2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Either one of those guys would be a great add to the offense... and @a better value round than Mayer.
    Mayer would be very Herbert and Lombardi friendly.

This is a prospect I actually like for us, and it appears the slotting will be there.

I think Parham and Everett will be back, so an Inline TE with better receiving skills than McKitty would be of interest.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Mayer would be very Herbert and Lombardi friendly.

This is a prospect I actually like for us, and it appears the slotting will be there.

I think Parham and Everett will be back, so an Inline TE with better receiving skills than McKitty would be of interest.
      Oh, no doubt. I just have a hard time spending a high draft pick on TE.
      I'd be tempted to pick up a FA on the "cheap"... 3-5 million.
      I think we're slotted for a good CB.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Yeah I get it. You used the terpm value. JC's injury is troubling.

Comment

• SBbound
          Casual fanatic
          • Feb 2019
          • Merced/San Diego
          • Send PM

Yeah I get it. You used the terpm value. JC's injury is troubling.
          Originally it was reported as a dislocated kneecap but recently I read it was a dislocated knee. Big difference, any idea which one it is?

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Originally it was reported as a dislocated kneecap but recently I read it was a dislocated knee. Big difference, any idea which one it is?
            I am not sure. It did involved a ruptured patellar tendon--serious business. A very difficult recovery is what's ahead.

Comment

• Boltjolt
              Dont let the PBs fool ya
              • Jun 2013
              • Henderson, NV
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SBbound View Post

Torn Patella which isnt an easy injury to come back from and be the same player.
              Last edited by Boltjolt; 12-03-2022, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• beachcomber
                & ramblin' man
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

17. Los Angeles Chargers

Michael Mayer TE, Notre Dame

I know the Chargers need some help on the interior defensive line, but there just isn’t good value in this NFL mock draft scenario at that position. There is value, however, at tight end where Michael Mayer could provide Justin Herbert with a legitimate threat in the middle of the field that can truly challenge the seam. It’s never a bad idea to add to the weaponry at Herbert’s disposal.
                45. Las Vegas Raiders

Henry Bainivalu IOL, Washington

While Dylan Parham has a chance to be a long-term fixture on the interior of the Raiders’ offensive line, there isn’t anything else to be excited about. That changes with Henry Bainivalu, a pure technician with great size and movement skills.
                48. Los Angeles Chargers

Keeanu Benton NT, Wisconsin

The Chargers can’t stop the run, so adding a massive run-stopping defensive tackle in Keanu Benton is logical.
                49. New England Patriots

Noah Sewell LB, Oregon

The Patriots love big, burly linebackers that can play downhill and that’s what they get in Noah Sewell. He can develop into their next physical presence on the second level.

62. Detroit Lions (via MIN)

Dalton Kincaid TE, Utah

I wouldn’t be surprised if Dalton Kincaid ends up being the most dynamic receiving tight end in the class when we look back in a few years. He resets the money at tight end for Detroit after moving on from T.J. Hockenson and gives one of the brightest young offensive minds in the league (Ben Johnson) another weapon to mix into his scheme.

63. Kansas City Chiefs

Siaki Ika NT, Baylor

With Derrick Nnadi contract set to expire, the Chiefs could be in the market for a nose tackle. Siaki Ika is a massive man with surprising athleticism for his size that can provide the Chiefs with their latest second-round steal.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Lots of temptation there...the other picks near us.

We are gonna have to eventually put Bijan under a microscope, draft strategies be damned.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                    Smooth Operation
                    • May 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Torn Petalla which isnt an easy injury to come back from and be the same player.
                    Sickening but so true.
                    For JC.
                    For our cap space.
                    For our scheme.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

We need a top TE. We've seen what Kelce and Waller do for our AFCW opponents. Herbert should Not have to compete with less.

Comment

• Boltnut
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

We need a top TE. We've seen what Kelce and Waller do for our AFCW opponents. Herbert should Not have to compete with less.
                        We have a pretty good TE in Gerald Everett. IMO, we need a TE to back him up in case of injury. Hayden Hurst and Austin Hooper are both FA's at year's end. There are a lot of other FA TE's too.

Geisecki, Shultz, Engram, Tonyan, Irv Smith, Moreau. I'd see what the market brings. If we could get Akins, Hurst, Hooper, or Moreau for 3-5 million... we wouldn't have to spend any draft capital on that position. Plus, we already have targets (albeit injured this year)... KA, MW, Palmer, EKE, Everett.

Comment

• Boltnut
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Send PM

Sickening but so true.
                          For JC.
                          For our cap space.
                          For our scheme.
                          Yes, we have hardly any idea whether JC comes back as the CB we paid (over-paid) for.
                          Bryce Callahan has had quite a year. He came cheap. He wanted to prove he could put together a good year and stay health... he did.
                          He'll command $10+ million as a FA. Our cap can't cover that.
                          Our cap probably needs to shed Vato's 9.4 million (7.4 million savings).

We need CB(s). Taylor and Leonard are completely unproven.

Comment

Working...
                          X