• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
    Hard to tell, but Staley's defense with the Rams looked like another 4-3 Hybrid like Gus...only far leaning towards a 3-4...the LEO and OTTO(SAM) looking more like true 3-4 outside backers...just a snap observation, though....

Don't know what kinda defense he is gonna run...his big chops are that he fits the defense to the personnel, but that was when he was a coordinator...as HC, he might add some pieces to complete his vision of the defense he wants to run, as much as possible...that's my thinking, anyway...

Until I see what we do in FA...and I think we will be active there...hard to do a good draft prediction...but it wouldn't surprise me if we end up being aggressive addressing oline, while Staley uses the draft to put his stamp on the defense.
    Yeah, been wondering if our defense will look more 3-4 next year with the hiring of Staley. Comparing Rams and Bears depth charts to ours... I think we have the personnel to do it.

DL that fit: Bosa, Tillery, Fehoko, Jones look like DT's in a 3-4. Bosa comparing to Mario Edwards' and Aaron Donald's role. Joseph being a NT in a 3-4. Might need 1 more NT to complete the rotation.

OLB that fit: Kenneth Murray Jr., Uchenna Nwosu, Jessie Lemonier. Probably need another via draft. Wouldn't Woody's Azeez Ojulari fit better as a 3-4 OLB...? Who would like OLB Zaven Collins @#13...?

ILB: Tranquil, Vigil. In the 3-4 alignment, I wouldn't mind bringing Perryman back on a financially responsible contract. Would have to search for ILB depth via the draft.

We have lots of versatile players on the roster already.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Ok spoke with the OTC guys at Fanspeak and figured out how to get a trade accepted. You have to add future picks. lol I dont count those towards this draft.

Trade with the Bears. Get 20 and 52. Trade our 47, 78, and 143 to the Jags for pick 25.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 12.09.47 PM.png

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Ok spoke with the OTC guys at Fanspeak and figured out how to get a trade accepted. You have to add future picks. lol I dont count those towards this draft.

Trade with the Bears. Get 20 and 52. Trade our 47, 78, and 143 to the Jags for pick 25.

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 12.09.47 PM.png
        No way Eric Stokes lasts until the 4th. Just not gonna happen.
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yeah, been wondering if our defense will look more 3-4 next year with the hiring of Staley. Comparing Rams and Bears depth charts to ours... I think we have the personnel to do it.

DL that fit: Bosa, Tillery, Fehoko, Jones look like DT's in a 3-4. Bosa comparing to Mario Edwards' and Aaron Donald's role. Joseph being a NT in a 3-4. Might need 1 more NT to complete the rotation.

OLB that fit: Kenneth Murray Jr., Uchenna Nwosu, Jessie Lemonier. Probably need another via draft. Wouldn't Woody's Azeez Ojulari fit better as a 3-4 OLB...? Who would like OLB Zaven Collins @#13...?

ILB: Tranquil, Vigil. In the 3-4 alignment, I wouldn't mind bringing Perryman back on a financially responsible contract. Would have to search for ILB depth via the draft.

Ive seen Collins anywhere from bottom of round 1 to round 4. Smaller school but he has good tape. Just against inferior competition. Azeez would be great pick for us and if he is a round 2 guy, Collins surely should be lower imo. But its a weird year and if no combine...wth? No telling where some of these players will go.

Agree we still need a couple more pieces. Not sure Jones fits best at DE or NT and Perryman had his best two seasons in our last 3-4 as a ILB. I also dont think we will play a 3-4 exclusivly. Staley should play what the personel fits best and this will be especially true if we get the other rumored coach from the Rams.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Ive seen Collins anywhere from bottom of round 1 to round 4. Smaller school but he has good tape. Just against inferior competition. Azeez would be great pick for us and if he is a round 2 guy, Collins surely should be lower imo. But its a weird year and if no combine...wth? No telling where some of these players will go.

Agree we still need a couple more pieces. Not sure Jones fits best at DE or NT and Perryman had his best two seasons in our last 3-4 as a ILB. I also dont think we will play a 3-4 exclusivly. Staley should play what the personel fits best and this will be especially true if we get the other rumored coach from the Rams.
            Azeez is my 1st Round pick since I can't have Micah Parsons, no matter how many sims I try. It's tough to select EDGE w/ OTs on the board but OT depth is sneaky-deep this year and EDGE rushers simply aren't.

Comment

• Fleet
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Cardiff - Poipu
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              No way Eric Stokes lasts until the 4th. Just not gonna happen.
              They rank em i draft em dude.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Azeez is my 1st Round pick since I can't have Micah Parsons, no matter how many sims I try. It's tough to select EDGE w/ OTs on the board but OT depth is sneaky-deep this year and EDGE rushers simply aren't.
                It rarely happens that Parsons falls to us @ 13 in those mock simulators and when he does, the picks ahead of him are bizarre lol. We probably have no shot at him in reality. Azeez i think we can trade down some and still get him. I'd love to get another 2nd rounder that way.

CBS has Azeez at #97 and Collins at #37.
                Draftnetwork had Azeez at 33 and Collins at 19.
                The Huddle report has Azeez at 78 and does not have Collins in the top 100.
                PFN has Azeez at 17 and Collins at 12.
                GBN has Azeez at 30 & Collins at 36 .
                First-pick.com has Azeez on day 2, Collins day 3

Its all over the place but basically those two in most cases arent too far apart. I could name more places but its a draft site. Like most GMs their opinions will vary.

Ive seen both on tape but i hate to watch highlights. If i can get game plays ill do that preferably but Collins is a vreat player for the conference he plays in. A man amongst boys type thing.

I like what i see in Azeez in the SEC in better competition.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 01-18-2021, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

It rarely happens that Parsons falls to us @ 13 in those mock simulators and when he does, the picks ahead of him are bizarre lol. We probably have no shot at him in reality. Azeez i think we can trade down some and still get him. I'd love to get another 2nd rounder that way.

CBS has Azeez at #97 and Collins at #37.
                  Draftnetwork had Azeez at 33 and Collins at 19.
                  The Huddle report has Azeez at 78 and does not have Collins in the top 100.
                  PFN has Azeez at 17 and Collins at 12.
                  GBN has Azeez at 30 & Collins at 36 .
                  First-pick.com has Azeez on day 2, Collins day 3

Its all over the place but basically those two in most cases arent too far apart. I could name more places but its a draft site. Like most GMs their opinions will vary.

Ive seen both on tape but i hate to watch highlights. If i can get game plays ill do that preferably but Collins is a better player for the conference he plays in. A man amongst boys type thing.
                  I like what i see in Azeez in the SEC.
                  Marietta DE Azeez Ojulari was Georgia's second potential addition to the 2018 class this week. Did he choose the Bulldogs or pull a stunner with Florida?

Azeez's high school tape. Look at that, upfield quickness and rip move he possessed in high school. He's the second best EDGE in the draft. He's in my first-round cluster.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

DL that fit: Bosa, Tillery, Fehoko, Jones look like DT's in a 3-4. Bosa comparing to Mario Edwards' and Aaron Donald's role. Joseph being a NT in a 3-4. Might need 1 more NT to complete the rotation. Fehoko 1TECH. JJones/Tillery/Rochell 4i IDK.

I am bringing Derwin up closer to the LOS @ JACK.
                    What are you doing at Safety ?
                    Pleased to report that OTTO has left the building.
                    Good stuff Nutty.
                    This is a start.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good stuff Nutty.
                      This is a start.

fangio-1.png

Exactamundo. Seems to me, it's a defense designed to feature OLB & Safety play.

Like a 4-3, a 3-4 has a middle (Mike), weak-side (Will) and strong-side (Sam) linebacker, but it adds in a second inside linebacker known as a “Jack” backer. Typically the Jack backer is lined up to the open or weak side of the offensive formation and assumes more coverage responsibilities. The Jack backer is typically substituted for when the defense goes to nickel.

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/01...ensive-scheme/

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                        Draftnik
                        • Oct 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

They rank em i draft em dude.
                        Have you tried using different simulators, just to get a more rounded feel for prospect rankings?

The Draft Network offers a good one. The Mock Draft Database has one too.
                        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Good stuff Nutty.
                          This is a start.

@safety, I'm resigning Jenkins. Derwin can play JACK in nickel... I don't know that he'd hold up @JACK in a base. I don't trust Derwin to stay healthy; that's why I'm keeping Rayshawn. Jenkins reminds me of John Johnson in style (Nutty liked Johnson). I'd really like to see Rayshawn and Derwin in at safety at the same time. That could make us nasty and aggressive.

I'd put Tranquil and Vigil in @JACK. Perryman is MIKE

The big question is where to put Kyzir.

Comment

Working...
                          X