2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonorajim
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Well for me, it’s kinda a reset with signing Kellen Moore as new OC. One thing I’ve always admired about Cowboys is how well they develop and use the TE position. It’s really clear now, that Mayer is everything that fits and has been compared to Andrews who Herbert really clicked with. Only problem is I don’t expect him to make it where Chargers select. Don’t think Kincaid or Washington ideal fits? Might have to wait until 3rd for a player who could make immediate impact like Sam LaPorta, Iowa.
    Kincaid should be in consideration. May be as good or better receiver than Mayer. Stats are comparable. Mayer is a plus blocker.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Don't get fooled by "highlights", I've seen games where he disappeared. (and that's not easy at his size).

I do agree with you Roo, but Bennett had to throw him the ball. And Bennett had this kid named Bowers running around.........

Bowers could be the number one non QB pick when he comes out. You heard it here first.........

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Kincaid should be in consideration. May be as good or better receiver than Mayer. Stats are comparable. Mayer is a plus blocker.
        Love Kincaid, but he doesn't slot very well to us....early second round is my guess...Mayer is NFL ready, but Kincaid probably needs a little work to be a #1TE, which is why I wouldn't reach for him in the first...there will simply be a better player there for us at 21...

Musgrave may have more upside even than Kincaid, and may slide to us in the second, due to his lack of production/tape. (Injury) Rumours are 6'6" 250#, and will run close to 4.5 40...yikes.

Outside of Mayer, Kincaid, or Musgrave...not sure there is anybody else in this draft that will actually improve on our current group much.
        The TPB makes plans....And Jim Harbaugh laughs...

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB, Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• sonorajim
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I do agree with you Roo, but Bennett had to throw him the ball. And Bennett had this kid named Bowers running around.........

Bowers could be the number one non QB pick when he comes out. You heard it here first.........
          #1 non QB is unlikely but.. he's interesting. Good tip!

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post

I agree, Bowers is the TE I'd love us to get but that's a year away.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Good advice.
              Have you watched Texas RB Bijan Robinson highlights? Knocked my socks off.
              '22 stats: 258- 1580- 6.1 avg- 18 TDs I'd like your opinion on him.
              I sure think Robinson is an outstanding prospect but will we use our first for a RB? Also, he's so good, I bet he goes earlier.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Love Kincaid, but he doesn't slot very well to us....early second round is my guess...Mayer is NFL ready, but Kincaid probably needs a little work to be a #1TE, which is why I wouldn't reach for him in the first...there will simply be a better player there for us at 21...

Musgrave may have more upside even than Kincaid, and may slide to us in the second, due to his lack of production/tape. (Injury) Rumours are 6'6" 250#, and will run close to 4.5 40...yikes.

Outside of Mayer, Kincaid, or Musgrave...not sure there is anybody else in this draft that will actually improve on our current group much.
                Musgrave is a good prospect too. I rank them in the same order you have them above. I'd be very happy to see Herbert with a top notch TE. I think about Rivers/Gates. We could be happy with something like that again. Gates bailed us out of many third down situations.

Seen any good power forwards as you watch college basketball this year?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

I sure think Robinson is an outstanding prospect but will we use our first for a RB? Also, he's so good, I bet he goes earlier.
                  I am not fond of 1st round RB but would make an exception for Bijan i think he'll be an exceptional player. He may go earlier.
                  He's in my cluster. LB Drew Sanders, Ark has gotten my eye 6-5, 245 athlete, really moves well. More likely there.at 21

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

Did anyone catch the nflpa bowl? I was watching it and I was shocked that I only knew one maybe two players on both sides combined…as the draft process continues I might rewatch the game to gain insight on one or two guys but right now it didn’t mean much to me to watch that game…the east-west game last year featured several future charger draft picks or UDRFA signings…so I went back and watched that game after the draft and jasir taylor popped in that game, horvath was okay, of the other guys none even made the practice squad…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• AK47
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • May 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

If we were scoring 28 ppg we wouldn't be too worried about our D giving up 145 yard per game. We averaged 23 and were bad in the red zone. Of course, we do need.
                      to improve our run D. We want the D to get 3 and out and get the ball in Herberts hands.
                      Scoring 28 a game:

- takes pressure off said run game especially in end of 2nd quarter/ 4th quarter in circumstances where teams are forced to pass due to time constraints.
                      - forces offenses to go up against our pass defense which is better than run defense.
                      - indicates a healthy redzone offense.
                      - indicates a healthy scoring kicking game.

That said we need some talent via draft to solidify this d-line. Do you want to draft offensive weapons and allow Staley to tinker with our D vs draft Defense and hope the new OC gets us back on track.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Windsor, U.K.
                        • Send PM

Last year's draft was loaded with TE's, from 1 to 7.
                        Anyone have any idea how this year's TE class compares?
                        Don't necessarily need to take a TE in round 1. Should be quality found further down.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

I've heard alotta good things about TE Washington.Possibly goin in the 2nd.

Comment

Working...
                          X