2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Lol...I can see we are gonna butt heads this year...I think healthy, our interior dline is fine...now, if the value is there, I could see a DT in the first couple picks...but back to back? If your gonna snub Herbie, and go heavy on defense, at least gimme some Edge!! Rumph just has not materialized...your sig says you like Verse....

Smartt is an interesting wrinkle...if we see good stuff from him in our remaining games, maybe we pass on tight end...but while this years WR crop is thin at the top, it is rich in shifty, speedy guys...and that is a tool I want to add to the box, and before day 3.
    If DTs are BPA when we pick, I’d take them. You can’t have too much depth on the DL. And our starters are older. I’d take Verse also, ED is my #1 need for this team.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

25. Baltimore Ravens: Jalin Hyatt (WR – UT)

Jalin Hyatt blazed his way to a late first-round selection by the Baltimore Ravens, who are struggling to field a decent corps of pass-catchers. He’s not as technically savvy as the other top wideouts and only produced for one season, but his explosion was big enough for teams to take notice. Hyatt can step in as the top slot receiver, so Rashod Bateman can operate almost entirely outside.

27. Cincinnati Bengals: Michael Mayer (TE – ND)

This is another perfect match. The Bengals’ offense has been rolling lately but tends to break down when one of their star receivers gets injured. Michael Mayer is a pass-catching weapon that has also shown massive strides in his run-blocking skills this season. Mayer led the FBS in total offensive grade, per PFF. He’d juice that Bengals’ offense up immediately.​

31. Buffalo Bills: Bijan Robinson (RB – TEX)

Honestly, I think Bijan Robinson will go higher than this. For now, I just want to make sure people are aware that Robinson deserves to go in the first round of the NFL draft. The Bills are an excellent landing spot for him, as they have a strong roster and can afford the luxury pick. Robinson exploded for 1,894 scrimmage yards and 20 touchdowns for the Texas Longhorns this season. He has the burst and cutting ability to translate to the NFL immediately.​​
      I think Jaxon is on the Bolt’s short list. Gotta keep feeding Herbert with quality WRs. We need true #1 receivers to match with Herbie’s deadly skill set. And you generally find that in the 1st.

Mayer and Robinson are too much of a luxury pick considering the Bolt’s needs on both lines. Line play wins games.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

TT could get Mauch in the 3rd.
        3rd seems a little high. Deep class of OG's (especially with many OT's that fit better @OG.)

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

3rd seems a little high. Deep class of OG's (especially with many OT's that fit better @OG.)
          That’s why he’s a perfect fit for TT’s 3rd round philosophy.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

That’s why he’s a perfect fit for TT’s 3rd round philosophy.
            Maybe. I hope TT uses Rounds 1-3 to finish off Staley's defense. CB, NT, safety.

Comment

• beachcomber
              & ramblin' man
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Maybe. I hope TT uses Rounds 1-3 to finish off Staley's defense. CB, NT, safety.
              he's used a second rounder and two FA signings @CB, a day three pick and a FA signing @NT, and a third rounder @safety, not to mention already being gifted the highest paid player @that position.

think DT, ED and the Oline are still big priorities/needs as well.

QB * Daniel, Stick
              RB * MG3 * not sure we've ever filled that gap in the offensive backfield, albeit Kelley is a worthwhile RB3 atm
              WR * think we're set, as suspect we'll resign Guyton to modest contract
              TE * Hunter Henry/Richard Rodgers * nice p/u w/the latter, but think there's too much talent in draft not to upgrade here
              OT * Storm, Pips * think the latter is gonna be too rich for our blood/budget
              OG * Feiler, Jaimes * think we restructure the former, but may upgrade the latter in the draft
              OC * Clapp

NT * would love someone here, but w/Bash, Fehoko and Otito, not sure if there is an imperative
              DT * Tillery * is Morgan Fox enough, as not sure we resign Covington, or do we need a sixth IDL ??
              ED * not sure I see the necessity in moving off of Tuska, but guessing plenty of peoples want a fifth here
              LB * Tranq, Reeder * if we add an ED, guessing Van Noy gets moved here on depth chart, but prolly still need a fifth
              CB * think we're set w/JC Jack, Asante, Mike D. and Leonard, and w/the resign of Callahan
              S * might be set here as well w/Derwin, Alohi, JT Woods, Ja'Sir and Webb

needs: QB, RB, TE, OT, OG, OC, DT, ED, LB

would be looking QB, RB, LB and maybe ED (Tanoh Kpassagnon ?) in FA, and add rest via the draft

CB, NT, S is spelled Callahan/Mike D., Fehoko & Woods/Webb ???
              5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Attack
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2017
                • Send PM

If DTs are BPA when we pick, I’d take them. You can’t have too much depth on the DL. And our starters are older. I’d take Verse also, ED is my #1 need for this team.
                Agree. Pass rush is top need for me. I can't see WR in first round, especially if Keenan, Mike, and Josh all remain on the team next yr, and Guyton comes back.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Hmm, SJD is 27 and Austin Johnson is 28. I think only Mack is 30 or older.

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Attack View Post

Agree. Pass rush is top need for me. I can't see WR in first round, especially if Keenan, Mike, and Josh all remain on the team next yr, and Guyton comes back.
                    am not against back 2 back IDL as the both of Bresee and Siaki are penetrating/disruptive interior Dlinemen.... (worked for Carolina).
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

I was all about going after a WR in the first but as some pointed out, the WR would be 4th on the depth chart. Not exactly the best use of a 1st rounder this coming year. A player I would like them to go after in free agency with speed is Darius Slayton. With cuts and restructuring some contracts, I think they could sign him and a couple other depth guys. I think Slayton as a 4th receiver could thrive in this O.
                      So with WR off the board for me in the first, it’s either OT, DT or Edge. I think CB is good for 1 more year but I also think taking a CB in the 3rd or 4th would be wise. I also think if TE Dalton Kincaid is there in the 2nd, it would be a very wise pick. If not, then Jaheim Bell in the 3rd or 4th. Either way, I think a TE in the first 4 rounds is needed.
                      I also think if they cut Feiler and restructure Linsley they can resign Pip. That takes OT off in the 1st round but still draft some depth in the later rounds.

I’m hoping they can pick up some speed at the WR position and some good edge depth in free agency.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

I see O line as a rather big issue this year.Look how little time Herb has to throw.Hoping all O line starters will remain healthy all next year is a fool's errand.I think we need alot out of the next draft.More Quality O line beef,another DT,a good Edge rusher,a speedy WR,and always more DBs.Gonna be interesting to see what direction our new(hopefully)GM goes this time around.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

Biggest receiver need is TE, not WR. Everette isn’t a reliable threat. A top quality TE would lift the entire offense.

Fouts had Winslow. Rivers had Gates.

Now it’s time to get Herbies Hall of fame TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X