2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    ^^ we’ve drafted OL #1 our last 2 drafts. We also signed the highest priced FA center. Our investment in OL is equal to or exceeds Cincy. They’ve also invested heavily in WR TE and RB using 1st and 2nd round picks for all their guys. That’s where the dog is buried as they say
    The Bengals played three backup offensive lineman against the Bills and that makeshift line of Cincinnati rushed for 172 yards and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. I love Mixon + Pernine as backs, but
    I will insist the Chargers fielded superior talent and could not produce at that level, I struggle to lay that all on Joe Lombardi.

The Chargers need to nail down a RT as I believe Salyer is the next left guard as Feiler exits. That leaves only question marks with Pipkens consistency at RT.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

The Bengals played three backup offensive lineman against the Bills and that makeshift line of Cincinnati rushed for 172 yards and averaged 5.1 yards per carry. I love Mixon + Pernine as backs, but
      I will insist the Chargers fielded superior talent and could not produce at that level, I struggle to lay that all on Joe Lombardi.

The Chargers need to nail down a RT as I believe Salyer is the next left guard as Feiler exits. That leaves only question marks with Pipkens consistency at RT.
      Who do you lay it on if you think they had the talent but didn't produce offensively?

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
        Charger Fan since 1978
        • Sep 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
        ^^ we’ve drafted OL #1 our last 2 drafts. We also signed the highest priced FA center. Our investment in OL is equal to or exceeds Cincy. They’ve also invested heavily in WR TE and RB using 1st and 2nd round picks for all their guys. That’s where the dog is buried as they say
        I showed you that they’ve made more overall picks but the two #1s are similar to their spending on carman and williams IMO, let’s call it a push, plus they signed higher priced FAs this past offseason than our total investment in linsley and fieler…as for them drafting RBs and WRs in early rounds, they didn’t have MWs, ekeler, and Keenan sitting on their roster so that’s worth taking into account…

in our recent drafts nothing has fucked us more than tillery at 28 and the trade up for kenneth murray, that’s a lot of draft capital sunken into a guy that’s not even on the team anymore and another that has not proven to be worth what they gave to go back into the 1st round to get him…to think that we could’ve drafted herbert and Jonathan taylor in rounds 1 and 2 in 2020…the guys drafted in round 2 after the 37th pick in 2020 draft is kind of crazy, john spanos and TT could’ve blindfolded themselves and thrown darts at the board and they would’ve had a better chance on hitting on something than what they’ve gotten in return from murray…
        "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I showed you that they’ve made more overall picks but the two #1s are similar to their spending on carman and williams IMO, let’s call it a push, plus they signed higher priced FAs this past offseason than our total investment in linsley and fieler…as for them drafting RBs and WRs in early rounds, they didn’t have MWs, ekeler, and Keenan sitting on their roster so that’s worth taking into account…

in our recent drafts nothing has fucked us more than tillery at 28 and the trade up for kenneth murray, that’s a lot of draft capital sunken into a guy that’s not even on the team anymore and another that has not proven to be worth what they gave to go back into the 1st round to get him…to think that we could’ve drafted herbert and Jonathan taylor in rounds 1 and 2 in 2020…the guys drafted in round 2 after the 37th pick in 2020 draft is kind of crazy, john spanos and TT could’ve blindfolded themselves and thrown darts at the board and they would’ve had a better chance on hitting on something than what they’ve gotten in return from murray…
          MW was a #1, Keenan a #3 and Ek a UDFA. They've got 3 WRs who were #1 or #2 and a TE was was a #1.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JOJAX85 View Post

I'm not a draftnik but Hyatt is really projected to go that late?? I thought for sure he would be a 1st Rounder. He'd certainly provide the deep threat that we need. Also, it'd be cool for me, because he went to high school about 5 miles from my house.
            these draft simulators don’t get more realistic until we get closer to the draft when more information is available on these guys, late climbers will factor in too so sometimes guys thought to be going higher go lower and the other way around, it could very well end up ika in round #2 and hyatt in round #1, who knows, we have to wait for combine results and the different all star bowl games to see who’s trending up and who’s trending down…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think the Chargers need to go defense, specifically front seven this draft in the first Round.

To wit: 26. DALLAS COWBOYS: LB DREW SANDERS, ARKANSAS

Micah Parsons has moved completely on the ball. This pick gives you what Micah Parsons was as an off-ball because he's an off-ball linebacker who can rush the passer at a high level, so basically you have a Micah Parsons on the ball and a kind-of Micah Parsons off the ball, and I think that would just take this Cowboys front seven to an insane level.” — Mike Renner

I was that guy said Micah Parsons would be the guy at EDGE and I think Drew Sanders is the next Micah Parsons. He can also blitz BETTER than Kenneth Murray, and line-up at EDGE in blitz overload schemes. Yes, the Chargers need DT and WR and TE and RT.

To the WR guys, I get you:

25. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: WR ZAY FLOWERS, BOSTON COLLEGE

“Zay Flowers is what [the Chargers] are missing. We talk about that offense just not having separators, and I think it's time, unfortunately, for the Chargers to bite the bullet and say, ‘Keenan Allen, your contract is too much for your level of performance right now.' And I think parting ways with him may be in the cards this offseason.” — Mike Renner

Looking at this draft, there isn't a DT talent (right now) that warrants a draft pick in the first beyond Jalen Carter and Bryan Bresee. So, I go Sanders in the 1st and WR later.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-mock-draft-2023-reviewing-mike-renners-first-round-mock

I don't remember the last time the Chargers had a serious threat like that to take a crossing route to the house, maybe Curtis Conway.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

ghost, LB/S are my stealth PON's.
                With a size to speed ratio WR mid, late.
                Comparing Sanders and Clemson's Simpson tape is on my to do list.
                Feed Rumph II some micellar casein plz.
                Good, advanced scouting IMHO Sir.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                  The Rise of Kellen Moore
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                  ghost, LB/S are my stealth PON's.
                  With a size to speed ratio WR mid, late.
                  Comparing Sanders and Clemson's Simpson tape is on my to do list.
                  Feed Rumph II some micellar casein plz.
                  Good, advanced scouting IMHO Sir.
                  You got your premium safety last year in JT Woods. He's the present from last year that remains underneath the tree, wrapped. He gonna pair with Derwin. Enough said, as everything else at safety is depth-talk. Mark Webb was also signed to a futures contract.

LB is where the Chargers gained consistency this season. I think we can all agree missed tackles and bad angles were down, and execution was improved. The points-per-game to close out the season is a stat to admire. Think the front office and staff works towards building the interior of the defense. Drew Sanders could take the defense to the next level. I'm sure as his Pro Day approaches my takes on him will wax and wane but what Micah Parsons added to the existing Cowboys defense was an alchemy I had not previously witnessed before, we've got to get us some of that.

That is a solid to-do list.

Comment

• ghost
                    The Rise of Kellen Moore
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Best Linebacker in the Nation

Drew Sanders 2022 Arkansas Highlights

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
                      Let's do this!
                      • Aug 2022
                      • Raleigh N. Carolina
                      • Send PM

Watching the playoffs I'm convinced more than ever we need a stud, nay, a superstar TE

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jan 2023
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Cincy made a big investment in OL. I thought Burrows was going to die last year he was hit so often.
                        It's way early to compare Chase to Rice but he is a quality WR.
                        Burrows wishes he could throw like Herbert who holds all the records for young QBs.
                        Not arguing against WR, I'd like one with size, speed early.
                        BPA at 21. Hyatt might be the guy.
                        Here’s the thing Chase is this Jerry Rice in this era meaning when he’s on the field. You are always game planning where he’s at. Whenever he touches the ball. He can score. I saw that in Randy Moss what’s different with Chase it’s electric speed and power.

when I watched Rice he had that. He’d take a slant to a touchdown. Rice is Jerry Rice. But Chase is a tremendous rout runner. We can talk about Tyreke Hill but Chase is a complete receiver. Herbert is the best Quarterback in the NFL in my opinion. But What Burrow has that Herbert doesn’t have yet. Is the ability to see a game and just let it come to him not get razzeled. Example Jaguar game. Get the ball. Get first downs get a touchdown and win the game.

another thing about Chase. He was going to score the game winning touchdown in the super bowl but Aaron Donald got the sack.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                          I think the Chargers need to go defense, specifically front seven this draft in the first Round.

To wit: 26. DALLAS COWBOYS: LB DREW SANDERS, ARKANSAS

Micah Parsons has moved completely on the ball. This pick gives you what Micah Parsons was as an off-ball because he's an off-ball linebacker who can rush the passer at a high level, so basically you have a Micah Parsons on the ball and a kind-of Micah Parsons off the ball, and I think that would just take this Cowboys front seven to an insane level.” — Mike Renner

I was that guy said Micah Parsons would be the guy at EDGE and I think Drew Sanders is the next Micah Parsons. He can also blitz BETTER than Kenneth Murray, and line-up at EDGE in blitz overload schemes. Yes, the Chargers need DT and WR and TE and RT.

To the WR guys, I get you:

25. LOS ANGELES CHARGERS: WR ZAY FLOWERS, BOSTON COLLEGE

“Zay Flowers is what [the Chargers] are missing. We talk about that offense just not having separators, and I think it's time, unfortunately, for the Chargers to bite the bullet and say, ‘Keenan Allen, your contract is too much for your level of performance right now.' And I think parting ways with him may be in the cards this offseason.” — Mike Renner

Looking at this draft, there isn't a DT talent (right now) that warrants a draft pick in the first beyond Jalen Carter and Bryan Bresee. So, I go Sanders in the 1st and WR later.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-nfl-mock-draft-2023-reviewing-mike-renners-first-round-mock

I don't remember the last time the Chargers had a serious threat like that to take a crossing route to the house, maybe Curtis Conway.
                          Absolutely disagree about focusing on defense in the first...but you are spot on about Sanders....and more and more, I see him possibly going in the first. There are players I think I would prefer, that would likely be available when we pick, that would work for MY strategy....but even at 21, you won't hear me complain if we put Sander's name on the card...one of my favorite players in the draft.

My strategy is to stack the offense....speed at reciever, bruising TE, generational RB...but in the end, there are players in this draft I would love to have on this team, regardless of what side of the ball they play on...and Sanders is one of them.
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X