• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post

Jackson is a very good man to man coverage player, but he is not a good zone player. With so many teams playing more and more zone coverage, it makes me wonder if he will get as big an offer. The way the Bills crossing routes destroyed NE coverage is a reminder to teams why you need to mix and match you coverages.
    He did not look good in the Bills game. Not one of the Pats did. Oh what a glorious game!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

CBS Sports has us picking Ohio St. wideout Chris Olave in round 1...tempting, but I think RT and DT are bigger PON's...should be either of these in a nice slot for us at #17...also, Olave is a bit smallish at only 6-1, 188#...Guyton in comparison is 6-1, 212#...KA is 6-2, 211#...

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ms-chris-olave

Comment

• Xenos
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        CBS Sports has us picking Ohio St. wideout Chris Olave in round 1...tempting, but I think RT and DT are bigger PON's...should be either of these in a nice slot for us at #17...also, Olave is a bit smallish at only 6-1, 188#...Guyton in comparison is 6-1, 212#...KA is 6-2, 211#...

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/202...ms-chris-olave
        BPA at PON. And we have a lot of needs still.

Comment

• Steve
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • South Carolina
          • Meteorologist
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

He did not look good in the Bills game. Not one of the Pats did. Oh what a glorious game!
          The Bills are probably the best team at extending the play so their players can run crossing routes across the formation. Those crossing patterns DESTROY man coverage. NE just loves to beat the crap out of WR by pressing them at the line. Buffalo just kept coming back and got Allen enough time, and then he did a good job of sliding around in the pocket to give his crossers time to break open. Those patterns were just impossible for NE to cover man to man.

THere is a reason football coaches call crossing routes man beaters.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
            Pretty much retired......
            • Sep 2018
            • JoJa
            • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
            • Send PM

The Bills are probably the best team at extending the play so their players can run crossing routes across the formation. Those crossing patterns DESTROY man coverage. NE just loves to beat the crap out of WR by pressing them at the line. Buffalo just kept coming back and got Allen enough time, and then he did a good job of sliding around in the pocket to give his crossers time to break open. Those patterns were just impossible for NE to cover man to man.

I'd say it's Mahomey and the Chiefs.......

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

And Allen kills them with his runs.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist
                • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I'd say it's Mahomey and the Chiefs.......
                I really meant in terms of crossing routes.

Mahommes and KC do most of their damage off of vertical routes. They don't see a lot of man to man coverage.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Dec 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

BPA at PON. And we have a lot of needs still.
                  If the Chargers bring back Mike Williams so Allen, Williams and Palmer - I truly do not see how Olave fits unless he is so high on your draft board that its talent. That is a lot of capital invested in WR when you really need RT, CB1, IDL and RB as priorities,.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Credit where due:

Pipkins should be penciled in as the RT starter. From what I saw he earned it. Let him and a mid round pick battle it out. Prioritize other positions in FA and the upper draft picks.

Comment

• eaterfan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Oct 2020
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                      Credit where due:

Pipkins should be penciled in as the RT starter. From what I saw he earned it. Let him and a mid round pick battle it out. Prioritize other positions in FA and the upper draft picks.
                      Pipkins should in no way be penciled in as the starter. He had two slightly above average games in 3 years. I'm fine with not cutting him, but if he's in line to be the starter we're in a lot of trouble. Prior to the last two games, Pipkins was the worst OT I've seen. And I've watched the Chargers trot out the likes of Sam Tevi and co. for the last 25 years of my life.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                        French Speaking Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Québec city
                        • Send PM

Remember Johnnie Troutman ?

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa