• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Couple of real solid gold nuggets right there, wood.
    I concur.
    In your view, who is press coverage only ?
    Who is scheme flexible ?
    Surtain ?
    Horn ?
    Farley ?

I sure have been smelling something different...Samuel TBH.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Parcells
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think that even if Atlanta decides they don’t want a QB, they’d be foolish to stay at four and take a non-QB. It’s a lock that QBs go 1-2-3. I think it’s highly likely that they go 1-2-3-4. Then it comes down to the Bengals. If they want Sewell at 5, it’s not meant to be. But I think they’re gonna go Chase, and the Dolphins will go Pitts. Detroit is where we should be looking at a trade up, and if not Detroit, they’re gonna go WR. So then we try to make a move with Carolina.

The point is, I think that if we want Sewell, there’s a strong chance he slips to at least 7 or 8, and the trade up there is gonna be less. And if we’re bidding against another team for a trade up, it’s probably gonna be a team going’s after the fifth QB.

Comment

• like54ninjas
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Oct 2017
        • Great White North
        • Draftnik
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

In your view, who is press coverage only ?
        Who is scheme flexible ?
        Surtain ?
        Horn ?
        Farley ?

I sure have been smelling something different...Samuel TBH.
        Horn has the longest way to go and is a M2M guy at this point.
        Surtain and Farley can play anything with Farley having the highest ceiling but medical concerns.
        Stokes, Campbell and Joseph can all play well in combo coverages. Joseph has mental lapses that have resulted in personal fouls which concerns me.
        Melifonwu is my favorite for us as I like him as PCB, NCB, DS in disguise coverages, and the kid is an impact tackler.
        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
        K9
        Nasir
        Tillery
        Parham
        Reed

Comment

• DragonIce
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Mar 2021
          • Arizona
          • Send PM

Houston wanted a premium tackle real bad...spent two firsts to get him. (trade w/Miami)

They proceeded to go 4-12, and their "consolation prize" was watching Miami turn that Tunsil trade bounty into yet MORE first round picks. If some of you Sewell-chasers get your way, we could see a repeat of the story. It's not pretty, and it ain't fun.

Let the draft come to you. Don't chase.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I dont know. I just know they are taking calls. Be pretty expensive to get to 4. Really have to rely on Free Agency during Herberts rookie contract. Which wont be that difficult if the cap goes up big in 2022.

Is a trade for Orlando better for a long term draft roster build? You make that trade its likely less draft capital...but he gets the big contract. Trading up for Sewell would be massive draft capital. 2 #1's is the base of that deal obviously. But that wont be enough. Do you trade 3 1's to get to 4? Take another 2 at least.
            We need a "don't like" button too..........

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
              Houston wanted a premium tackle real bad...spent two firsts to get him. (trade w/Miami)

They proceeded to go 4-12, and their "consolation prize" was watching Miami turn that Tunsil trade bounty into yet MORE first round picks. If some of you Sewell-chasers get your way, we could see a repeat of the story. It's not pretty, and it ain't fun.

Lol.....apples and oranges. We aren't the Texans....that team is trash, roster, coaches, and front office....Watson and Watt aside....and Watt is gone, while Watson most definitely isn't getting a "Happy Ending"....don't know how you can compare the two.
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

You can play press but then you get run over by NE’s running game, which is what happened. Then you play the CBs off to help against the running game, and Brady/Edelman eats you alive. No win situation. It feels like they did try to adjust but by then they were so behind at the start of the second half already, it didn’t matter unless the offense started picking up also.
                He didn’t adjust until they had 35 points. i don’t care about their beastly run game, and yes we were depleted at LB. But Bradys bread and butter for well over a decade, and how he won rings, was his short underneath pass attack. it is his most effective game, and he’s played it longer than most players have eve been in the league.

If you are DC, you cannot just watch run 5 consecutive drives in the first half quickly marching up and down the field running his bread and butter underneath pass game without an adjustment while leaving all of your DBs > 8 yards off the LOS. which is exactly what Gus did. You HAVE to take away Brady’s short pass game first, then figure out steps 2, 3, 4 ... as needed. Oh, and having 5+ DBs 8 yards off the LOS is not very effective rush defense either.

I will go to my grave certain it was the single worst defensive plan in the history of modern football. He didn’t adjust until after halftime, and while all can debate forever how damaging their increased rush attack was in the 2nd half, if Brady could have marched up and down the field to score 5 more TDs, he would have. Instead they scored 6 points in the 2nd half.

35 in first half with short pass attack, his namesake
                6 pants in 2nd half with “bruising rush attack”

hmmm ...
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• WindsorUK
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Windsor, U.K.
                  • Send PM

Surely Atlanta will take a QB, right?
                  Anyone who watched Matt Ryan against our D last year knows the Falcons are desperate for an upgrade.
                  At the time I was questioning if he was actually throwing the game - he was THAT bad!
                  Regardless of dead cap space, Ryan gives them no chance. Cheaper to pay him off then waste 3 more years with him at the controls.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Duke Tobin,
                    Bengals Director of Player Personnel,
                    says they "won't get greedy"
                    as far as trading out of the #5
                    spot in this here draft goes.

I think that's nice...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post

I agree - I wish Telesco would not fall in love with players. Fall in like with a lot of them - do your job dude - -don't bail and take the easy way and trade up as you can only identify one player. He has not done a good job of evaluating players he trades up for. So at worst, get more picks, more chances, not less. As when Telesco trades up - its almost losing two draft picks, not one.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Horn has the longest way to go and is a M2M guy at this point.
                        Surtain and Farley can play anything with Farley having the highest ceiling but medical concerns.
                        Stokes, Campbell and Joseph can all play well in combo coverages. Joseph has mental lapses that have resulted in personal fouls which concerns me.
                        Melifonwu is my favorite for us as I like him as PCB, NCB, DS in disguise coverages, and the kid is an impact tackler.
                        Great info Sir !

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

I still say Bengals and Panthers do NOT go OT at their current top 10 spots.

Bengals
                          --Jonah Williams
                          --Riley Reiff
                          --Hakeem Adeniji

Panthers
                          --Taylor Moton
                          --Cam Erving
                          --Greg Little

Comment

Working...
                          X