league, doesn't even mean they can't start right away...just means they need work, might not be great right away, and have a slight risk of busting. They all got some question marks. I don't care if some pundits want to shoehorn a couple of those names into the mid first round because they faced a couple of promising edge prospects(not blue chip prospects, by any means), they are all roughly at the same overall talent level, each with different strengths and weaknesses.

What's my point? My point is, at least half these guys are gonna be available when we pick in the second round, so why the hell should we panic, and reach for one of them at 13, just so we can say we are protecting Herbert? Look...maybe the draft goes down in such a way that one of those guys will be one of the BPAs...in that case, sure...why not? But if a Parsons or Farley or Surtain or Chase or Pitts or AVT fall to us, I'm not passing on one of those guys for fucking Cosmi or Darrisaw, just so we can say we got a first round LT...GTFO with that "cut your nose off to spite your face" stuff...
              Jeremiah has AVT ranked #14 in his top 50...slots nicely to us at #13...

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Agreed, however for better or worse our team is being built now around Justin Herbert. We need the top Olineman & WR's and RB's now. Does anyone like the idea of a combo of Najee Harris doing the workhorse running with Austin being our 3rd down back. Will Najee be there at pick 13?
                Najee isn’t the best RB in this draft. He had the benefit of running behind a monster O-line. I wouldn’t really want him at pick 45.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Some front offices may not even view Walker Little as the best tackle at Stanford, draft scouts too:

SPOILEREri2GAHW8AAZQEH.jpg
                  I kept on seeing Foster Sarrell let his qb get hit or on the ground.

I don't think its even close.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I never said it was good enough. Never implied that.

I'm just saying that if we don't get a OT in the first round, it isn't the end of the world and there are successful starting LT in the league that are second and third round picks and Herbert won't be in any more danger for it.

Rivers started 242,....or there abouts, straight games for us with no first round LT and isn't near as mobile as Herbert.

TT said the OL needs to get better. I hope it comes true however he does it.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-27-2021, 11:51 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I never said it was good enough. Never implied that.

I'm just saying that if we don't get a OT in the first round, it isn't the end of the world and there are successful starting LT in the league that are second and third round picks and Herbert won't be in any more danger for it.

Rivers started 242,....or there abouts, straight games for us with no first round LT and isn't near as mobile as Herbert.

TT said the OL needs to get better. I hope it comes true however he does it.
                      Do you honestly trust TT to select a starting LT in any round outside of the first?
                      And by starting I mean, deserve to start in the NFL and not just over Tevi, pretty sure a day 3 guy can technically start over Tevi tomorrow
                      Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Do you honestly trust TT to select a starting LT in any round outside of the first?
                        And by starting I mean, deserve to start in the NFL and not just over Tevi, pretty sure a day 3 guy can technically start over Tevi tomorrow
                        Gonna have to. The one OT he did draft in the first(Fluker) wasn't that great either.
                        Telesco is due lol

Comment

• like54ninjas
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Oct 2017
                          • Great White North
                          • Draftnik
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Tol View Post

Some front offices may not even view Walker Little as the best tackle at Stanford, draft scouts too:

SPOILEREri2GAHW8AAZQEH.jpg

He had 1 bad game in college. 2018 vs ND.
                          In the 9 games that followed, included his lone 2019 game vs NW, he gave up 0 sacks, 3 pressures, and had 67 domination blocks

Career Accolades
                          • Pac-12 Fall Academic Honor Roll (2019)
                          • All-Pac-12 first team (2018)
                          • Pac-12 All-Academic honorable mention (2018)
                          • All-Pac-12 honorable mention (2017)
                          • Pac-12 Freshman Offensive Co-Player of the Year (2017)
                          • ESPN Freshman All-America (2017)
                          • Stanford's first true freshman to start at left tackle since 2000 (Kirk Chambers)
                          As a Senior (2020)
                          • Outland Trophy watch list
                          • Reese's Senior Bowl Top 250 watch list
                          • Preseason All-America second team (Walter Camp Football Foundation)
                          • Preseason All-America second team (Phil Steele)
                          • Preseason All-America fourth team (Athlon)
                          • Preseason All-Pac-12 first team (Phil Steele)
                          • Preseason All-Pac-12 second team (A
                          My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                          K9
                          Nasir
                          Tillery
                          Parham
                          Reed

Comment

Working...
                          X