Draft players not positions.....TT

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      From Chad Reuter's 7 round mock at NFL.com. We pass on OT2 (Slater or Darrisaw) to take Smith. I would be very pissed come Thursday if so.

Pick

Los Angeles Chargers

DeVonta SmithTrey Pipkins (or a rookie picked later) can get the job done. Smith has the strong hands, body control, intelligence and quickness to excel in the slot in 2021 while Keenan Allen and Mike Williams work outside. Then, if Williams leaves as a free agent after the season, Smith can move outside if necessary.
      Wrs are everywhere in this draft. This is a bad pick.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
        Pretty much retired......
        • Sep 2018
        • JoJa
        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Wrs are everywhere in this draft. This is a bad pick.
        Agreed. Plus I would rather have a body type like Jamar. 6-1 208 is a lot stouter than 6-1 175. WR's are plentiful and Justin can make them look good.

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
          Draft players not positions.....TT
          Draft players that make your overall team better. Often, that means looking at your weaker positions. Along the OL... you're only as strong as your weakest link. We spent a lot of money on re-building that IOL. It would seem a waste to trot Trey Pipkins out there @LT. The overall strength of the OL becomes whatever Trey Pipkins can muster (54.8). Sure, you could help him with TE or RB... but now those guys aren't available in the pattern. They're not stretching the defense... and that does no favors for the players that are out in the pattern. Your best offenses have quality OT's that can hold their own and put players into the pattern... Chiefs, Bucs, Saints.

The only circumstances I want to see Pipkins out there is if Bryan Bulaga is struggling through injuries again. Please plan wisely TT.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Draft players that make your overall team better. Often, that means looking at your weaker positions. Along the OL... you're only as strong as your weakest link. We spent a lot of money on re-building that IOL. It would seem a waste to trot Trey Pipkins out there @LT. The overall strength of the OL becomes whatever Trey Pipkins can muster (54.8). Sure, you could help him with TE or RB... but now those guys aren't available in the pattern. They're not stretching the defense... and that does no favors for the players that are out in the pattern. Your best offenses have quality OT's that can hold their own and put players into the pattern... Chiefs, Bucs, Saints.

The only circumstances I want to see Pipkins out there is if Bryan Bulaga is struggling through injuries again. Please plan wisely TT.
              Maybe to throw teams off base but TT keeps saying how bullish they are on Pipkins.

Comment

• sonorajim
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                From Chad Reuter's 7 round mock at NFL.com. We pass on OT2 (Slater or Darrisaw) to take Smith. I would be very pissed come Thursday if so.

Pick

Los Angeles Chargers

DeVonta SmithTrey Pipkins (or a rookie picked later) can get the job done. Smith has the strong hands, body control, intelligence and quickness to excel in the slot in 2021 while Keenan Allen and Mike Williams work outside. Then, if Williams leaves as a free agent after the season, Smith can move outside if necessary.
                If Slater is there, I take him. After a few months of thought, I keep coming back to that.
                I love Smith though. Herbert with KA, DS, MW, JC, JE would be nearly impossible to cover.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Maybe to throw teams off base but TT keeps saying how bullish they are on Pipkins.
                  And they said they were bullish on Tyrod Taylor a week before they selected Justin Herbert.

Comment

• like54ninjas
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Oct 2017
                    • Great White North
                    • Draftnik
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

If Slater is there, I take him. After a few months of thought, I keep coming back to that.
                    I love Smith though. Herbert with KA, DS, MW, JC, JE would be nearly impossible to cover.
                    I’m against “TeTe” at all and no way in the first 3 rounds.
                    His legs are the size of my writs.

Report: DeVonta Smith measured 6 feet, 166 pounds at Indianapolis medical check

My 2021 Adopt-A-Bolt List

MikeDub
                    K9
                    Nasir
                    Tillery
                    Parham
                    Reed

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

In that case, we would have TWO holes at OT...I think we need to go OT @#13, double dip at OT later somewhere, and sign at least an average OT in FA...on the cheap...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by like54ninjas View Post

I’m against “TeTe” at all and no way in the first 3 rounds.
                        His legs are the size of my writs.

Report: DeVonta Smith measured 6 feet, 166 pounds at Indianapolis medical check
                        That's even less than his "listed" weight of 170...call him "The Human Toothpick"

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Praying for Liar’s month lingo. He was worse than Tevi and they were happy to let Tevi walk. please TT - do not let this be your strategy.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X