• Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

@safety, I'm resigning Jenkins. Derwin can play JACK in nickel... I don't know that he'd hold up @JACK in a base. I don't trust Derwin to stay healthy; that's why I'm keeping Rayshawn. Jenkins reminds me of John Johnson in style (Nutty liked Johnson). I'd really like to see Rayshawn and Derwin in at safety at the same time. That could make us nasty and aggressive.

I'd put Tranquil and Vigil in @JACK. Perryman is MIKE

The big question is where to put Kyzir.
    On the Trade block is where I'd put him.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Also have to consider a "Bandit" player... a player that can seemlessly allow us to switch between DE and OLB. Uchenna could provide that for us. But the more I think about it, the more I like Zaven Collins @#!3. 6-4, 260 lbs. Leonard floyd clone at 1/3 the price.

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
        Have you tried using different simulators, just to get a more rounded feel for prospect rankings?

The Draft Network offers a good one. The Mock Draft Database has one too.
        I have yet to find a sim that doesnt have top tiered talent all the way down in the 6th and 7th rounds. I treat these mocks like a game. And will almost never pass on a guy even if i know he wont be there.

You're not suggesting im clueless in regards to player rankings are you? Lol Based off my mocks?

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I have yet to find a sim that doesnt have top tiered talent all the way down in the 6th and 7th rounds. I treat these mocks like a game. And will almost never pass on a guy even if i know he wont be there.

You're not suggesting im clueless in regards to player rankings are you? Lol Based off my mocks?
          Not at all, friend.

I know I’m guilty of wishful thinking when it comes to the draft. I loved Antonio Gibson last year, and all the simulators put him in the 5th round—mid-4th at the highest. Had the Chargers picking him there in all my mocks. Then the Football Team nabbed him at #66.

Hell, in my last mock I had Walker Little or Teven Jenkins in the 3rd when it’s more than likely they’ll both be gone by then.

The Senior Bowl and pro-days (fkn combine cancelled?) will shed a lot of light.

But anyways, if you had to trust your gut instead of a simulator, how do you think our 1st three rounds go?
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Not at all, friend.

I know I’m guilty of wishful thinking when it comes to the draft. I loved Antonio Gibson last year, and all the simulators put him in the 5th round—mid-4th at the highest. Had the Chargers picking him there in all my mocks. Then the Football Team nabbed him at #66.

Hell, in my last mock I had Walker Little or Teven Jenkins in the 3rd when it’s more than likely they’ll both be gone by then.

The Senior Bowl and pro-days (fkn combine cancelled?) will shed a lot of light.

But anyways, if you had to trust your gut instead of a simulator, how do you think our 1st three rounds go?
            Haha right on. I wasnt sure. I dont post much these days. So newer members may not know me that well. But i think my ownership of this forum was birthed out of my draft chops. Im not as active as i used to be however in regards to the draft. But it is still a lot of fun for me. I wasn't trying to come down on you or anything i just tend to be misinterpreting things lately. Here and across other forums/social media. Just weird times for communication and i am reading things wrong. It happens when you are in the forum game for 20 plus years. So many styles and personalities.

I think a major reason we brought in Staley is to somehow figure out a way to maximize our recent draft capital on the defense. There has been a lot of picks on that side. And guys are sort of trending towards their floor and not their ceilings. I just dont think Bradley and his crew figured out how to use these guys and get them to be solid contributors. I guess what im saying is i dont necessarily think just because we brought in a defensive minded coach we will end up going D early. We may but the 2 are not mutually exclusive imo.

We have around 26M invested in the OL. 4 guys are free agents. I expect we try and bring back Tevi and Feeney. Lamp and Pouncey are gone. Pouncey for sure. Just based on that alone we will need to invest quite a bit in the OL. Probably via the draft and maybe even FA. But like i said im not totally sold on the OL in this draft. Not at 13. Not yet at least. Guys always climb and fall after testing and kicking tires so to speak.

OL is an obvious concern. Im not sold on Kelley or Jackson. I have always been obsessed with the value a bellcow RB can bring. This offense is so playaction heavy that its iportant to sell the run even if its a fake. And it helps that a team is concerned about your RB between the tackles.

Im likely looking at least 1 OL and 1 RB in the first 3 rounds. At this point at least. If we let Henry walk? That may signal a desire to draft Pitts. Im sort of in the trade back camp. Grab another 2. With 2 2nds and 2 3rds we could move back into the 1st if need be.

I do alot of these mocks across all platforms to sort of see where the players are being ranked. But i always have my own thoughts on where i think a player has good value. I dont use the Mock Draft Machine sim because i dont have the premium so i cant do trades. Just doing straight up mocks sort of bores me. This is really more about fun for me. Finding ways to get as many solid players in this team as possible.

You know....my training for when im GM of the Bolts one day. lol Kidding of course.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
              Oline-Tip of the Spear...
              • Feb 2019
              • McLean Illinois
              • Pipefitter Illinois State University
              • Send PM

Run on QBs and speedy eye popping WRs...couple of corners, an edge guy, Penei Sewell....can Parsons do a Derwin James, and fall in our lap? After being out of football for a year, nothing is impossible...it's a "What have you done for me lately" league...
              Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Oklahoma
                • Send PM

Mock 2:Based on signing Leonard Floyd DE/OLB and trading down(1 & 5 for 1 & 2)with Wash or Chi to get an additional 2nd

1 Slater T can play anywhere on the line. If Tevy or Pipkins actually improve or Bulaga returns and stays healthy he could dominate at guard
                2 Little T
                2 Rashed Jr LB/DE with Staley running the show they get fast and versatile in the front 7
                3 Molden CB
                3 McNeill DT improves the run D and have to have a run stuffer in case Linval gets injured

Comment

• Bolt Dude
                  Draftnik
                  • Oct 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post
                  Mock 2:Based on signing Leonard Floyd DE/OLB and trading down(1 & 5 for 1 & 2)with Wash or Chi to get an additional 2nd

1 Slater T can play anywhere on the line. If Tevy or Pipkins actually improve or Bulaga returns and stays healthy he could dominate at guard
                  2 Little T
                  2 Rashed Jr LB/DE with Staley running the show they get fast and versatile in the front 7
                  3 Molden CB
                  3 McNeill DT improves the run D and have to have a run stuffer in case Linval gets injured
                  Dig that trade. Seems pretty realistic, too. Not sure if Slater will be available at #19-20, but Alijah Vera-Tucker might. And he's got that same kinda versatility.

Absolutely frothing at the idea of getting Floyd back together with Staley. Dude's gotta wingspan like a Learjet and plays with a smooth nastiness that scares me.

Love Slater. His versatility and light feet are key. Plus, Daniel Jeremiah loves him, and I consider him a solid judge of talent.

Anxious to see how Walker Little has recovered from the injury. He was looking like an absolute dawg before it.

LOVE Elijah Molden. Aggressive, instinctive, intelligent, leader. He played nickel at UW and I see that continuing at the next level. Unfortunately, I think outside CB is a bigger need. Unless we cut Chris Harris Jr., which is doubtful.

Rashed Jr.'s got a lot to prove after having a pretty mundane 2020 season. But if he returns to his 2019 form, he'll be a force of nature.

Alim McNeil looks twitched up for a big guy. Could be a beast. Personally, I like Khyiris Tonga as a possible heir apparent to Linval -- he can be had in the later rounds, too. But McNeil seems like a solid choice.

Nice work!
                  Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Leslie Grossman View Post

2 Little T
                    3 Molden CB
                    Question.
                    What is the fit with Molden ?
                    The talent is there.
                    ​​​Value @ early round 3.
                    However, Molden is purely a Slot Corner.

If we are disguising coverages, there is no disguise here.
                    I will continue looking for Corners with the skillset to play different roles on a play by play basis.

​​​
                    Last edited by wu-dai clan; 01-23-2021, 04:20 AM.
                    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Dig that trade. Seems pretty realistic, too. Not sure if Slater will be available at #19-20, but Alijah Vera-Tucker might. And he's got that same kinda versatility.

Absolutely frothing at the idea of getting Floyd back together with Staley. Dude's gotta wingspan like a Learjet and plays with a smooth nastiness that scares me.

Love Slater. His versatility and light feet are key. Plus, Daniel Jeremiah loves him, and I consider him a solid judge of talent.

Anxious to see how Walker Little has recovered from the injury. He was looking like an absolute dawg before it. Why overdraft Walker Little ?

LOVE Elijah Molden. Aggressive, instinctive, intelligent, leader. He played nickel at UW and I see that continuing at the next level. Unfortunately, I think outside CB is a bigger need. Unless we cut Chris Harris Jr., which is doubtful. Agreed.

Rashed Jr.'s got a lot to prove after having a pretty mundane 2020 season. But if he returns to his 2019 form, he'll be a force of nature. Meh.

Alim McNeil looks twitched up for a big guy. Could be a beast. Zero 4i traits.

Personally, I like Khyiris Tonga as a possible heir apparent to Linval -- he can be had in the later rounds, too. But McNeil seems like a solid choice. There will be great value at DT late. Go Oline here.

Nice work!
                      Bold comments in bold Powder Blue.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Oct 2017
                        • Great White North
                        • Draftnik
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Bold comments in bold Powder Blue.
                        You think Walker Little is over drafted in round 2?
                        My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                        K9
                        Nasir
                        Tillery
                        Parham
                        Reed

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

You think Walker Little is over drafted in round 2?
                          I am speaking strictly in terms of availability and value.

I have seen the impressive pre injury tape
                          and it is quite impressive.

Round 2 we cannot have an Oline fail for any reason, including post injury unknown results.
                          ​​​​
                          Round 3, if Little is available would be exceptional value.

That is all--I don't mean to piss on anybody's corn flakes, we should be particularly keen about flawed predraft group think.

If we go OL round 2, go 100% clean.

Maybe the medicals will make it a go.

Comment

Working...
                          X