2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

How do you get under the cap? How do you re-sign/sign FA's to get to the 53-man roster?
    Other teams seem to find a way when we hear they are over the cap. Look at the Cowboys and Rams. Before least season they had hardly any picks and we're over the cap and won a SB. KC another.
    And I wouldn't expect us to be signing many FAs next year,especially high priced FAs. Id expect none on the high end.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

As for Mack, you just dont give up a 2nd round pick for a one year rental. That would be pretty bad imo.
      I think the Keenan trade talk is crazy. Whatever they do, he will be here next season....but im sure with a better cap situation.
      What if Mack was just a bridge to the 2023 season?
      We're still waiting for Rumph. If he is productive near year's end, do you think Mack is still essential?

I think Mack was an "All In" move for this year. His contract is structured as such.
      I think there are some good EDGE players in this year's 2023 draft. Deep enough to legitimately be there near the end of the 1st round.

Assuming Will Anderson Jr and Myles Murphy are gone...
      K-State defensive End Felix Anudike-Uzomah, 1st team All Big 12 as a true sophomore2021 stats- 51 tackles 14.5 TFL 11 sacks 6 forced fumbles(13 sacks, but 2 ...

LSU edge rusher projected very highly in next year's draft 2021 Stats: 54 tackles, 7 sacks

Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey had an outstanding season last year and is looking to increase his draft stock in his senior season! #GoIrishCheck out some of Fos...

Jared verse, Jared verse highlights, Jared verse fsu, Jared verse fsu highlights, Jared verse Florida state, Jared verse Florida state highlights, Jared verse lsu, Jared verse lsu highlights, Jared Verse vs lsu

I think this class rivals 2021's class.

BTW, Chargers 2nd round picks haven't always been anything I wouldn't trade for a SB run for...

Marcus Gilchrist
      Kendall Reyes
      Manti Teo
      Jeremiah Attouchu
      Denzel Perryman
      Hunter Henry
      Forrest Lamp
      Uchenna Nwosu
      Nasir Adderly
      Kenneth Murray
      Asante Samuel

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Draft Hyatt from TN

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

What if Mack was just a bridge to the 2023 season?
          We're still waiting for Rumph. If he is productive near year's end, do you think Mack is still essential?

I think Mack was an "All In" move for this year. His contract is structured as such.
          I think there are some good EDGE players in this year's 2023 draft. Deep enough to legitimately be there near the end of the 1st round.

Assuming Will Anderson Jr and Myles Murphy are gone...
          K-State defensive End Felix Anudike-Uzomah, 1st team All Big 12 as a true sophomore2021 stats- 51 tackles 14.5 TFL 11 sacks 6 forced fumbles(13 sacks, but 2 ...

LSU edge rusher projected very highly in next year's draft 2021 Stats: 54 tackles, 7 sacks

Notre Dame's Isaiah Foskey had an outstanding season last year and is looking to increase his draft stock in his senior season! #GoIrishCheck out some of Fos...

Jared verse, Jared verse highlights, Jared verse fsu, Jared verse fsu highlights, Jared verse Florida state, Jared verse Florida state highlights, Jared verse lsu, Jared verse lsu highlights, Jared Verse vs lsu

I think this class rivals 2021's class.

BTW, Chargers 2nd round picks haven't always been anything I wouldn't trade for a SB run for...

Marcus Gilchrist
          Kendall Reyes
          Manti Teo
          Jeremiah Attouchu
          Denzel Perryman
          Hunter Henry
          Forrest Lamp
          Uchenna Nwosu
          Nasir Adderly
          Kenneth Murray
          Asante Samuel
          Asante Samuel
          Erik Weddle
          Marcus McNeill
          Drew Brees
          Henry I still wish we had him.

And I'd consider Perryman a good pick, he was just injured too often.

Second round picks can be valuable, just have to draft the right guy. If they can swing it, I think Mack stays. We still need another Edge with Mack. Injuries and depth. This is where an owner with deeper pockets comes into play.

Comment

• Boltnut
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Asante Samuel
            Erik Weddle
            Marcus McNeill
            Drew Brees
            Henry I still wish we had him.

And I'd consider Perryman a good pick, he was just injured too often.

Second round picks can be valuable, just have to draft the right guy. If they can swing it, I think Mack stays. We still need another Edge with Mack. Injuries and depth. This is where an owner with deeper pockets comes into play.
            And save Brees or Weddle, I'd trade the rights of any of those away for Khalil Mack for 1 year... and a very good chance to win a SB.
            If KA, JC, and Bosa are back healthy for the playoffs... that's a real possible outcome.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

This TE Kincaid for Utah is going off.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                This TE Kincaid for Utah is going off.
                Good looking player.

does anybody in college football play defense? The scores around the country are crazy

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kauai
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Good looking player.

does anybody in college football play defense? The scores around the country are crazy
                  SEC gets a ton of Blue Chips.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Feb 2022
                    • Send PM

Blake Corum had another big day running the football, with 166 yards against a very good Penn State defense. I also liked what I saw from Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs. There's a lot of time before next April's draft, but I would be thrilled to have either of those backs in the second round. I want an elite back to complement Herbert, but I will settle for one who can rush for 1,200 yards a season during his prime.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                      Blake Corum had another big day running the football, with 166 yards against a very good Penn State defense. I also liked what I saw from Alabama running back Jahmyr Gibbs. There's a lot of time before next April's draft, but I would be thrilled to have either of those backs in the second round. I want an elite back to complement Herbert, but I will settle for one who can rush for 1,200 yards a season during his prime.
                      His teammate Donovan Edwards had an even better day w/ 16 for 173. Both had 2 TDs.
                      They ran all over Penn st with over 400 yards rushing.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2022
                        • Send PM

His teammate Donovan Edwards had an even better day w/ 16 for 173. Both had 2 TDs.
                        They ran all over Penn st with over 400 yards rushing.
                        Yeah, he had a great game. Unfortunately he's a sophomore.

Comment

• beachcomber
                          & ramblin' man
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

this is how I see our team needs for the next go 'round,

RB * not sure any one position will have a greater impact.... if and only if that prospect is named Bijan
                          CB * dependent upon what happens w/the either of Callahan and/or Mike D.
                          LB * the stat, most yards before contact, and paired w/most yards after contact.... does not bode well for Drue
                          TE * Richard Rodgers was a nice/excellent p/u this offseason, and.... think you look to add a player here
                          OC * team Tommy John has gotten very lucky here to date, and.... it's not an if but when, their luck will run out w/Corey
                          FS * personally don't see this player, but do see a coupla few CBs that work for me, so guessing that might be the more likely add
                          PT * not sure on this one, and despite that Scott seems to be a top 10 punter, he doesn't really have the boot when trapped deep in our own territory

players I see us moving on from next offseason....
                          Storm, Clapp, Richard Rodgers, Chase Daniel, Easton, Sony Michel, Tillery, Tranquill, Nasir, JK Scott
                          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

Working...
                          X