2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
    Not a RAS guy but it is interesting that Kuntz has a way better 10 yard split than JSN.
    RAS alone is no bueno.
    These guys look explosive in games.
    Maybe round 4 +.
    We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
      Bolt Spit-Baller
      • Sep 2018
      • A Whale's Vajayjay
      • CMB refugee
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post
      Beachcomber....not gonna quote that monster you put out, but...

Gotta admit, did not realize Tito was a Patellar rupture. That is not good...I thought he would be 100 percent by training camp...not sure why I thought it was acl.

Like last year with the IOL, our dline is a sneaky need...Beach might finally get a high selection at nose...and we are thin at 3 tech also.

Siaka, Mazi Smith, Benton(who I think is versatile enough to play multiple positions)....I think one of those guys will be there in the second...not worried bout Mazi...our vets will tune that kid up...mentorship.

Just so many directions to go with the first 2 picks...think Im gonna be genuinely surprised this year...
      I agree with this.
      the talent is worth the character risk, but it's hard to imagine Telesco taking a chance.
      a Golden Domer DT who stomped on a guys head yes, but not Mazi. ha.
      G-Ro knows.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
        Smooth Operation
        • May 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Yes, I've only watched a bit of Kuntz (tape is kinda scarce) but he looks long and athletic. Schoonmaker I've seen more of. I like the way he plays. He's probably well coached and tough (having played for Harbaugh). The dude I like is Josh Whyle. Also a guy that is long and athletic.

This is why I love me some Wood Eye... Jadakis Bonds. Deep dive Woody. I'll check him out.
        I see no reason to draft TE too early. I don't think any of them are as good as my top-7 CB's.
        Jadakis checks numerous boxes. He sets up defenders, then burns them deep, time after time. Tracks the ball well. Don't look for explosive separation.
        6'4"
        Football fast.
        Round 5 +.
        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Xenos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Looks more and more like we’re drafting WR in day 1 or 2 this year. Maybe even double dip in Day3. Someone who can be WR3 or WR4, and be at least a future WR2 in 2024.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2022
            • White Rock, BC Canada
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            Looks more and more like we’re drafting WR in day 1 or 2 this year. Maybe even double dip in Day3. Someone who can be WR3 or WR4, and be at least a future WR2 in 2024.
            Hope so.

Last 2 deep threats in UFA, Chark and Ahgolor signed today

Comment

• sonorajim
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              Not to argue pro or con, just curious why you say this?
              I see it as a possibility, not a high probability.
              When we're on the clock, WR could jump out as BPA. I lean toward TE, CB or Edge at 21.
              A rookie WR will compete with Palmer for 3rd or 4th most targets in 2023. 5th if Ekeler remains a Charger.
              A WR in 1 or 2 needs to be a special talent IMO.
              If we get one, Yay Us!

Comment

• Critty
                Dominate the Day.
                • Mar 2019
                • Send PM

I think Stalesco feels good about top 3 WR this year and next. Allen, Williams and Palmer. I am guessing they are looking for a WR4 slot type with punt return ability and speed like Josh Downs or Zay Flowers. But not at Rd1 Pick. Pick #54 if one of them are there. Or maybe in later rds Charlie Jones.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post
                  I think Stalesco feels good about top 3 WR this year and next. Allen, Williams and Palmer. I am guessing they are looking for a WR4 slot type with punt return ability and speed like Josh Downs or Zay Flowers. But not at Rd1 Pick. Pick #54 if one of them are there. Or maybe in later rds Charlie Jones.

Yes but even Broncos signing a guy like Marquez Calloway to WR5 behind Jeudy, Sutton, Patrick, Hamler....pretty solid #5 WR...Calloway can play some and is vastly better than what we would trot out at #4...think he is close to Palmer at #3

You think our brass might know that depth with injuries at WR comes into play lol

I get that we don't have tons of cap but teams with less cap on the list than us are getting guys signed and getting things done. The draft alone isnt going to fill in this roster, especially with TT's track record of mid round picks.

Getting antsy...feed us a signing...get JJ3 in here!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2022
                    • White Rock, BC Canada
                    • Send PM

While i feel good about Kellen Moore, are we really going to trot out the same speedless offence as last year?

Edge i understand ..but if Staley and his influence gets another of his beloved CBs picked high before some offensive weapons for the better half of this team I will be an unhappy Bolt fan.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Stalesco - I was going to use this but I didn't want come off as flippant but now that you used this term I will also. I think Staley is greatly involved in personnel decisions and may have more influence than Telesco.

I agree - the trio of KA/MW/JP is pretty decent, providing none of them miss significant time to injury. I agree they won't draft a WR in the first round, but they will be looking for speed at WR later in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if they draft two WRs with speed; at least one will be tapped as a kick returner. I wonder if Kellen Moore will want to carry six WRs on the roster. Under Lombardi they only wanted to carry five, and that hurt Herbert and the offense because the WR corps quickly became depleted when injuries took out guys at the top the depth chart.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                        Pretty much retired......
                        • Sep 2018
                        • JoJa
                        • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                        • Send PM

All I can say about speed at WR is Bryce Ford Wheaton in round 3. Pick up a Bobo or Islovas in 5 or a sammy small in 6. Then we have some speed and some depth.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                          We Are The Storm!
                          • Aug 2018
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
                          All I can say about speed at WR is Bryce Ford Wheaton in round 3. Pick up a Bobo or Islovas in 5 or a sammy small in 6. Then we have some speed and some depth.
                          What if Mims is still there in the 3rd?Demario Douglas in the 6th or 7th either way!

Comment

Working...
                          X