• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

More than likely McDuffie is off the board by #17. Green, largely because he is considered more of a OG than OT will slide to Chargers selection. I would be happy with either one just trying to be realistic (maybe lightening strikes twice) but if I want highest impact player to slide its George Karlaftis. That’s the dude to pair with Bosa, great hand placement, advanced pass rushing technique and motor that doesn’t quit.
    That could be true. But I like some other CB's, too. Players that I think would have a bigger impact... and worth the #17 pick. I assume that Derek Stingley and Ahmad Gardner will be off the board.

McDuffy: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tren.../draft-profile
    McCreary: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/roge.../draft-profile
    Booth: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andr.../draft-profile
    Gordon: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/kyle.../draft-profile

I just don't trust that Green could handle NFL speed @RT.

I'm not a George Karlaftis fan. I see the strength, I see the power. But I don't see the bend or the speed. I doubt he pushes NFL linemen around like he did the college linemen. Too may times he got stymied against good quality college OT's.

Comment

• Critty
      Dominate the Day.
      • Mar 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

He could,....Or he could eat his way out of the league when he gets paid. That's happened before
      No risk it, no biscuit.......for Daniel.
      Who has it better than us?

Comment

• powderblueboy
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Karlaftis bull rushes, knocks RT right into QB for sack:

Too late Topcat, the Karlaftis bubble has burst; his stock is dropping fast here.
        He abuses some Golden Domer with whom Telesco will reach on in the 3rd round.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Bangin the table for Abe Lucas in the 2nd. I honestly think he will be one of the best RT to come out this year. Interested to see his strength. If he puts up numbers close to Sam Cosmi did last year. 4.8 forty, 36 reps at 225#. If he puts up numbers close to that with his resume at RT, I don’t think he will last until the Chargers 2nd round pick.
          Last edited by Boltinloudguy; 02-25-2022, 08:28 AM.

Comment

• equivocation
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Apr 2021
            • Send PM

NFL OL get bull rushed by players weaker than Karlaftis.

Bull rush is not just about power. It's about timing and winning the hand battle.

Still haven't watched his film but "not strong enough to bull rush NFL OL" isn't really a thing.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltinloudguy View Post
              Bangin the table for Abe Lucas in the 2nd. I honestly think he will be one of the best RT to come out this year. Interested to see his strength. If he puts up numbers close to Sam Cosmi did last year. 4.8 forty, 36 reps at 235#. If he puts up numbers close to that with his resume at RT, I don’t think he will last until the Chargers 2nd round pick.
              Yep, I've already started mocking other guys in the 2nd round.
              Who knows... Cosmi lasted until the #51 pick last year.

Comment

• equivocation
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2021
                • Send PM

"Joey Bosa's sack production dropped his junior year. He's not going to be fast enough to turn the corner against NFL OTs."

How did those takes turn out? Plenty of edge rushers come out who are plenty fast but never develop hand counters and wash out. Hands are the #1 thing to look for in an edge rusher.

Comment

• Boltnut
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by equivocation View Post
                  NFL OL get bull rushed by players weaker than Karlaftis.

Bull rush is not just about power. It's about timing and winning the hand battle.

Still haven't watched his film but "not strong enough to bull rush NFL OL" isn't really a thing.
                  Taven Bryan used to push college O-linemen around...

Comment

• Boltnut
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

No risk it, no biscuit.......for Daniel.
                    Daniel doesn't fit the outside zone...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That could be true. But I like some other CB's, too. Players that I think would have a bigger impact... and worth the #17 pick. I assume that Derek Stingley and Ahmad Gardner will be off the board.

McDuffy: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/tren.../draft-profile
                      McCreary: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/roge.../draft-profile
                      Booth: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/andr.../draft-profile
                      Gordon: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/kyle.../draft-profile

I just don't trust that Green could handle NFL speed @RT.

I'm not a George Karlaftis fan. I see the strength, I see the power. But I don't see the bend or the speed. I doubt he pushes NFL linemen around like he did the college linemen. Too may times he got stymied against good quality college OT's.
                      6.5 sacks in 2 seasons is not a lot of sacks at the NCAA level for a first round edge draft pick. Why would we expect he gets more sacks as a pro? I didn’t think he looks fast on tape, but maybe i just can’t tell. The kid from FL State looks fast around the edge. He had 12 sacks last season.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• equivocation
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Taven Bryan used to push college O-linemen around...
                        OK?

Give me a long enough lever and I shall move the world.

Comment

• equivocation
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

6.5 sacks in 2 seasons is not a lot of sacks at the NCAA level for a first round edge draft pick. Why would we expect he gets more sacks as a pro? I didn’t think he looks fast on tape, but maybe i just can’t tell. The kid from FL State looks fast around the edge. He had 12 sacks last season.
                          He played 2 games last year. That's disingenuous. 7.5 sacks and 17 TFL as a frosh.

I do like JJ though.

Comment

Working...
                          X