• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Not thinking replacing Murray with a 200 lb safety (Cine)is a good idea. Why not just draft Dean? He is 220. Undersized.for a LB but cod maybe play the hybrid role? But I'm sold he can.
    It's more of half-baked addition by subtraction case I was making. Still, that's a fascinating nickel or dime package to have.

With the addition of say, DB Alontae Taylor/Tenn in the 3rd Round, with a healthy Asante Samuel Jr. returning, that's healthy defensive backfield. With Phidarian Mathis at DT, in the Second Round, this team is lacking a RT and EDGE, and 7-8 picks left in which to do so, IMO.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Just curious, from poster opinion, who do you think is the alpha dawg amongst all dawgs on that Georgia defense and why?

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
        Just curious, from poster opinion, who do you think is the alpha dawg amongst all dawgs on that Georgia defense and why?
        I love this question

The negatives on Cine are his high-tackling. Which is coachable, but an issue. This is the first neg check on his game. And he is TIED with Travon Walker on my Alpha Dawg list, and Philly draft fans are looking at both as options at #16. Other opinions on Dawgs would be great.

Comment

• Bolt Dude
          Draftnik
          • Oct 2020
          • Send PM

The low-key alpha dawg on that UGA defense is the dude who’s not eligible for the draft until next year.

Mark my words, Jalen Carter is a top 5 pick (in 2023).

IMO, if he could come out this year he’d be drafted first among his peers.
          Our quarterback is a golden god.

Comment

• Leslie Grossman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2020
            • Oklahoma
            • Send PM

Agreed, watching Georgia he jumped off the screen to me more than the other 3 guys who I think 1 goes top 17, 1 top 25, and Jordan Davis top 30.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt Dude View Post
              The low-key alpha dawg on that UGA defense is the dude who’s not eligible for the draft until next year.

Mark my words, Jalen Carter is a top 5 pick (in 2023).

IMO, if he could come out this year he’d be drafted first among his peers.
              Reminds me of Ndamukong Suh who went 2nd overall.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

so I guess we were on pause here for a bit (and may well be again, and.... draft ain't for a bit

as a recap, do think Jordan Davis is well worth the 17, albeit not sure he makes it to us, and.... not sure we can't get a decent NT in FA ??

and have to say am pretty darn impressed w/Nakobe, after not really giving him much of an afterthought before taking a closer look, and.... man/boy/damn does he fit well w/our D w/Derwin and Murray.

will also say that Jameson Williams deserves consideration @17, and.... am gonna take a look @another wideout, and in that liked him better than JW, and even tho Ninj calls him JAG.

well, does seem like 54N is not alone in his dissing of Wilson, as some call him a round two talent, and there are plenty of peoples pointing out shortcomings in his game, and.... don't think I'm buying/believing, as dude seems like he could well be there @17, as mid first round seems to be his sweet spot ??

similar to Keenan, dude has some wiggle to his game, 'specially after the catch.... he's sudden and can create space, has merits as a route runner, and is productive.

he should fit in well w/Lombardi, as he is usually the underneath option/target, and does well w/quick touches.... he is dynamic and brings that excitement/flair to LA that has been proffered by some.

sure seems like a next level talent, that some feel will be a perennial pro bowler, a WR1.... his compare is Stefon Diggs.

the cautionary tale is that you would not be getting the oversized edition, and there is the consideration that his lighter frame may be more susceptible to injury.... his run blocking is also in question.

personally think that if you draft Garrett Wilson, it is w/the idea of eventually replacing KA.... similar to what some people suspected w/the drafting of Palmer, as an eventual replacement for MW ??

do like his intangibles, and sure seems like he might be helpful in corralling some of the off target throws from the Herbatron, and do agree that he does spell Keenan in time.... yes, he's in the mix.
                RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

want to take a look @another wideout, and one eye purposely left off/out, coz just not that enamored w/him, and.... he is consistently given first round kudos/consideration, not to mention making the top half of Jeremiah's mock 1.0

hellavah report on this guy.... most interesting thing to me is that he received mention of a taller Keenan Allen, and.... an MW compare ??

he's got alotta superlatives.... beast, playmaker, moves the chains, red zone threat/target, possession receiver w/big hands, physical, smart/better against zone coverage than GW, zone killer, run blocker, can beat double coverage, over two contested catches/game, nearly 3 broken tackles/game.... is a short 2 intermediate routes guy, and....

just as many knocks to go w/his accolades.... medical/ankle concerns, 70 percent completion percentage, not great route runner, drop rate similar to JW (not so great), long injury history, will take time to develop vs. GW who is game ready day one, contested catch guy w/injury concerns, question as to whether head injuries (two concussions) drop him a round or off board altogether ?? does he make it thru 17-20+ game season ?? riskier home run pick vs. more sure thing w/GW (strong 2/weak WR1 btw), short on longspeed, YPC is not MWesque.

the key factor by my take is that he doesn't reliably gain separation, and.... for the betting/gambit populous out there, apparently there was no ligament damage to his ankle ??

for myself, dude is off the board, albeit could see him gaining Chargers consideration if he somehow pulled a Keenan and was still there round three (Araiza ?), and.... not on my board, as was more wary of MW than anybody in his draft year round one, and.... am getting similar vibes.... gonna leave this guy w/a no thank you (and make do w/Palmer for now), and.... gander that he will have success in the NFL

ps. this link below is a very unique read, and takes the time to scout out the top four wideouts.... very detailed scouting report/analysis.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFL_Draft/comments/s72pde/drake_london_scouting_report/
                  RT Taliese Fuaga, DT Jer'Zhan Newton, NT T'Vondre Sweat, LB Cedric Gray, TE Ben Sinnott, RB Daijun Edwards, FS Cole Bishop, QB Joe Milton

Comment

• equivocation
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2021
                    • Send PM

This is college data but take a look at the graph. Offense EPA/play is minimized just under 6 players in the box.

Light box concepts give you reinforcements in the secondary so you can use cheaper players but you need studs up front.

Comment

• equivocation
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2021
                      • Send PM

That being said, Travon Walker is increasingly my guy. His edge rush moves are currently lacking but he makes up for it by being a great interior rusher. He is an absolute stud holding the edge in run defense and is a natural at attacking and defeating blocks instead of running around them. He also has incredible upside with his size, athletic ability, violence, and nose for the ball. In a couple years he could have an Aaron Donald level impact.

If he could take some early down load off of Bosa I think our entire defense will benefit. Bosa should be playing 60% to 65% of snaps, not 85%.

I see him going as high as 7 in mocks. I'm convinced he's value at 17 but not convinced he will be there.

2nd round I'm looking at Mathis/Wyatt/Ridgeway.

Fill in slot CB later with a guy who has short area quickness and can shed and tackle.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Re: Georgia defense's alpha-dawg... I think there are a lot of dawgs on that defense. That may be one of the best front-7's college has ever seen. Are they a sum of their parts...? Can single players elevate an NFL team's defense...? Probably. Put any one of those front-7 on an NFL defense and that defense become better... as long as they have some other good players around them.

I've been mocking Channing Tindall to us lately. He's probably the least heralded of those 7. But he has some great traits. I think he fits Staley's (Fangio's) scheme. A 3-down LB that does many things well. High football IQ.

NFL linebacker prospect Channing Tindall Highlights

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                          Re: Georgia defense's alpha-dawg... I think there are a lot of dawgs on that defense. That may be one of the best front-7's college has ever seen. Are they a sum of their parts...? Can single players elevate an NFL team's defense...? Probably. Put any one of those front-7 on an NFL defense and that defense become better... as long as they have some other good players around them.

I've been mocking Channing Tindall to us lately. He's probably the least heralded of those 7. But he has some great traits. I think he fits Staley's (Fangio's) scheme. A 3-down LB that does many things well. High football IQ.

NFL linebacker prospect Channing Tindall Highlights
                          I actually think Dean can do more in our defense and be a stud who also has a big football IQ.
                          But he would be a first round pick. So again for me, depending on what we do in FA'cy in who we keep and who we sign. If we lose Kyzir, LB becomes a bigger need.
                          I think them depending on Murray may be a mistake but I hate to give up on him and right now he is a big gamble. He just looks so lost out there.
                          11 Brock Bowers TE - Georgia (plus AZ 2025 1st)
                          35 Kris Jenkins DT - Michigan
                          37 Cooper Beebe OG -Kansas st
                          66 Mike Sainristil CB - Michigan
                          69 Jaylen Wright RB - Tenn or Blake Corum - Michigan
                          100 Brenden Rice WR - USC (trade ⬆️w/ Wash for 2025 5th)
                          110 Cedric Gray LB - N. Carolina
                          140 Hunter Nourzad OC -Penn st
                          181 Jarrian Jones CB - Florida st
                          225 Cedrick Johnson Edge - Ol' Miss ➡️ 253 Fabien Lovett DT-FL st

Comment

Working...
                          X