That's good news!

Comment

• Maniaque 6
      French Speaking Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Québec city
      • Send PM

I would go RT in the 2nd.
      Some mock drafts see 6 OL between 42 ans 53.

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post

I’ll eat my hat if the Pats let Jackson out of New England. He ain’t goin nowhere. If they can’t sign him they’ll tag him for sure.
        Jackson is a very good man to man coverage player, but he is not a good zone player. With so many teams playing more and more zone coverage, it makes me wonder if he will get as big an offer. The way the Bills crossing routes destroyed NE coverage is a reminder to teams why you need to mix and match you coverages.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          RT is starting to look deep to me
          like 3rd round deep
          It is and it isn’t. Virtually all teams with franchise QB’s realize they need to upgrade protection. There will be run early. Couple might be still on board #17 then another run in 20’s leaving 3rd round grade tackles going in 2nd instead. I can understand passing in the first to address defense but if Staley is dead serious about protecting Herbert, better hope a starter is still sitting there #48?

example; mocks having Chargers selecting a RT in 3rd like Daniel Faalele, will need to select him in the 2nd because he will be long gone. Wouldn’t get cute trading back a few picks either, teams know what others need as well as themselves.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

It is and it isn’t. Virtually all teams with franchise QB’s realize they need to upgrade protection. There will be run early. Couple might be still on board #17 then another run in 20’s leaving 3rd round grade tackles going in 2nd instead. I can understand passing in the first to address defense but if Staley is dead serious about protecting Herbert, better hope a starter is still sitting there #48?

example; mocks having Chargers selecting a RT in 3rd like Daniel Faalele, will need to select him in the 2nd because he will be long gone. Wouldn’t get cute trading back a few picks either, teams know what others need as well as themselves.
            Works for me

OTs have to be over drafted a bit, I agree
            Maybe not Pipkins early, but early
            haha
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              Here's a question: Would it be easier to find a quality OT or a quality DT in round 1?
              And what if you throw a positional value factor into it too. OT is a more valuable position, all things equal.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Just looked this guy Faalele up…6’9” 380 lbs. I’m not sure he’s even human. That guy is a monster.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post

Just looked this guy Faalele up…6’9” 380 lbs. I’m not sure he’s even human. That guy is a monster.
                  Moves pretty well for a big man, also...if we go DT in round 1, and he's there in round 2, pick him quicker than you can say "Marcus McNeill"...

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

And what if you throw a positional value factor into it too. OT is a more valuable position, all things equal.
                    Great CB's are more valuable then either unless you are talking about a dominating DT who is also a great pass rusher...... RT's are easier to find in draft or FA and lower priority.......

Chargers offense was great, and even though a great RT might make us nearly unstoppable on offense, our defense is so bad it cannot stop the run or defend the pass against anyone except a bad QB and is the number one reason for all of our losses......which makes defense the number one priority...... and shut down CB's or great DT's with pass rush ability are usually mid to high first rounders.....

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

The Director had some interesting trade ideas, that could tip the scales regarding free agency and the draft.

Comment

• gzubeck
                        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Tucson, AZ
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

Great CB's are more valuable then either unless you are talking about a dominating DT who is also a great pass rusher...... RT's are easier to find in draft or FA and lower priority.......

Chargers offense was great, and even though a great RT might make us nearly unstoppable on offense, our defense is so bad it cannot stop the run or defend the pass against anyone except a bad QB and is the number one reason for all of our losses......which makes defense the number one priority...... and shut down CB's or great DT's with pass rush ability are usually mid to high first rounders.....
                        Kudos man...to me there seems to be some very nice CBs in this draft. I went through and looked at their highlight films after looking at possible draft selections on tankathon. Pay for a right tackle...Pay for some dlinemen, Pay or sign some of our linebackers. Draft two CBs that could move around in our secondary especially when the game is on the line. Booth, Elam, McCreary. I haven't done any research on their backgrounds but they look good in their highlight videos. There are some with questionable players like Kendrick. Ghost likes Cine ...so maybe in the second round if there? Chargers probably have a short list of players they like already.I Saw a bunch of thin fast receivers but nothing I lreally liked at #17. Pip and Storm are probably further along than some project Tackle at #17. Unless your an insanely gifted dlinemen, they usually take 1-2 seasons to get going, so I'm against that unless they got someone they really like and is day 1 starter.

:coffee:
                        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

My hope is that the Chargers eliminate a need via FA or at least render 1 or 2 positions off of the "critical" need list. This will allow us to focus on the remaining critical need(s). CB, OT, DI even edge through FA will make draft day a bit less hectic. And to comment on your OT analogy above, that's what got us Pipkins, Norton and Bulaga too. It just shows what a crap shoot this can be.

I am really hoping FA solves at least one need..........

Comment

Working...
                          X