• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt Dude
    Draftnik
    • Oct 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

Those were the players he had to work with.
    I have no doubt he’ll take outstanding talent in bigger more athletic packages.
    Okay. But what’s your take on Alim’s limited snaps? Surely you’ve watched plenty of full game tape. It’s gotta be conditioning. Why else would they keep such a beast on the sidelines for 1/2 the plays?

Staley had A’shawn Robinson, a 6’4 330 pounder, who’s a 26 year old 2nd round pick. Dude barely saw the field.
    Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
      I have no doubts about Alim’s athleticism—I know he’s a beast and it will show on his pro day. I’m just a little concerned about his endurance and the workload he’ll be able to shoulder. NCST had him playing less than every other defensive outing. Why?

I look at Staley’s down linemen from last year and there’s no behemoths. The NT is 6’4, 310. Unless he changes his approach, it seems like Staley prefers a highly conditioned NT with the ability to play more snaps.

It’s not that I don’t like Alim—he’s a helluva a player. I’m just not sure he’s a scheme fit for Staley’s D.

Only time will tell.
      I noticed that too when watching his tape. He was subbed out like every other series. Sometimes every third and why i dont think Tyler Shelvin is a fit for us as a couple have mentioned him here in their mocks. Rams didnt have any fat boys on their DL so not sure they are looking for those types.

When it comes to interior DL/NT im not sure what they are looking for or if they are looking for another. We have Joseph and Jones.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
        Draftnik
        • Oct 2020
        • Send PM

It should be a felony to have a draft this good. These sims need fine tuning. Until then, here’s the draft that’ll never happen. 4186DE69-6870-4A9B-925C-316B22C0F8B4.jpeg
        Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
          It should be a felony to have a draft this good. These sims need fine tuning. Until then, here’s the draft that’ll never happen. 4186DE69-6870-4A9B-925C-316B22C0F8B4.jpeg
          Four Stanford players and no Golden Domers? That'll never fly lol.

Agree, these Sims need to update. Fanspeak I noticed you can choose from a half dozen different rankings.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I noticed that too when watching his tape. He was subbed out like every other series. Sometimes every third and why i dont think Tyler Shelvin is a fit for us as a couple have mentioned him here in their mocks. Rams didnt have any fat boys on their DL so not sure they are looking for those types.

When it comes to interior DL/NT im not sure what they are looking for or if they are looking for another. We have Joseph and Jones.
            Rams have had Michael Brockers 6'5" 305# at 4i and Sebastian Joseph-Day 6'4" 295# at NT.

Bears have had Akiem Hicks 6'5" 325# at 3T and Eddie Goldman 6'4" 320#at NT.

Broncos have had Shelby Harris 6'2" 290#/Dre'Mont Jones 6'3" 280# at DE and DeShawn Williams 6' 285#/MacTelvin Agim 6' 3# 310# at NT.

Sometimes it's length & strength and sometimes it's fireplug penetrating types,
            for Fangio/Staley @ CHI, DEN and LAR.

I would argue that both Shelvin and Alim "fit" and that a lot of things happen in college football that don't translate to the pros.

EG. We could throw out "Field Corners" because of narrow hash marks. There are lots of substitutions at NCAA.
            ​​​
            We could get rid of FS/SS/Slot Corner often times, because of interchangeability. Could Single High Safety go the way of Fullback ?
            ​​​​
            Similar to DL, we ought to consider Combo DBs of all ilks, Ar'Darius, Samuel, Molden, as well as Moehrig, Holland.
            ​​​​
            First, draft good football players.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by CivilBolt View Post

Agree. I think Kelley will flourish with the new coaching staff and revamped OL.
              I think Popper is full of shit at RB.
              He says Kelley looked good in PreSeason. Then he says there was no PreSeason.
              ​​​​
              Popper fails to take into account the value of reducing Ekeler's snaps, playing him at Slot more, and the impact of having a second dynamite RB.
              ​​​
              We ought to consider many things. You don't think Joe Lombardi notices Etienne has elite, even rare acceleration ala Dalvin Cook, Tyreek Hill and Alvin Kamara ?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Eichenberg won't make it passed Indy or KC.
                Obviously we are both being flippant.

And look at IND/KC current OL population. Tevi OLT. Long, Thuney, LDT 3xOG. Long to OLT.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                  Day Tripper
                  • May 2019
                  • North of the Lagoon
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I still think we should stay put @#13 and grab the OT we want...before he's gone...
                  I do too. and I like the Little idea too. if he starts, he’s worth 13. If he BIPs, he’s not worth 20.
                  “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I do too. and I like the Little idea too. if he starts, he’s worth 13. If he BIPs, he’s not worth 20.
                    My idea with a guy like Little is how does he compare to Nate Solder and more so, Anthony Castonzo. Castonzo was a good solid LT for the Colts for 10 years. Solder was a good player in NE and got paid by the Giants so not sure he is a good comp. But both were picked in the teams . I like Little more than Teven or Darrisaw but whatever - if all three compare to a guy like Castonzo - its not a bad draft pick

And you are correct - if he is good at 13 or 20 - he is good; If he is bad - doesn't matter where he is picked. Granted, if you value him at 13 - and can get him at say 15 as some team wants to move up - thats good too.

Comment

• Critty
                      Dominate the Day.
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I think Popper is full of shit at RB.
                      He says Kelley looked good in PreSeason. Then he says there was no PreSeason.
                      ​​​​
                      Popper fails to take into account the value of reducing Ekeler's snaps, playing him at Slot more, and the impact of having a second dynamite RB.
                      ​​​
                      We ought to consider many things. You don't think Joe Lombardi notices Etienne has elite, even rare acceleration ala Dalvin Cook, Tyreek Hill and Alvin Kamara ?
                      Kelley is an overachiever. But lacks burst through the whole.
                      So for me, he is just a guy.

If your going to help Ekeler reduce wear and tear, any guy can do that, but if you want to help the offense then you need another weapon at RB that threatens the defense.
                      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

My idea with a guy like Little is how does he compare to Nate Solder and more so, Anthony Castonzo. Castonzo was a good solid LT for the Colts for 10 years. Solder was a good player in NE and got paid by the Giants so not sure he is a good comp. But both were picked in the teams . I like Little more than Teven or Darrisaw but whatever - if all three compare to a guy like Castonzo - its not a bad draft pick

And you are correct - if he is good at 13 or 20 - he is good; If he is bad - doesn't matter where he is picked. Granted, if you value him at 13 - and can get him at say 15 as some team wants to move up - thats good too.
                        Yep...especially at LT...how much do you value a good pass pro LT to keep your QB uninjured and unrattled? How much do you value a good pass pro LT to give your QB a few more ticks on the clock to find his 2nd or 3rd read? How much do you value a good LT who can open up holes to give even an average RB an opening to a key first down or TD? This is why LT is the highest rated position after QB...

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Kelley is an overachiever. But lacks burst through the whole.
                          So for me, he is just a guy.

If your going to help Ekeler reduce wear and tear, any guy can do that, but if you want to help the offense then you need another weapon at RB that threatens the defense.
                          Exactly one of the Tar Heels, Memphis guy--these kinda players should be on our radar.

A lot of our other needs are covered now.

Gainwell. The Memphis guy. My ears perked up when Greg Cosell said he can run the full WR route tree. Put him out there with Ek. Talk about mismatches.

Comment

Working...
                          X