Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm thinking very basic.
    QB Driven League. Points Scored. Points Allowed.

So. I need a franchise QB. And I need to protect that man.
    Then I want to make life really difficult for the opponent QB.
    And I need a reliable FG kicker. I want each point I can get.

We have Herbert and Bosa that fit that plan.
    As much as I like everyone else on the roster. They are not as important to me as lockdown cornerback and pass rusher opposite Bosa. They are not as important as dominant offensive line. I also prefer a veteran roster. I don't want a lot of players on the field who are still learning to be professionals in the NFL.

I have targets. But I know that I may not get a chance to draft or sign a target. But I'm going to keep trying to bring in targets.

2022, Gilmore, Lattimore are set to be UFA unless they get locked up or franchise tag. I'm going after them both. Trying to land one of them. Both Hayward and Harris are also UFA in 2022.

I don't pay M.Williams. I don't pay Henry. As much as I'd like them. I need that money for lockdown corners pass rusher and offensive line. And FG kicker.

If in 2021 draft I am able to draft Sewell-OT with 1st rd pick then I'm feeling good. If he is gone. I'm trying my best to trade the 1st rd pick for 2022 1st rd pick. I have a target that will be very hard to acquire if I'm not picking high in 2022 or have draft capital to go get him. That target is Stingley-CB
    If I'm able to aquire a target CB for my secondary build.
    Then I have Gilmore, Lattimore or Stingley as my shutdown corner and I keep James and Jenkins as my safeties.

​​​​​​I feel a lot better about my defense if I add Gilmore/Lattimore or Stingley to Bosa, Murray, James.
    ​​​

Thats great but what about the 2021 CBs? Hayward has been bad, Davis decent, Facyson sux, Harris is our slot guy, King traded, Campbell blah.

Sorry, im not signing a free agent kicker or trading for Tucker who would cost some picks if Balt is even wanted to trade him(doubt it).

Find one on the cheap like everybody else does. Koo suddenly is a UDFA all star. Colts Rookie UDFA kicker is doing great. Butker, round 7, Lutz UDFA, Tucker UDFA, Zierline 6th round, Succop 7th round, McManus UDFA, etc, etc
    Gostkowski signed as FA w/ Tenn....66% FG this year

Chase McLaughlin is 80% or better everywhere he has been except for our team(66.7%). Currently filling in for a injured Lambo. Must be the coaching.

Trading our 2022 first rounder? Why not draft a CB this draft if we miss on Sewell? There are others Or a pass rusher?

Stingley is a true Sophomore. Not elligible but great player and Grandson of former NFL player and the guy Jack Tatum blew up , Darryl Stingley..

Your Fired!
    Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-07-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Better play from Adderley would result in Hayward being more effective.

Hayward's perceived diminished performance is offset by his good coverage at the short and intermediate range.

I also believe Showcase has been dinged.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

I'm not trying to make due or settle or patch things up.
        Im building the strongest roster I can. And I can't do that if I only look at this year. Or just next off season. I have to look at 2020 performance and also look at 2021 and 2022. Who could or should be gone from this roster and who could be available to add.

If I looking for a lockdown CB.

​​​​​​I'm not looking just at next year's draft and next year free agency. I am also looking to the year after class of free agents and draft prospects.

If I am looking to build O-Line and D-Line then I'm looking at both 2021 and 2022.

I figure I cannot build everything up in just one off season.
        And I also figure to keep the talent level up year after year, I need to be aware of the expiring contract on my roster over next two seasons. And what will be available in free agency and draft over next two seasons.

Since we already have the franchise QB Herbert
        My primary targets are lockdown corners, pass rushers and offensive line, and FG kicker. And a veteran roster.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Critty
          Dominate the Day.
          • Mar 2019
          • Send PM

2021 O-line
          LT - Tevi
          LG - Thuney UFA
          OC - Andrews UFA
          RG - Turner
          RT - Bulaga

​​​​​​Two new players both from same team so there will be some chemistry there. I think that is an upgrade. If Chargers pick Sewell-OT I'm draft he can replace Tevi. And Tevi can be the swing tackle.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

2021 O-line
            LT - Tevi
            LG - Thuney UFA
            OC - Andrews UFA
            RG - Turner
            RT - Bulaga

​​​​​​Two new players both from same team so there will be some chemistry there. I think that is an upgrade. If Chargers pick Sewell-OT I'm draft he can replace Tevi. And Tevi can be the swing tackle.

Not cutting Turner? Gonna need his cap space.
            Decemt upgrade if the right side can stay healthy. If not, well.....

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not cutting Turner? Gonna need his cap space.
              Decemt upgrade if the right side can stay healthy. If not, well.....
              I'm hesitant on Turner. He is 27. Been a 5 time pro bowler.
              ​There are not a lot of player at that age with that on resume.
              Hoping he can bounce back.

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

2021 D-Line
                DE - Bosa/D.Autry UFA
                DT - Joseph/Jones
                DT - Jones/Tillery
                DE - D.Autry UFA/J.Tryon-rookie, Washington

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

I'm hesitant on Turner. He is 27. Been a 5 time pro bowler.
                  ​There are not a lot of player at that age with that on resume.
                  Hoping he can bounce back.
                  I think I am good with keeping Turner. I wish they could somehow lower his cap number but he really isn't that much. I guess if you could get Thuney and draft somebody maybe you release him

For me - this offseason is all about 5 areas of need
                  LT
                  OC
                  Edge Rusher
                  CB

ST - a couple cheaper veterans in Free agency that know how to play ST

I would probably bring back Feeney and Lamp for cheap if possible

Mike Williams 15m - seems like money could be better spent

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

you guys really think Turner is worth the $11.5m or are you just hoping he is.... (hopium)

w/John MIller in FA and multiple good guards in the draft, and under the presumption that we are unlikely to win it all next year, seems the better gambit to restock there ??

we can still get OT, OC, OG in the draft, and prolly a DB or coupla few.... am not in such a rush to restock @LEO, as we've got Joey there and Nwosu for another year still.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post
                      you guys really think Turner is worth the $11.5m or are you just hoping he is.... (hopium)

w/John MIller in FA and multiple good guards in the draft, and under the presumption that we are unlikely to win it all next year, seems the better gambit to restock there ??

we can still get OT, OC, OG in the draft, and prolly a DB or coupla few.... am not in such a rush to restock @LEO, as we've got Joey there and Nwosu for another year still.
                      I doubt we draft the way you'd like us too.

Your way of drafting two safeties i just dont see happening. Doubt we draft any really if Jenkins is resigned and a CB is a much bigger need. Id love an awesome OL and maybe a OT and a OC which we need in the draft but three OL and a DT i dont see. Year three for Tillery is crucial for him. Hopefully he is one of those 3rd year is the charm DLs.

We do need a Edge rusher badly, not sure why you dont see that.
                      Some of these i think we will get in FA'cy, just dont know which ones.

I do know we wont spend big. Cant spend big.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

The Chargers can do one of two things with Turner:
                        1) re-do his contract to lower the cap number
                        2) sign a guy in FA and release him after for the cap space

I wouldn't release Turner unless they had a body signed - not just a plan - but an actual player.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

QB Justin * saying good bye to Tyrod and sending Easton out to N’awlins to be the next Brees, and then taking my chances on a good solid backup, of which Matt Schaub seems the best Herbert guru that eye see, and for those that say he’s old, so is Drew and Tom, and he’s mostly a clipboard Moses anyways

RB Ekeler, Kelly, Joe Reed, JJ * keepin’ all these guys for now and on the lookout for a FA back that can do some heavy lifting, and gonna do my best to get Joe (and the rest of ‘em for that matter) out in space

FB don’t know who’s out there, but was a Bobby Holly proponent, and the story was Nabers was more versatile and a pass catcher, and…. how many times have we thrown him the ball ?? am lookin’ for a fullback, someone that can move people and move the pile at the goal line and on short yardage

WR Keenan, JuJu Schuster, KJ Hill, Guyton, Tyron * this is an area where we can get tripped up, by one retaining MW, despite his durability downfalls, his inefficiency and inability to separate…. we can’t mess around here, and am gonna take the MW $15m and turn it into a FA that has already produced and that is more durable/dependable, as both Keenan and Justin should not be without a strong second option

TE Hunter, Virgil, Parham * just like QB, RB and now TE, am on the lookout for good (FA) value at the position to hedge against Henry’s injury bug, Parham’s development and Green’s age…. otherwise am bringin’ the all of ‘em back as Chargers and spending my draft capital on the Oline first and foremost

OT Bulaga, Sam, Spencer Brown * know the temptation and prolly the smart money will be on going OT early, and personally not my draft strategy this year, as Bryan is on the books for next year, Sam’s needle is pointing up, and Pips is gonna be replaced by a developmental mid rounder if I get the chance

OG Lamp, Feeney, John Miller, Trey Smith * as mentioned a time or coupla few, don’t think Dan is on the return track…. if he is, eye pencil him in @RG, and regardless am after Miller in FA and gonna burn an early pick on Smith to fill the Trai Turner vacancy

OC Groy, Qberry, Josh Myers * am not a Creed Humphrey guy, but looks like the sweet spot for an OC is the top of the second, as would be wary/nervous of waiting ‘til round three for Myers…. no Dan here pls
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X