2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chargeroo
    Fan since 1961
    • Jan 2019
    • Oregon
    • Retired Manager/Pastor
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

USC v. Notre Dame
    Michael Mayer - 8 catches for 98 yds and 2TDs
    Herbert would love having him on the team - our RB's would like it too.
    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Topcat
      AKA "Pollcat"
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Herbert would love having him on the team - our RB's would like it too.
      I'm afraid we'd have to trade up for Mayer...he's a top 10 talent...

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

USC v. Notre Dame
        Michael Mayer - 8 catches for 98 yds and 2TDs
        Impressive, and Im a big Mayer fan...but now go watch Dalton Kincaid and Utah vs the same USC team...it will blow your socks off, some of the catches he makes...
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• chargeroo
          Fan since 1961
          • Jan 2019
          • Oregon
          • Retired Manager/Pastor
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Impressive, and Im a big Mayer fan...but now go watch Dalton Kincaid and Utah vs the same USC team...it will blow your socks off, some of the catches he makes...
          I want both of them. Everette, Meyers, and Kincaid - love those three TE's offenses. Herbert will be putting up about 400 yards a game!
          THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Fleet 1
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Kauai
            • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Build around your best player(s). A great TE is our top need. I like drafting at the intersection of BPA & need but if a clearly best player is there at a position that is not bulging with similar talent, take him.
            Scoring early & often is one way of improving run D.
            How can we support DJ? Edge, DL, LB come to mind. The pass rush is not consistent. Tackling needs to improve. D Talent.
            Id start with a new coach. Just go out and get an offensive coach with experience and start to live and die with Herbert. Protect him. Give him weapons. But assuming Staley remains...

If we are in 11/12 personnel the majority of the time...a stud TE and 3rd WR with speed would make nice additions. Both starting positions. Not just a deep threat....a complete WR that does it all. I want more pre snap stutter and misdirection runs. I want more guys that can search and find open areas on the field. Really felt like we did plenty in free agency for the defense. The fact that Murray sucks also is another head scratcher. Given the fact that Staley has said he loves him and TT traded up for him. Another wasted high pick? D got their way this past offseason...i want to add some weapons on offense. I want to score 35 a game.

You could suggest to me every stud free agent on D and every stud available draft pick on D and i would not trust that we could make it work. I dont even think that much of this scheme we run. Because ever since that Packers loss in the 2020 postseason....teams have been running all over us knowing we cant stop them. Pack ruined the Rams on the ground in that game. And now Reid has figured out how to beat this style defense. Its not just the use of Kelce...

Goes over it a little here.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Id start with a new coach. Just go out and get an offensive coach with experience and start to live and die with Herbert. Protect him. Give him weapons. But assuming Staley remains...

If we are in 11/12 personnel the majority of the time...a stud TE and 3rd WR with speed would make nice additions. Both starting positions. Not just a deep threat....a complete WR that does it all. I want more pre snap stutter and misdirection runs. I want more guys that can search and find open areas on the field. Really felt like we did plenty in free agency for the defense. The fact that Murray sucks also is another head scratcher. Given the fact that Staley has said he loves him and TT traded up for him. Another wasted high pick? D got their way this past offseason...i want to add some weapons on offense. I want to score 35 a game.

You could suggest to me every stud free agent on D and every stud available draft pick on D and i would not trust that we could make it work. I dont even think that much of this scheme we run. Because ever since that Packers loss in the 2020 postseason....teams have been running all over us knowing we cant stop them. Pack ruined the Rams on the ground in that game. And now Reid has figured out how to beat this style defense. Its not just the use of Kelce...

I’m with you.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Our cap circumstances are the elephant in the room.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• beachcomber
                  & ramblin' man
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

I want both of them. Everette, Meyers, and Kincaid - love those three TE's offenses. Herbert will be putting up about 400 yards a game!
                  now there's a thought, as never considered the such.... worked for Carolina when they went back 2 back DTs, and which was a precursor to their SB run, no ??

and not sure it worked for Belichick when he signed the two TEs in FA ??

can't say it's a bad idea....
                  5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
                    & ramblin' man
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

for me the two HCs am interested in are D coaches.... Rivera and/or Flores, and.... would an OC suffice, or is it a requirement to go O for our HC ??

w/Phil it was always about the Oline.... he made silk purses outta sow's ears on O.

we have half an Oline atm.... Rashawn & Zion, and prolly Salyer.... Linsley & Feiler are in the balance ??

you know I wanted Garrett Wilson last go 'round, and that eye was prolly ok w/Jamison Williams, and.... not so sure there is that guy in this upcoming stanza ??

would prefer the receiving RB, i.e. Bijan, albeit Jahmyr is a good receiving back as well, as really don't see us moving off our top five wideouts.

def would like TE in the draft, as not so keen on anyone in FA.... like Kincaid, Musgrave might be ok, and not down w/Mayer's intangibles, but dude is prolly a solid if we pick him round one.

on D, am good w/letting the draft come to us, if one of the stud DL land on our porch round one, otherwise am def looking LB when opportunity knocks.
                    5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by beachcomber View Post

now there's a thought, as never considered the such.... worked for Carolina when they went back 2 back DTs, and which was a precursor to their SB run, no ??

and not sure it worked for Belichick when he signed the two TEs in FA ??

can't say it's a bad idea....
                      Not sure why he spent so much on them. They don't get used much. Smith hardly plays.

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

But...but...what about a run-stuffing DT?
                        (otoh, if Kincaid is there in round 3, I might pull the trigger)

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                          Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                          • Feb 2019
                          • McLean Illinois
                          • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

But...but...what about a run-stuffing DT?
                          (otoh, if Kincaid is there in round 3, I might pull the trigger)
                          I like our dline group, when healthy. Need better play from LBs. Honestly think best solution is to keep the D group together, but add to the offense, turning it into a juggernaut...maybe get a tough nosed DC to whoop some tackling fundamentals into some of these guys...I dont think we have bottom of the league personel, we are just injured, and in the case of some players, undisciplined. I support Staley, but he will probably need to make a big change in coaching on that side of the ball, vs personel...
                          Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

Working...
                          X