2023 Official Charger Draft - Post Draft Discussion (Daily Links In OP)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NashBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Jack Burton View Post

He has a very weird foot injury. Numerous bones where his foot and ankle meet on the top of his foot are broken.
    Hes 6-7” 260. It just doesn’t bode well for recovery having that much weight on that area. I think teams see him as a constantly injured player.
    He does have a foot injury. Saw a pic that showed several screws and plates to repair it. This would be why many teams took him off their boards. I hope he heals completely and has a good career.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post
      Chargers biggest offensive problem was getting short yardage on 3rd down in the run game. 3 rounds and they are sitting pat with the same personnel from last year.
      They only had 3 picks and a lot of need. What would you have done in 1, 2 and 3???

Comment

• Lone Bolt
        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
        • Feb 2019
        • McLean Illinois
        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Denzel didn't weigh 225 lbs,...I hope the kid can add some bulk so he don't get run over and drug around like Donnie Edwards did.

I like the kid, just undersized. Staley seems to like undersized LBs. Littleton was undersized too and was awful in support. Didn't last long with the Raiders. Just one season.
        Leonard out of Indy was All pro playing at 215...gotta use him right, but if you do, I don't worry about the size...though I wouldn't mind him adding a few pounds...

I like the JOK comp I read also...I loved that kid coming out, though he has been up and down...but who isn't playiing in Cleveland, lol...that town is cursed.
        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2021
          • Send PM

Telesco conservative approach allows other teams, who understand their needs, ample opportunity to jump ahead or select player whom they like as well and take then off the board.

Seattle crushed the bolts on the field end of last season when Chargers needed a win (37-23) yet still picking ahead in draft
          selecting player after player better than the Chargers, very frustrating.
          JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA
          DERICK HALL
          ZACH CHARBONNET

Comment

• dmac_bolt
            Day Tripper
            • May 2019
            • North of the Lagoon
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

impressive, looks like a legit player...
            He runs a lot slower than Tuli on tape - what’s he got, a 5.8 40?
            “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post
              Telesco conservative approach allows other teams, who understand their needs, ample opportunity to jump ahead or select player whom they like as well and take then off the board.

Seattle crushed the bolts on the field end of last season when Chargers needed a win (37-23) yet still picking ahead in draft
              selecting player after player better than the Chargers, very frustrating. JAXON SMITH-NJIGBA
              DERICK HALL
              ZACH CHARBONNET

I prefer conservative Tom than aggressive Tom who trades up and fail.

And I’m sure the FO were fine with their choices over Seattle’s.

Comment

• Xenos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

That all may be true and he becomes an all pro receiver for Herbert for years to come. Not guaranteed, but his ceiling looks high.

The problem I have with the pick is there’s a 50/50 chance he is not an impact player this year and his chances of seeing a significant amount of playing time is only if KA or Williams are injured.

I would have preferred an impact player that starts day one that could also be all the the things you hope for for QJ in years to come but at a bigger position of need right now.
                Given QJ’s skill set, there’s a good chance he sees the field quite a bit this year.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

That all may be true and he becomes an all pro receiver for Herbert for years to come. Not guaranteed, but his ceiling looks high.

The problem I have with the pick is there’s a 50/50 chance he is not an impact player this year and his chances of seeing a significant amount of playing time is only if KA or Williams are injured.

I would have preferred an impact player that starts day one that could also be all the the things you hope for for QJ in years to come but at a bigger position of need right now.
                  so you wanted jammer chase at 21? someone to bench two 20mil per year guys in MW and KA? nobody could be happy with any draft with expectations as unrealistic as that...and the funny thing is that we actually got the most dangerous WR in this draft and you don't realize it yet...listen, QJ is going to play even with a healthy WR room, he is still going to get a good 80 targets next season and his YAC ability will add a dangerous dynamic that was missing from this offense...
                  "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Darnell visited the Steelers in person before the draft. I’m sure they looked closely at the injuries and sought medical opinions versus relying on rumors.

The LB we got in the 3rd round was injured in college and missed games. Years ago the Chargers drafted a fast coverage LB who’s only knock was he was undersized. He got injured too often and never panned out.

It will be interesting to follow Darnell’s career but when Steelers lineup with their two big TE formation of Washington and Frehmuth in the Redzone, who are both great blockers, it will be terrifying for defenses as opposed to our porous easily overrun OL’s.

Henley played 12 games last 2 years by my count?

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The second and third round picks - good value

that first round pick is a little disconcerting - thats a big gap. Had to be higher on Telescos' board - hopefully like top 18 if not top 15 type player. In the first round, if you are truly reaching that much - you are helping the league out.
                      Campbell wasnt really a reach. Ive seen him ranked in round 1. Some had him as their # LB and if that is the guy you want, draft him. He may turn out to be the best LB in this draft.
                      I am surprised Sanders went in th top of the third but he only played one season at LB and maybe teams thought he was too raw to draft high for the NFL level. But id sure of liked to get him and find out.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Slater missed most of the year, Salyer was out of position, and both him and Johnson were rookies, plus Linsley and pipkins were dealing with injuries....they will be more experienced as a group and without fieler this is a more physical group...so no fieler and add Slater back to the equation and you have a completely different left side from last year...but you already knew that...
                        Feiler is addition by subtraction. Never played as good as many here thought.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

I prefer conservative Tom than aggressive Tom who trades up and fail.

And I’m sure the FO were fine with their choices over Seattle’s.
                          In games that count, on the field, Chargers are losing to the Seahawks. Is it coaching or GM?

Comment

Working...
                          X