• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beachcomber
    & ramblin' man
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

NT Linval * would like Tyler Shelvin in the draft, but guessin’ he could be the odd man out w/our first four or so selections, and will instead add yet another need to my FA list, as would like to upgrade/replace []

3T Justin Jones, Cortez * gonna make do here ‘til things flesh out some, as not interested in dumping more draft capital into the starting group on the DL

DE Jerry, Rochell * Tillery gets pressure, he just needs to become more cognizant re: setting the edge…. he’s gonna do ‘til proven otherwise, as am not overly enamored w/the Edge group this go ‘round

LEO Joey, Uchenna * not married to Nwosu here if we decide that someone in this group is a must get…. personally don’t see that guy, but darn sure not wanting to put the one of Jerry or Justin on the pine, after spending decent draft capital there, and don’t think we’re that bad, as long as Bosa stays relatively healthy

SAM Emeke * just got a feelin’ that Kyzir ain’t gonna be back, and not sure who will spell Mr. White, albeit will add yet another FA need to my offseason list, as am good w/Egbule here for now

MIKE Denzel, Palaie Gaoteote * if he comes out, think he might require our third, and am spending the such and without hesitation, ‘specially coz Mr. Perryman has been known to take a game and several few off over pretty much each and every season, and…. love me some hot knife thru LOS butter

WIL Murray, Nick Vigil, Drue Tranquill * know you guys continue to slobber over Tranqky Tranq, and…. not only is his health history second to none, he just isn’t the coverage LB that you make him out to be, and wish it was otherwise, but am putting Nick in front of him on the depth chart, and hoping that Kenneth takes a step up in pass coverage next season, and that we get better safety play on top of that

SS Derwin, Deablo Divine, Alohi * not sure that Rayshawn doesn’t get signed somewhere else, and won’t blink as see some talent in the draft here, not to mention wanting to hedge against Derwin’s health concerns

FS Hamsah Nasirildeen, the Nas * Adderley is either hurt more oft than not, or just isn’t up to NFL speed quite yet, and hence the hedge @his position, which could be the either of Nasirildeen or Divine, if we are able to land the both of ‘em, which just might not be so feasible come the draft weekend

CB Facyson, Eric Stokes, Coby Bryant, Mike D. * yeah, pretty bleak on paper, and maybe you bring Casey back, but don’t think that’s how things are stacking up/unfolding atm, as would look for Stokes very early and Bryant day three, along w/an SCB outta FA, unless eye ended up w/Shaun Wade somehow
    RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The Chargers can do one of two things with Turner:
      1) re-do his contract to lower the cap number
      2) sign a guy in FA and release him after for the cap space

I wouldn't release Turner unless they had a body signed - not just a plan - but an actual player.
      have liked John Miller since he came out in the draft, and of whom has been a little up and down in the league from what I recall, albeit think he is coming into his own about now ??

is there any there FA that you're keeping watch on ??

and re: 1) am not doin' that unless eye am sold on his productivity/availability, and of which I am not, so just like MW, not interested in redoing his contract.... am out for a bonanza, in both the draft and in FA
      RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

I doubt we draft the way you'd like us too.

Your way of drafting two safeties i just dont see happening. Doubt we draft any really if Jenkins is resigned and a CB is a much bigger need. Id love an awesome OL and maybe a OT and a OC which we need in the draft but three OL and a DT i dont see. Year three for Tillery is crucial for him. Hopefully he is one of those 3rd year is the charm DLs.

We do need a Edge rusher badly, not sure why you dont see that.
        Some of these i think we will get in FA'cy, just dont know which ones.

I do know we wont spend big. Cant spend big.
        agree, think we see some casualties in the DB ranks, and @both S and CB, as not sure that Rayshawn is gonna make it back, and ditto for Hayward, and have no interest in retaining/resigning Harris.

and not drafting for need, as see two very good safety prospects that very well fit what we need, in the both of Nasirildeen and Deablo, so gonna let the draft come to me there, and....

re: CB, see some talent early and then later, but not so much day two, so looking for a Hayward/King replacement (very) early, and then depth later there, and agree again that....

DT might be the odd man out for me, as think there is an OT early, an OC right after that and then an OG round three, if that is how we go about our biz and don't trade down.

am looking OG John Miller in FA, and of course we're all on hopium re: Tiilery taking a (big) step up next season, and....

not anywhere near as anti SupaMel as you are, and am willing to get by this next season w/the both of Nwosu and Bosa @LEO 'til someone who I feel more strongly about shows up/makes their presence known

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

First we have to see who the DC is. Don't think it's gonna be Gus ifynn is fired.
          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            First we have to see who the DC is. Don't think it's gonna be Gus ifynn is fired.
            yeah.... 'bout ready to do a deep dive, lookin' for a DC.... would like a Rivera/Pete Carroll type, former player, maybe the little bit older/wiser type of coach ??

edit: my choice for DC after a quick perusal would be Chuck Pagano
            Last edited by beachcomber; 12-15-2020, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

have liked John Miller since he came out in the draft, and of whom has been a little up and down in the league from what I recall, albeit think he is coming into his own about now ??

is there any there FA that you're keeping watch on ??

and re: 1) am not doin' that unless eye am sold on his productivity/availability, and of which I am not, so just like MW, not interested in redoing his contract.... am out for a bonanza, in both the draft and in FA
              Thuney would be the upper end type OG
              Maybe Feliciano from the Bills for a lower cost upgrade

And not that the Bills cannot find the cap space to bring back a guy like Feliciano - but they are pretty tight to the cap as of now in 2021. The Chargers do have some cap space - especially if they release Turner. - My guess, the cap hit for Feliciano would be about 75% ($8m max) of what Turner would cost.

Mike Williams - thats a different discussion but I am not sure he is worth 15.6, So between the two players, thats 26m of cap space - and I would think for 16-20m -- the Chargers could possibly upgrade at WR and just get a cheaper option than Turner and have money left over

Tough decisions - but the team cannot keep Williams just to keep a FRP on their roster.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

yeah.... 'bout ready to do a deep dive, lookin' for a DC.... would like a Rivera/Pete Carroll type, former player, maybe the little bit older/wiser type of coach ??

edit: my choice for DC after a quick perusal would be Chuck Pagano
                If Lynn is back and Bradley is let go - I think it might be Rex Ryan or in house with MIlus

Pagano would be a good choice but I think he is with the Bears but if they get a new HC - might be in play

Wade Phillips - granted, how do you play Bosa in a Wade type defense. Granted, Wade would figure it out. Maybe a 3-3-4-Bosa

Comment

• like54ninjas
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Oct 2017
                  • Great White North
                  • Draftnik
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Thuney would be the upper end type OG
                  Maybe Feliciano from the Bills for a lower cost upgrade

And not that the Bills cannot find the cap space to bring back a guy like Feliciano - but they are pretty tight to the cap as of now in 2021. The Chargers do have some cap space - especially if they release Turner. - My guess, the cap hit for Feliciano would be about 75% ($8m max) of what Turner would cost.

Mike Williams - thats a different discussion but I am not sure he is worth 15.6, So between the two players, thats 26m of cap space - and I would think for 16-20m -- the Chargers could possibly upgrade at WR and just get a cheaper option than Turner and have money left over

Tough decisions - but the team cannot keep Williams just to keep a FRP on their roster.
                  Jon Feliciano is a FA I’ve been looking at. Tough, plays thru the whistle, great size/grits/power, and adequate movement skills. Has some injury issues but young ascending dude.
                  My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                  K9
                  Nasir
                  Tillery
                  Parham
                  Reed

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

The spotrac roster/cap builder is good system for the arm chair GMs to build our 2021 roster with salaries factored in.

Remember cap hits can be progressive. So if giving a multi year contract doesn’t have to be equal yearly payouts.

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post
                      The spotrac roster/cap builder is good system for the arm chair GMs to build our 2021 roster with salaries factored in.

Remember cap hits can be progressive. So if giving a multi year contract doesn’t have to be equal yearly payouts.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/ro...chargers/2021/
                      There is cash to the player and cap hits to the team. So somebody can sign a 4/40 (so an AAV of $10m) with a $15m signing bonus and the year 1 cap hit is like $5m. Now eventually it catches up to you so when people say the Chargers don't have the cap space - well, they do if you have a creative accountant and are willing to kick the can

Steelers and Saints have been doing this for years with Big Ben and Brees respectively.

With respect to Turner and more so Mike Williams - are they worth the cap hits of 11 and 15.6m or can you use those dollars more efficiently. I think the only way Williams stays is if you deem he is worth like the aformentioned 4/40 type deal - but you lower his cap number by at least 5m if not more. Still if you can get a better player for say 4/45 - thats probably the way to go.

If healthy, Turner has shown he is a high quality player - pro bowler multiple times. I am not moving from Turner until I know I have a rock solid replacement. Mike Williams - not the same. He is hurt so much.
                      Last edited by Bolt4Knob; 12-17-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

2021 Secondary.
                        CB M.Davis
                        CB C.Hayward
                        CB C.Harris
                        CB B.Poole UFA
                        CB T.Campbell
                        S James
                        S Jenkins
                        S Adderley

NFL draft targets
                        CB C.Farley
                        CB P.Surtain II
                        CB J.Horn
                        CB S.Wade
                        CB T.Graham
                        CB A.Samuel Jr.
                        CB M.Wilson
                        S. H.Nasirildeen
                        S J.Holland

​​​​​​Even a good Secondary needs a pass rush.
                        Need more than Bosa for the defense to become great.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                          2021 Secondary.
                          CB M.Davis
                          CB C.Hayward
                          CB C.Harris
                          CB B.Poole UFA
                          CB T.Campbell
                          S James
                          S Jenkins
                          S Adderley

NFL draft targets
                          CB C.Farley
                          CB P.Surtain II
                          CB J.Horn
                          CB S.Wade
                          CB T.Graham
                          CB A.Samuel Jr.
                          CB M.Wilson
                          S. H.Nasirildeen
                          S J.Holland

​​​​​​Even a good Secondary needs a pass rush.
                          Need more than Bosa for the defense to become great.
                          Critts.... you'd make a good cornerback.... (you've got a short memory)

is it just me or haven't you traded away most of your picks, not to mention giving up a few more for a kicker ??

if you need a pass rusher, are you gonna have any picks to work with or do you need to dig deep into the UDFA ranks ??

McNeese State added an amazing edge rusher in Isaiah Chambers (nfldraftdiamonds.com)

and this guy could turn your whole DB gameplan on its ear....

2021 NFL Draft: Daviyon Nixon shows off unicorn athleticism (nflmocks.com)

Iowa Football: Daviyon Nixon ranked inside Mel Kiper's Top 10 prospects (dearoldgold.com)

Comment

Working...
                          X