Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

I agree..... Polian has always said college OT's with short arms will move to OG...... There is a career OL coach who is a regular guest on sinus NFL radio and he loves Slater as a guard in NFL , says he cannot play LT because his arms are too short..... Slater and the USC kid will be great guards in NFL but not great LT's.... Slater only played against Young for 3 total plays so the idea that Slater blocked Young was way over blown.....

If Chargers draft OT in round one, it better be Sewell or Darishaw...... .... if both are gone, then take best CB or pass rusher..... then in 2nd or 3rd take the OT from Stanford...... he is worth a gamble for greatness if he is healthy.....
    And it’s worth repeating that it was and always will be one game, but many had his canton bust polished based off of that game.
    wts, he’s going to be a stud LG and I wouldn’t be shocked to see Cincinnati go with him for just that and his versatility
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt Dude
      Draftnik
      • Oct 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Far cry from a few months ago when Simms had Slater > Sewell

now it looks like Darrisaw has a chance to get drafted before Slater
      Glad he sees the same things I see in Darrisaw. Makes me feel like I’m not completely crazy. Sometimes this forum makes me doubt my own sanity.
      Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Glad he sees the same things I see in Darrisaw. Makes me feel like I’m not completely crazy. Sometimes this forum makes me doubt my own sanity.
        Well if you are, you’re not alone.
        Simms put it well, whenever CD got beat, it never looked like it was because he was lacking something, just made a mistake of some kind
        wasnt because he wasn’t strong, skilled or fast enough.
        just hope no one jumps in front of us for him at 12

Edit: imo there are 4 and only 4 first round LT talents that project to remain at LT

Sewell
        Darrisaw
        Little
        Cosmi

in that order.

everyone else are either future RTs or OGs imho

the other LTs that can likely stick at LT are day 2 prospects/projects
        Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DragonIce View Post
          I know, I know. You want SEXY in the draft. You view Sewell as the unattainable chick you want to sell your soul to acquire. Little memo:
          Tackles ain't sexy. They can't block multiple defensive ends, they can't score, they don't catch passes, throw the ball, nor do they generally look great in short skirts.

You gotta have enough good lineman, no doubt! But the greatest tackle in the universe isn't much different than a top 10 tackle when it comes to winning.

Tackles are facilitators. Playmakers are playmaker$.
          Huh.

What wa$ Trent William$ new deal worth again?

$138 million dollar$ ???

That $eem$ pretty $exy to me.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
            Draftnik
            • Oct 2020
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Well if you are, you’re not alone.
            Simms put it well, whenever CD got beat, it never looked like it was because he was lacking something, just made a mistake of some kind
            wasnt because he wasn’t strong, skilled or fast enough.
            just hope no one jumps in front of us for him at 12

Edit: imo there are 4 and only 4 first round LT talents that project to remain at LT

Sewell
            Darrisaw
            Little
            Cosmi

in that order.

everyone else are either future RTs or OGs imho

the other LTs that can likely stick at LT are day 3 prospects/projects
            I just think CD’s play translates to the NFL game better than any other OT except Sewell.

Slater could be better—he’s a better athlete with better technique and his blocks are more accurate in space.

But dammit, I want anchor and leg drive!

Comment

• DragonIce
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Mar 2021
              • Arizona
              • Send PM

I value Chris Simm's opinion when he's talking QBs and receivers.

With lineman...he's out of his lane. Not once did he mention technical skill, which is half of what makes o-lineman great. And exactly where Slater excels.

Comment

• DragonIce
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Mar 2021
                • Arizona
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post
                he loves Slater as a guard in NFL , says he cannot play LT because his arms are too short.....
                I guess top pick Chase Young didn't get the memo.

Slater dominated Young in college...and everyone else. Superior athlete w/superior understanding of the position.

Look, the long arms thing, is a real deal, but there isn't a single o-lineman in this class with a higher floor than Slater. He is the ultimate Silencer...makes defenders irrelevant...puts them in deep freeze.

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

Jeremiah has Darrisaw ranked 36. Dropped him 10 spots.

Opinions are everywhere and not saying Sims isn't right but Jeremiah was a professional scout. Seems odd DJ has Slater ahead of Sewell and Darrisaw so low while Sims has Slater the 5th best OL and Darrisaw #2.

Idk... Many we should go back a few years and look at Jeremiah's top 50.

Zeirlein's OL rankings has Sewell a 6.73 and Slater a 6.70. Here are some others from him.

Screenshot_20210406-235024.png

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Derwin's reaction...it's irrefutable, indisputable...it's...science.

:chuckle:

#jok@#13
                      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Simms is a mediocre pundit who uses his name and contrary views and projections to stir buzz and attract attention to himself. You people don't even know what you have as an athlete in Darrisaw...he didn't even work out. Farley has a procedure and misses workouts, and starts falling down boards....Darrisaw has a procedure and can't workout....and he climbs? LOL....people on here are so afraid we are gonna miss out on Sewell or Slater, they are wishing Darrisaw into a prospect he isn't, so we can have a viable option at #13 for LT....now to the point they are saying he is better than Slater...nuts.

If I'm wrong, and Slater isn't gonna thrive at tackle...so what? You are better off taking him or AVT, putting them at LG, and putting Feiler at LT for a year or two while you develop a later round pick there, or continue the search in the next draft...I guarantee Feiler would out perform a rookie Darrisaw.

Plenty of Darrisaw level talent in the second....guys who know how to hit the gym to prepare for the draft, without giving themselves a hernia.

We do the work on Darrisaw, fall in love with him, and take him....so be it....I'll buy in then. But better than Slater? It's not even close.

Hell, let's not forget Jenkins....worse case scenario, I think he ends up average at LT if he can't put it all together consistently...which is still a hell of an upgrade than what we are used to...so he holds it down there, for a year or two, until you can develop a later round guy, or try again next draft, then Jenkins can slide back over to RT when Bulaga leaves...

Anything but a desperate reach for Darrisaw.
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Derwin's reaction...it's irrefutable, indisputable...it's...science.

:chuckle:

#jok@#13
                          LOL...that was awesome. JOK is just a dark horse prediction temporarily in my sig...outside chance at best we take him....but even with the Bolt's great needs at LT and CB, you just can't dislike a pick like that at #13. Special player.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X