2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Pip will likely be back whether you like or not. Just what i see happening. Im not drafting a RT early in any mocks til i see he isnt brought back because im assuming he is. Not sure CB is a big need either. Depends on the progress they like in the CBs they drafted last year.
    And until they bring Pipkins back, I'm keeping RT as a PON. They can bring him back... it still won't mean that he's much better than average or a little above average. If that's what they're settling for... so be it. I prefer better.

And until they bring back Callahan, I'm keeping NB/CB as a need, too.​

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

We wont be able to afford our OL in 4 years from now lol. I just seriously doubt Kincaid comes close to #54.
      By then, Slater will be on his 2nd contract. So, yeah he'll be expensive.
      Guards are less expensive (average salary around $4 million). Feiler is on the roster for $8.5 right now. Your top guards average around 13-14 million.
      If you draft a RT in the draft... they're on their rookie contract.

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Herb as it looks like, will play unless he breaks a bone. Thats just his way and Rivers did it as well.
        Id love to sign Minshew but he likely wont see the field and he will cost a bit. So thats why im fine if we sign Cooper Rush and draft say Bennett in round 7. Dude is undersized but he looked just as good throwing the ball as the top rated QBs and looked better imo than Richardson and Levis. I know its in shorts but his ball placement was good.

Were talking 3rd stringer here with a chance to develope,.,.. though he is 25 already.
        It make a lot of sense for Chargers to sign Copper Rush because of Kellen Moore connection.
        And then draft a QB in Rd 6-7. Bennett or Duggan.
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

It make a lot of sense for Chargers to sign Copper Rush because of Kellen Moore connection.
          And then draft a QB in Rd 6-7. Bennett or Duggan.
          Problem is 30 other teams thinking same thing. I mentioned signing Cooper preseason when Dallas put him out there. Oddly enough nobody listened. He cleared and back on roster. Ship has passed, time to move on.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

By then, Slater will be on his 2nd contract. So, yeah he'll be expensive.
            Guards are less expensive (average salary around $4 million). Feiler is on the roster for $8.5 right now. Your top guards average around 13-14 million.
            If you draft a RT in the draft... they're on their rookie contract.
            Not quite. From the top paid #1 to the 20th the salary is from 20 mil a season down to 5.1 mil.

Zion should be top 10 by then and even at #10, that is 10.25 mil a season next season. If he is top 5 now your talking 16 mil. Than a year later, the other first rounder is due.

Listing the top salaries, cap-hits, contracts, bonuses, and more for all active NFL players.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Problem is 30 other teams thinking same thing. I mentioned signing Cooper preseason when Dallas put him out there. Oddly enough nobody listened. He cleared and back on roster. Ship has passed, time to move on.
              He is a free agent. Ship has docked.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

[QUOTE=Boltjolt;n1473335]
                Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

I'd argue we can get any of them outside round 1 including a OT in round 2.....if we need one. I think BPA is the way to go in any of these positions.

LB you say we need a starter, a better starter anyways,....and I'd agree. The three best are in late round one to round 2 with 2 of them likely not making it to us in round 2.

We need a nickle back as of this moment. Branch would be the best get.....he is round 1.

I'm just not passing on Bijan if he makes it to us. Ekeler has said he wants someone to help share the load. What he has done is irrelevant to that. We need another to step up.
                Keenan is awesome, not a playmaker type we are thinking of in this situation.

Need an edge to at least be better than Rumph has been or if one of Bosa and Mack get injured. Joey is almost a given these days.

TE is weak other than the guy in his last year of his contract.

I'm very skeptical of Woods, though I expect Imrovement, and kinda have concerns if Austin Johnson will be 100 % to start the season.

I'd like to see the TEAM get better.

BPA is my process.
                BPA in just R1 or in every round? Seems the theory must be applied to all, right?

ok - Rd1 - BPA is a CB - so we take him
                Rd2 - BPA … uh, its a CB again - we take him again
                Rd3 BPA - damn it, another CB. OK, CBs in Rds 1-3
                Rd4 BPA - WTF, another CB? Damnit, we got the All-CB draft rolling now!

see where I’m going here? Blind BPA will not make your team better unless you are lucky to have BPA at a position you can use him at. What if BPA is QB the first 3 rds - we taking 3 QBs with Herbie The Golden God on the team? Of course not..

Upgrade the roster - replace weak players and fill the holes the best overall way possible. If you have multiple holes you have better chance of a BP-ish player available to fill one of them. But Blind BPA - pffft, ridiculous!

We do not have one single elite power RB. We also do not have one elite TE. We also do not have one speedy elite receiver. Lets go get some of that shit.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2021
                  • Send PM

He is a free agent. Ship has docked.
                  30 other teams still apply.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                    Dont let the PBs fool ya
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Henderson, NV
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

30 other teams still apply.
                    Probably less. Some other teams don't need a backup and there are other backups available that teams might consider better options, like Marriota, Bridgewater, Keenum, Brisset,Flacco, and some others.
                    Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-12-2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Send PM

Probably less. Some other teams don't need a backup and there are other backups available that teams might consider better options, like Marriota, Bridgewater, Keenum, Brisset,Flacco, and some others.
                      I wouldn’t consider any of those options mentioned better, would you? From small sample size, Rush has a plus arm compared to Purdy. I like them both, futures bright. Rest are has beens and being a Duck alum, I’ve always pulled for Mariota, but he, Teddy, Case, Jacoby and Joe have run their course.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1473854]

BPA in just R1 or in every round? Seems the theory must be applied to all, right?

see where I’m going here? Blind BPA will not make your team better unless you are lucky to have BPA at a position you can use him at. What if BPA is QB the first 3 rds - we taking 3 QBs with Herbie The Golden God on the team? Of course not..

Upgrade the roster - replace weak players and fill the holes the best overall way possible. If you have multiple holes you have better chance of a BP-ish player available to fill one of them. But Blind BPA - pffft, ridiculous!

We do not have one single elite power RB. We also do not have one elite TE. We also do not have one speedy elite receiver. Lets go get some of that shit.
                        I think you know better than that. I wouldn't pick a QB till at least round 6 but BPA in round 1, maybe 2 but we got to fill holes as well. Just see how the draft unfolds but in round 1 when somebody falls at a position we can use, take him even if it isn't your biggest need.

Who knows for sure but the feeling I get is they are resigning Pipkins. Possibly Tranquill.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 03-12-2023, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

[QUOTE=dmac_bolt;n1473854]

I'm probably getting a RT in the 1st. The position is just too valuable. If I'm taking the #24 prospect (say it's Darnell)... I'm happy.
                          I'm probably getting a CB in the 2nd. The position is valuable and the class is deep. I'm probably getting the #45 prospect with the 56th pick.
                          From there, it's BPA LB/DL/Edge... because they're important. I probably get a starting LB or depth at DL/Edge.

It's not like I haven't studied the position groups...

Comment

Working...
                          X